Just arrived back yesterday from 11 nights at the Riu Tequila wife my wife and had a top hoiday at what we would both describe as a really good hotel. It is a big hotel that caters for a lot of guests so if its a quiet hotel you're wanting then best to look elsewhere.
The staff work amazingly hard and the whole place is super clean.
Rooms are nice and and although there are old style TV's and the shower is a touch dark, as some previous reviews mentioned, surely if thats the worst people can find wrong tells you something?
Various bars that all serve lovely cocktails. They serve local spirits but if you're fussy for a brand ie Smirnoff vodka then they will supply it.
Food wise the hotel really is excellent. Breakfast and dinner have tons of choice and are really good quality. Luch has slightly less choice but is still really nice, not just ''burger and chips'' as another recent review moaned. We also ate twice in both the steak house and asian buffet which were both excellent.
The location of the hotel is good and as I'm sure your aware its a few minutes walk from the beach seems to bother some people. If it does then book another hotel. Why people moan about something thats well advertised in the hotel description is a mystery! Just a word of warning: The beach is beautiful but is very busy so bear in mind you'll be sharing it with a lot of other holidaymakers! Same with the pool area. One small thing that did annoy both of us was alot lot of the sunlongers were reserved with towels by 7.30 am yet some sat empty until a lot later in the morning. Signs up everywhere asking peole not to do it but wasn't enforced. Not a big gripe.
Playa Del Carmen is a fairly nice resort with a quite a few nice bars and restuarants. It also has a huge number of tourist tat shops if you like that kind of thing!
I hope this description helps people to make up their mind about booking a holiday at the Tequila. What annoys me is the people that complain passionately about fairly trivial things. Its not the best hotel in Mexico but neither is it the most expensive so my advice to people who didn't like their stay is next time pay alot more money and stay in a posher hotel. I your looking for an affordable place to stay that is lovely to stay in then you'll struggle to find better than here.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- * Within the resort area Playacar along with the hotels Riu Palace Mexico, Riu Palace Riviera Maya, Riu Yucatan and Riu Playacar * Main building and 1-story buildings * Surrounded by 48,000 m2 / 57,600 sq. Yards of lush gardens * 800 m / 2,650 ft. From the beach (complimentary shuttle) * Complimentary sun loungers on the beach * 300 m / 990 ft. From Mexican Street * 55 km / 34 miles from Cancun Int'l Airport * Credit cards accepted: Visa, MasterCard ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Orbitz, Hotwire, Cancelon, HotelQuickly, Evoline ltd and TripOnline SA so you can book your ClubHotel Riu Tequila reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Riu Clubhotel Tequila Hotel
- Riu Tequila Mexico
- Hotel Riu Tequila
- Riu Tequila Playa Del Carmen
- Rui Tequila
- ClubHotel Riu Tequila Riviera Maya/Playa Del Carmen, Mexico