After many years of my sister and her husband visiting this resort, we were interested in taking our vacation here as well.
I'm so glad we did as it was the most beautifully done renovations. We had seen all the past year pictures of my familys visits here and with the new updates, they were spectacular.
From the first time we walked in and were greeting by Manuel, (who my sister and brothr in law have gotten to know over the years.) it was breathtaking.
The check in went very well. We arrived around 1pm, and were handed a drink and a smile. The process went very smooth, for anyone that had said that the front desk employees were rude, they must be snooty people and expect much more then the high standard that is already visable. They all were great.
The food was absolutely wonderful, again, anyone who had a complaint is out of their minds. We never once made reservations for the specialty restaurants, because the buffets were so full of a little bit of something for everyone. It was amazing!
If you wanted steak, there was always some sort of steak being served, seafood, mexican, and the pasta bar was to die for! As was the omelette station in the morning! Again, anyone complaining about the mediocre food, must have such a rich palet that they think that the food there was below their standards!
The rooms, were sooo nice, every thing I read prior to going said they were damp and that was the main complaint. Yes they were damp, but nothing to get bent out of shape about. It actually felt good after being out in the sun all day!
The staff were all wonderful! Always greeted you with a smile!
Our room was on the lower floor facing the fountains, it was so relaxing coming up from a day on the beach/pool, and relax on your balcony overlooking the beauifl fountains!
We did visit other resorts, and I was very happy we stayed at the Palace, our staff seemed more happy and upbeat!
Overall, our visit was amazing. Ended all too soon, could use another few days there, but will return again.
Only one small con, the tiles are very slippery, we did have one lady fall and broke her wrist the first day we were there. Everytime we seen her she looked like she was making the best of a bad situation. I just wore low shoes and walked slow!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- * Located on the Yucatan peninsula, 3 km / 1.9 Miles from Playa del Carmen * Within the Playacar resort, along with the Riu Palace Riviera Maya, Riu Yucatan, Riu Playacar and the ClubHotel Riu Tequila hotels * 2-storey building * Surrounded by 20,000 m2 / 24,000 sq. Yards of lush gardens * Located on the beach * Complimentary sun loungers on the beach * 200 m / 650 feet from Mexican Street * 55 km / 34 miles from Cancun Int. Airport * Credit cards accepted: Visa, MasterCard ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, BookIt.com, Travelocity, Hotels.com, RIU Hotels and Resorts, Priceline, Hotwire, Cheap Tickets, Cancelon, Evoline ltd, TripOnline SA, getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Hotel Riu Palace Mexico reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Riu Palace Mexico Hotel
- Riu Palace Mexico Playa Del Carmen
- Riu Palace Playa Del Carmen
- Riu Palace Mayan Riviera
- Riu Playa Del Carmen
- Mexico Palace Riu
- Riu Mexico
- Rui Palace Mexico
- Hotel Riu Palace Mexico Riviera Maya/Playa Del Carmen