I stayed at Sandos Caracol for seven days (April 15-22, 2013). My girlfriend and I were, on the whole, very pleased with this resort. Everything is very clean. The rooms are very nice and all the facilities as well. The staff was pleasant and very helpful. The food was mostly excellent. I say mostly because I found that any Mexican themed meal was pretty bad. These Mexican themed nights can be avoided though because there are a number of different places you can eat at Sandos. I feel that it is maybe more because I am not a fan of Mexican dishes.
One suggestion I would give them for the restaurants, however, is their "product placement". At peak hours it got really annoying because certain things came before others and therefore required you to run around a lot which created serious confusion and traffic jams at the buffets.One small example is that, while following the line, the ice cream topping come before the ice cream itself. So if you wanted chocolate syrup on your ice cream you basically had to wait the line twice because by the time you get your ice cream, the syrup is behind you where people are waiting to get the ice cream... This was the same for salads, taccos... you name it.
The bad part of this resort was the dive shop Scuba Libre. I am a certified Divemaster but my girlfriend had never dived before. She wanted to do the discover SCUBA course. After a theory and pool session that was WAY too short she did not feel comfortable or safe diving in the ocean. The dive shop still charged us for the dives that she did not do. I will never dive with these people again. I in fact took my business elsewhere for the remainder of my vacation. But after filing a complaint to the resort about this issue, the resort's management contacted me and offered us both a free massage at the spa which made us both very happy.
This is a very family friendly resort so there can be a lot of crying babies at times. But you can almost always find a quiet spot to relax. The resort is massive and you will do a lot of walking.
We really enjoyed our stay here at Sandos, minus the dive shop problems, and we hope to return sooner rather than later!
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Hotels.com, Expedia, Agoda, Travelocity, Booking.com, BookIt.com, Hotwire, Cancelon, HotelsforEveryone, Cheap Tickets, TripOnline SA, getaroom.com, Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your Sandos Caracol Eco Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Caracol Beach
- Sandos Caracol Eco Hotel
- Sandos Caracol Beach Resort Spa
- Sandos Select Club
- Sandos Caracol Mexico
- Hotel Sandos Caracol Eco
- Caracol Village Hotel Playa Del Carmen
- Sandos Caracol Beach & Spa Mayan Riviera
- Sandos Caracol Resort
- Sandos Caracol Riviera Maya