Myself my partner and our 2 friends wanted a relaxing holiday in paradise and with non of us gone to Mexico before we were recommended to visit and I am glad we did, it was amazing!
We stayed for 14 nights from the 14th May 2014 - it rained a few days but only for 10 minutes, and to be honest you were glad it did, it was hot.
Food was out of this world, choice, quality and availability, could not fault it, we went to all 3 Al a Carte restaurants, the only one which was slightly disappointing was the Mexican, service was a little slow and the food wasn't brilliant. However the Asian restaurant is mouth watering and we went 3 times, just delicious.
The rooms were jaw dropping, the beds were HUGE, lovely bathroom and dressing room area with ample hanging and storage space, very very happy with the room. All the rooms are air conditioned which is included in the price and you are grateful for this due to the heat, nice size balcony/terrace and the rooms are not clustered and cramped altogether, which is nice, very authentic and peaceful.
ALL the hotel is spotless, you see people working all the time to keep it clean and tidy, gardeners, maids, maintenance staff, the service was superb.
Entertainment started a little late in my opinion, but that is because I was tired by 9pm due to the jet lag, which I never seemed to get used too, the entertainment staff are all trained and great performers, you get the usual enticement to join in and the kids mini disco is by far the best of the night! They are a little loud when you are by the pool trying to relax on their microphone, but that only last a few minutes.
The pool area is massive, plenty of beds and parasols, no need to worry about finding a bed, there is lots of space and lots of shade with natural trees.
The staff were great especially the waiting staff, maids and maintenance staff, be prepared to say Ola all day long, everyone is so welcoming, the only unfortunate episode I had was with a member of the reception, whether he was having a bad day I dont know, but the way he spoke to me was appalling, needless to say our rep sorted the situation which was all over an umbrella!
The selection of drinks is incredible and they are delicious, I don't drink alcohol so I was addicted to their iced coffees, delicious! My partner was trying all the cocktails which were fresh, sweet and fruity.
But by far the most amazing thing about the holiday was the beach, I have never seen anything so beautiful and tranquil, it was a dream to be sitting on it with palm trees as your shade, you only see that in the movies.
The wildlife is great too, with beautiful birds, Raccoons, lizzards, cats etc.... you will never be bored! The Raccoons are friendly and love red grapes, although you are not supposed to feed them but its hard to resist their charms!
Honestly this hotel is beautiful and we will be going back, we traveled with Thompson as we do on all our holidays, wonderful from start to finish, so lucky to have been, and if you are going, you will have a fabulous time!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- * Within the resort area Playacar along with the hotels Riu Palace Mexico, Riu Palace Riviera Maya, Riu Yucatan and Riu Playacar * Main building and 1-story buildings * Surrounded by 48,000 m2 / 57,600 sq. Yards of lush gardens * 800 m / 2,650 ft. From the beach (complimentary shuttle) * Complimentary sun loungers on the beach * 300 m / 990 ft. From Mexican Street * 55 km / 34 miles from Cancun Int'l Airport * Credit cards accepted: Visa, MasterCard ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Travelocity, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Hotwire, TripOnline SA, Cancelon and Evoline ltd so you can book your ClubHotel Riu Tequila reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Riu Clubhotel Tequila Hotel
- Riu Tequila Mexico
- Hotel Riu Tequila
- Riu Tequila Playa Del Carmen
- Rui Tequila
- ClubHotel Riu Tequila Riviera Maya/Playa Del Carmen, Mexico