“yuck!” 1 of 5 bubbles

Dining options: Dinner, Outdoor Seating, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada
“yuck!”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 14, 2014

We used to love this place as you could get a whole lobster out of the tank and it was a decent price. They recently changed names to "Caribbean Lobster" and it was awful this time. We asked for a whole lobster and got only a large tail that was $190 CDN and not very good. The sides were mushy vegetables and bland rice. The drinks were watery and not good either. Would not go back.

• Visited February 2014
    • 2 of 5 bubbles

Lansdale, Pennsylvania
“utterly strange!!”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 8, 2013

This was my first trip to Playa, there were so many places to eat around. Me and fiancé got pressured into eating here by one of the men on the street. The food was good, we got the chicken fajitas, we made sure that we were very clear on the price before we sat down, and now that I am reading other reviews I am glad we did. The place looked very dirty. I wont go here again, Nothing terrible happened, but I feel like I dodged a bullet.

• Visited July 2013
Hilton Head, South Carolina
“Interesting.”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 20, 2013

The food was good and the drinks were good. However, when they told me my bill was 90.00 for 4 drinks and 3 appetizers - I didn't argue - I just handed them my visa. Needless to say, they claim that the visa machine just broke down. I wouldn't have ate there if they would have told me that it wasn't working - I asked before I sat down to eat.

So I asked them what should I do. They asked me if I had any jewelry to give them or a cell phone - anything - which I didn't have.

I asked them if they were going to call the police - they said they don't know what to do.

After 2 hours in the hot sun - wasting my day - then said that I had to walk to a liquor store and buy them 90.00 worth of liquor - I didn't want to go to jail - so that is what I did.

Blocks away with my mother.

I would not recommend that place to anyone.

And to make things more interesting - the man across the stree working in a shop - came over and ate half of our food.

Not a good experience.

The only bad experience I can say about the whole trip.

Visited May 2013
2 Thank 859Beth
Regina, Canada
“Avoid like the plague”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 3, 2013

Ok. My girlfriend and i went to this place, without reading reviews. Biggest mistake ever.

I want to add, before i get into this rant, that the staff were very good. Helpful, friendly, quick.... But nothing they could do could prepare us for what came next.

I ordered a lobster tail, medium size. She ordered the shrimp.

The lobster..... Was overcooked, and rubbery. It was accompanied by what others mentioned. One broccoli, one cauliflower, and some really bad plain white rice.

The shrimp.... Came with the same sides. It was butterflied, with the shell still on it, which i thought was the dumbest thing ever. It was also overcooked.

The rice tasted like bleach.

We also got guac and chips to start.

The bill came to 121 dollars USD.

DO NOT, I REPEAT, DO NOT GO HERE.

Let this place die.

Worst dining experience of my 28 years on earth.

• Visited April 2013
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank SimonBesh
Chicago, Illinois
“Nasty food, nasty bathrooms.”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 25, 2013

We ordered a stuffed avocado with shrimp and lobster for $28 US. The avocado had no lobster and the shrimp tasted old and like with freeze burn. The only edible part of this appetizer was the avocado. It was the most expensive avocado I have eaten in my life!

Visited February 2013