I would score this 4.5 if I had the option. It is nearly perfect. The staff in particular are very well above average. The food choice is excellent both in variety and quality. The rooms are a little tired, however they are spotlessly clean. Our House keeper Joel did an absolutely amazing job. Every day there was lovely towel art on our bed to welcome us back from our day on the beach.
The A La Carte choices aren't really that special, apart from the Steak House which has proper waiter service.
We were invited to a Head Chefs special dinner one evening, which was really wonderful.
The walk to the beach between the Riu Yucaton and the Riu Palace Mexico was fine.(Although while we were there the Palace was being refurbished so was very dusty and noisy) Apparently the Yuaton is going to be refurbished early 2013, so I guess it will continue to be a noisy and dirty walk for quite a while.
We were on an upper level floor which was perfect. The Coatis are absolutely lovely, though very cheeky. They seem to drink a lot of alcohol, my husband put his pinacolada down by his sunbed by the pool which was drunk by a thirsty coati putting his snout into the cup and happily slurping it down.
We has great weather, we did one trip to Xel ha (which was great) and walked down the beach to playa del Carmen, which was a lovely walk, especially on the way back with the sun setting.
Our flight back with thomson was pretty poor 12 hr 48 min delay. Picked up from the hotel before midnight and the plane not leaving until 05.35. We were supposed to be leaving at 12.45 (Lunchtime).
Thomson didn't provide any food or drinks for the long stay at the airport, I has a little money left so could buy a few bits. I had paid for sesating together £120 which we didn't get and the plane was grubby with the most uncomfortable seats. The plane over was First Choice and back Thomson.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- * Within the resort area Playacar along with the hotels Riu Palace Mexico, Riu Palace Riviera Maya, Riu Yucatan and Riu Playacar * Main building and 1-story buildings * Surrounded by 48,000 m2 / 57,600 sq. Yards of lush gardens * 800 m / 2,650 ft. From the beach (complimentary shuttle) * Complimentary sun loungers on the beach * 300 m / 990 ft. From Mexican Street * 55 km / 34 miles from Cancun Int'l Airport * Credit cards accepted: Visa, MasterCard ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Orbitz, BookIt.com, Hotwire, Cancelon, Evoline ltd, TripOnline SA and HotelQuickly so you can book your ClubHotel Riu Tequila reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Riu Clubhotel Tequila Hotel
- Riu Tequila Mexico
- Hotel Riu Tequila
- Riu Tequila Playa Del Carmen
- Rui Tequila
- ClubHotel Riu Tequila Riviera Maya/Playa Del Carmen, Mexico