Stayed for 3 weeks Sept/October. In summary:
Staff - fabulous throughout the complex. Animation team one of the hardest working I have ever encountered.
Rooms - dark, dated but have everything required for a clean and comfortable stay. Ground floor rooms noisy with maids setting up trolleys from 7am.
Food - Buffet has a good selection. Didn't get bored but wish there was bigger choice of vegetables. Mexican restaurant - food good but lacks atmosphere, Steak house - good food, good atmosphere. Haven't done the Asian but heard positive reports. Lunch buffet - adequate selection with variety of hot dishes each day and fresh salads. Sports bar food is to be kept as emergency rations. It has a poor choice for vegetarians.
Pools - Sad to say its the Brits who reserve loungers and then disappear back to bed. Beach close enough and guaranteed beds.
Bars - staff wonderful, drink quality variable but good choice and staff knock themselves out to give you what you want. Pool bar (Lupita) quiet in the evening as opposed to the entertainment area which gets very busy.
Areas for improvement - would be nice to have child free bar, smoke free area in lobby, We spent a couple of nights in Cozumel and had a wonderful time away from the AI atmosphere. Some great bars and the island has a nice vibe if you can ignore the taxi drivers and sellers trying to get your attention.
Back to the Tequila - booked for next year - highest recommendation I can give.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The All Inclusive ClubHotel Riu Tequila, is located approx. 800 m from the long, beautiful Playa del Carmen beach of the Playacar residential estate, along with the Hotel Riu Palace Mexico, Hotel Riu Palace Riviera Maya, Hotel Riu Yucatan and Hotel Riu Playacar hotels. The location is ideal due to its proximity to Playa del Carmen (3km) and Cancún International Airport (CUN) is approx. 55 km away. The hotel has 584 comfortably furnished rooms and offers many amenities, set in 48,000 sq.m. of lush gardens. A luxurious golf resort is located nearby. There is a complimentary hotel shuttle to the beach. 2 outdoor pools, 1 children’s pool. For the youngest guests, there is the RiuLand Kids Club (for children from 4 to 7 years & 8 to 12 years old) and for adults, day and evening entertainment, discotheque. For lovers of gastronomy, we offer live cooking stations at our main buffet as well as Asian, Mexican cuisine, Steakhouse, 4 bars situated in various areas of the hotel. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Hotwire, Travelocity, Priceline, getaroom.com, Cancelon, Evoline ltd and TripOnline SA so you can book your ClubHotel Riu Tequila reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Riu Clubhotel Tequila Hotel
- Riu Tequila Mexico
- Hotel Riu Tequila
- Riu Tequila Playa Del Carmen
- Rui Tequila
- ClubHotel Riu Tequila Riviera Maya/Playa Del Carmen, Mexico