“Always Perfect”
Review of Oh Lala!

Oh Lala!
Reserve with OpenTable
Oh Lala! is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #2 of 1,333 Restaurants in Playa del Carmen
Cuisines: International
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Description: The cuisine at Oh Lala! Is a refreshing change from that of other, more conventional restaurants. Guests are treated like good old friends in a relaxing atmosphere coupled with personalized service and good food. Opened in January, 2011, by co-owners George and Mikaela, Oh Lala! Offers personalized experiences for its guests, ranging from a laidback sampling of hors d'oeuvres and wines, to a leisurely look at the full menu. With a total of 9 tables divided between the indoor and outdoors seating, and an open kitchen, Chef George, Mikaela, and their staff, make sure that every visit to Oh Lala, International Cuisine by George, Is a unique and a delicious one.
Reviewed June 30, 2014

Second year in a row our favorite restaurant. We went there twice and both meals were superb. Run by a wonderful husband and wife who treat you like gold.I can see why they have been rated #1 in Playa for two years in a row.

1  Thank EFHutton
Write a ReviewReviews (2,030)

Reviewed June 25, 2014

But yesterday, my fiance and I had one of the best dining experiences ever at Oh La La. From the polite and warm welcome of the staff, to the quiet, modern, beautiful ambiance you just felt great before even having a bite of food. But then when you start eating....wow! The food is simple and elegant and each component is perfectly balanced with the other ingredients. You can tell that everything from the delicious olive oil to the salt to the potatoes, the tuna and meat are all quality ingredients. We started with the tuna tartar which we could have had another 2 orders as is was simply delicious and I had the Butter Soy Tuna for entree and my fiance had the filet mignon. Both were delicious but the Butter Soy Tuna was something so unique and delicious that my fiance, who is usually a strict meat eater, loved the tuna and will be getting that next time we are back. We finished with a light and satisfying tiramisu which was a perfect finish. Not cheap for Mexico and more in line with a mid$$$ restaurant back in NYC but well worth it (was around $100 for couple, with wine and all) and you are happy to spend it on the food and a fabulous evening. Thank you for a wonderful experience, delicious food and kind and warm service!

Reviewed June 24, 2014 via mobile

My new husband and I had a wonderful dinner here to kick off our honeymoon. All the food was excellent, the service was top notch and they even added a couple nice touches to celebrate our honeymoon. Thank you for a special night and all the warm wishes.

Reviewed June 23, 2014

Being from NJ we are near many great restaurants and many fine dining experiences Oh la la is a very special place.. The food is outstanding. Everyone made our anniversary dinner very special. It was very easy to make a reservation by email a few days before we arrived. I had never been to a restaurant where the entire staff looked so happy to be there. It showed in the food. Oh la la is a must in playa del carmen.

Reviewed June 22, 2014

Well, "oh lala" is how I would describe our dinner experience on a Saturday night whilst we were on vacation in Playa Del Carmen. Michaela was the perfect host, personally welcoming all the guests on arrival. The food was delicious and exquisitely prepared. Our server was very attentive and ensured we had everything we needed and even arranged for one of the dishes to be prepared a different way to meet dietary requirements. It's a small restaurant but very well laid out and I would highly recommend a visit and making a reservation.