The Playacar is one of 6 Rius on this large holiday village - we had access to 4. The playacar rooms are a little tired, need an upgrade but this didn't in any way spoil our enjoyment. The hotewl is the smallest & quietest of the 4 which suited us, less children & we thought the best of the 4. We saw no need to pay extra to go to the Palaces. Our room was 2 minutes from the pool, 3 from the beautiful sandy beach. The was plenty of room each day. Food excellent - spolit for choice & by the end of the 2 weeks too much!! Cocktails superb. Staff in the main very friendly, cleaning service excellent.
we went with Thomson & could have gone on lots of excursions but wanted a quite break. There was no pressure to do more. The town was a half hour walk away; some pressure to buy but otherwise no real hassle. Definitely the perfect holiday to suit all tastes
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- * In the Playacar resort area, along with the Riu Palace Mexico, Riu Palace Riviera Maya, Riu Yucatan and the ClubHotel Riu Tequila hotels * Main building and 8 annexed buildings * Located on the beach * Complimentary sun loungers on the beach * Surrounded by 21,000 m2/25,000 sq. Yards of tropical gardens * Mexican Street, next to Riu Yucatan * 100 m/325 ft. From various shops * 55 km/34 miles from Cancun Int'l. Airport ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Despegar.com and Orbitz so you can book your Hotel Riu Playacar reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Riu Playacar Hotel Playa Del Carmen
- Riu Playacar Playa Del Carmen
- Riu Playacar Reviews
- Playacar Hotels
- Riu Playacar Mexico
- Rui Playacar
- Hotel Riu Playacar Riviera Maya/Playa Del Carmen, Mexico