“Excellent Food, Staff, and Service”
Review of Oh Lala!

Oh Lala!
Reserve with OpenTable
Oh Lala! is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #2 of 1,397 Restaurants in Playa del Carmen
Cuisines: International
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Dinner, Delivery, Reservations
Description: The cuisine at Oh Lala! Is a refreshing change from that of other, more conventional restaurants. Guests are treated like good old friends in a relaxing atmosphere coupled with personalized service and good food. Opened in January, 2011, by co-owners George and Mikaela, Oh Lala! Offers personalized experiences for its guests, ranging from a laidback sampling of hors d'oeuvres and wines, to a leisurely look at the full menu. With a total of 9 tables divided between the indoor and outdoors seating, and an open kitchen, Chef George, Mikaela, and their staff, make sure that every visit to Oh Lala, International Cuisine by George, Is a unique and a delicious one.
Reviewed December 27, 2013

I had my birthday at Oh Lala and it was wonderful. It is off the beaten path but well worth it. The food was awesome and Mychaela was great at helping us make food choices. We were not rushed in any way. I plan on spending my 50th with them next year. Great Experience.

Write a ReviewReviews (2,080)

Reviewed December 27, 2013

Great food, great staff, great owners, we had a blast in november, we went 3 nights in a row!
The soy butter sauce Tuna wa excellent, the currys very tasty especially at 2 1/2 on a scale of 5 for the spicyness.Michaela and George, be careful, I ill open the la la Oh :))) And thanks for the small fork for my wife :)))

Reviewed December 27, 2013

This is easily one of my favorite restaurants ever, not only was the food amazing and the place cozy but the owners took special care to come around every couple minutes to recommend dishes, ask to make sure everything was going great and mainly just make sure we were having the time of our lives. Me and my family were there celebrating a special occasion and without us asking for it Mikaela brought us a celebration cake (Which was really amazing and tasty!).
Out of all the magnificent dishes I´d single out the following as the best:
- Mint lamb chops
- Lobster & mero curry
- Apple crepes

If you are in playa you cannot leave before visiting Oh Lala! I give you my word if you have an experience even half as good as we did you will leave with a smile that will last you weeks and a craving that will last until your next visit!

Cheers,
Emilio

Reviewed December 26, 2013

This is another very cute, small restaurant with great cooking.
Owners George and Mychaela are very good at what they do and very friendly.
We had the papaya salad ( excellent and unique), sweet white curry with grouper, and the soy, butter tuna steak - unbelievable.
We have made tuna steaks twice since we've been home just trying to recreate something similar.
restaurant is a very nice setting.
PS - only 8 tables so we made a Saturday night reservation a week before.

Reviewed December 23, 2013

People rightly praise the food; everything we had from the mussels to the salads to the Thai curry and Butter Soy Tuna were delicious; but it is really the atmosphere the owners create that sets this place apart. You really feel like you are in the home of some friends who are REALLY great cooks! We went to celebrate friends' 20th anniversary and they were so warm and welcoming. They spent time discussing the menu with us and gave us quite a few wine samples to help us decide which ones to order with our meals. If you want to eat well and feel well taken care of, this is the place in Playa!