“Impeccable Service + Outstanding Food”
Review of Oh Lala!

Oh Lala!
Reserve with OpenTable
Oh Lala! is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #1 of 1,257 Restaurants in Playa del Carmen
Good for: Romantic, Special occasions
Dining options: Dinner, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Cash Only, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: The cuisine at Oh Lala! Is a refreshing change from that of other, more conventional restaurants. Guests are treated like good old friends in a relaxing atmosphere coupled with personalized service and good food. Opened in January, 2011, by co-owners George and Mikaela, Oh Lala! Offers personalized experiences for its guests, ranging from a laidback sampling of hors d'oeuvres and wines, to a leisurely look at the full menu. With a total of 9 tables divided between the indoor and outdoors seating, and an open kitchen, Chef George, Mikaela, and their staff, make sure that every visit to Oh Lala, International Cuisine by George, Is a unique and a delicious one.
Atlanta, Georgia
“Impeccable Service + Outstanding Food”
Reviewed October 29, 2013

We have been to Playa del Carmen a handful of times, but no restaurant experience has been better than the one we had at Oh Lala! Mikaela Romero & Jorge Garcia, the owners and operators of the restaurant, are an incredibly passionate and dynamic duo who can turn what would normally be an ordinary celebratory dinner into something truly special. We dined here for my birthday and received the most impeccable service from the moment we arrived. Everything from the service to the conversation is personal, as if you are a guest at a private dinner party in the home of close friends. The restaurant is small, yet sophisticated without being pretentious, which delivers an exclusivity that no other restaurant in Playa del Carmen can provide. The menu is seasonal with a handful of entrees, some of which remain year-around - you can’t go wrong regardless of what you choose. All in all, it was the best meal and dining experience we've had – anywhere. Something about this place and its delightful owners leaves you with a sense of joy and contentment that you will remember long after you've returned home. It is truly a remarkable place worth visiting.

• Visited March 2013
2 Thank jordan324

• Hebrew first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
singapore
“Perfect meal in Playa.”
Reviewed October 26, 2013 via mobile

Had the most perfect meal here . Nie i know why its rated #1. Ordered the Thai papaya salad as an appetizer. I've visited Thailand many times and this papaya salad beat any I've ha before. Not too sweet and was served with peppers marinated in fish sauce and olive oil if I wanted alittle kick. As a main dish I ordered the special that night which was lobster tail and red snapper in a butter sauce. It was so good I practically ate the shell. For dessert I ordered the berry cheesecake which was just ok not great but I didn't expect it to be. I also had a delicious Mexican white wine which was a pleasant surprise. Wish oh Lala were in my 'hood so I could go more often! One of the best meals I've had in a long time.

2 Thank giraffe123
Foley, AL
“Fabulous Restaurant!”
Reviewed October 26, 2013 via mobile

We visited Oh Lala on my birthday, October 23, with our daughter and her friend. It totally lived up to its number one rating by Trip-advisor. Jorge and Mikaela, the owners, are so gracious and make you feel like you are guests in their home. I started off with the mushroom starter and cannot wait to order it again. Others had tuna and mussels which they loved. The men had tuna for the main course, our daughter had the lobster special, and I had the curry. They knew it was my birthday and brought in a decorated plate with ice cream and chocolate mousse. We finished the evening with after-dinner drinks. We are planning to go back again this week. It is definitely one of the best restaurants we have ever visited!

Visited October 2013
2 Thank jloock
Redmond, Washington
“great food and service”
Reviewed October 26, 2013

We went to the place twice (both times we made reservations and were glad because they do not seat people if there is no reservation). We tried almost everything on the menu and loved it all. Special mention deserves Tuna with very flavorful mashed potatoes, salad with smoked salmon, mushroom appetizer and pear in reduced red vine sous desert. Stuff is very helpful and friendly. We are looking forward to our visit there next year.

Visited September 2013
1 Thank KOKOadvises
“Amazing!”
Reviewed October 25, 2013

Everything from the service to the food was TOP NOTCH! Amazing menu, great wine, great service, great prices, and GREAT food! My husband and I had a hard time finding the place (maybe the 2 Calle 14?) and the taxi was not helpful. We found this place on TripAdvisor as well as another couple that enjoyed it at our condo, we thanked them thoroughly after our dinner. Can't say enough great things!!

• Visited October 2013