We had a superb two weeks stay here. The service by the staff was first class. Really hard working, so friendly and helpful, nothing is too much trouble. Our room was kept spotlessly clean and the service we received in the main restaurant could not have been better.
The Hotel has the best best beach location, plenty of space and extremely good shade under the beach palm trees.
The food choice and quality was one of the best we have found anywhere in the world.
The Hotel has a Palacial grandeur and creates the 'old world' ambience.
We had a frontline Jacuzzi suite No. 2048 which is one of the best suites at the hotel. A front facing suite on the first floor would also be very good, and we would probably choosed this next time as we did not make much use of the jacuzzi.
However the Hotel is closing down in September for 3 months for a total refurbishment into a ultra modern hotel. Whether this will be successful must be a big question. The rooms do need upgrading as the bathroom does need a separate walk in shower rather than a shower head in a slippery bath!
The hotel offers very goiod facilities and activities and Playacar being a gated resort is a very safe and pleasant resort, without the constant pestering and tak tak shops in nearby Playa del Carmen. One visit to there is enough.
An excursion to Tulum and Xclaret theme park well worth going to. At Xclaret take the free 45 minute English speaking tours and stop for the magnificient show in the evening.
We hired a car for a week and driving was easy and well worth it.
This is a very good inclusive hotel, but maybe if you want to keep to the colonial ambience you may have to choose the sister RIU Palace hotel which was refurbished 3 years ago
We would certainly return though for a Beach Resort holiday
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- * Located on the Yucatan peninsula, 3 km / 1.9 Miles from Playa del Carmen * Within the Playacar resort, along with the Riu Palace Riviera Maya, Riu Yucatan, Riu Playacar and the ClubHotel Riu Tequila hotels * 2-storey building * Surrounded by 20,000 m2 / 24,000 sq. Yards of lush gardens * Located on the beach * Complimentary sun loungers on the beach * 200 m / 650 feet from Mexican Street * 55 km / 34 miles from Cancun Int. Airport * Credit cards accepted: Visa, MasterCard ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with RIU Hotels and Resorts, Expedia, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Orbitz, Priceline, Evoline ltd, TripOnline SA, Cancelon, getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Hotel Riu Palace Mexico reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Riu Palace Mexico Hotel
- Riu Palace Mexico Playa Del Carmen
- Riu Palace Playa Del Carmen
- Riu Palace Mayan Riviera
- Riu Playa Del Carmen
- Mexico Palace Riu
- Riu Mexico
- Rui Palace Mexico
- Hotel Riu Palace Mexico Riviera Maya/Playa Del Carmen