“I loved the location...” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Oh Lala!

Oh Lala!
Reserve with OpenTable
Oh Lala! is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #1 of 1,180 Restaurants in Playa del Carmen
Good for: Romantic, Special occasions
Dining options: Dinner, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Cash Only, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: The cuisine at Oh Lala! Is a refreshing change from that of other, more conventional restaurants. Guests are treated like good old friends in a relaxing atmosphere coupled with personalized service and good food. Opened in January, 2011, by co-owners George and Mikaela, Oh Lala! Offers personalized experiences for its guests, ranging from a laidback sampling of hors d'oeuvres and wines, to a leisurely look at the full menu. With a total of 9 tables divided between the indoor and outdoors seating, and an open kitchen, Chef George, Mikaela, and their staff, make sure that every visit to Oh Lala, International Cuisine by George, Is a unique and a delicious one.
Dallas, Texas
“I loved the location...”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 12, 2013

Like everyone else on tripadvisor, I had to go to Oh Lala because it was voted the top restaurant in PDC. It did not disappoint. Since my visit, they have moved locations, but I had no problem with the salon next door or the busy street next to us. That was a cool, authentic, cosy location that helped make the meal. It proves you can get fine dining with fabulous food anywhere.

Here are my major takeaways:

1) Mussels and Mushrooms for appetizer. The mushroom sauce was great and mushrooms very tasty. My wife loved the mussels. They were very fresh and perfectly cooked.

2) BUTTER SOY TUNA - I had never heard of such a thing and I cant really describe the taste. All I know is that if you love butter, soy sauce, or tuna, you have to get this dish. Best bite that I have had in months. Very tasty and complimented well with awesome mashed potatoes.

3) Service - Excellent. Very attentive and George (the Chef) came by at least twice to see how we enjoyed our meal.

4) Ambience - This charming little place with great food brought back memories of a 7-top Italian restaurant in London (to remain nameless) that my wife and I enjoyed in 1998. Oh Lala made me think of our lives way back then before we were married and how we are still out in the world looking for more charming spots like that...

• Visited July 2013
4 Thank Kevin M

• Hebrew first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
Edmonton
“Beautuful new location”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 10, 2013

we couldn't find it at first because they moved Aug 7 and we hadn't realized. Thankfully a women was coming out of the salon next door and she directed us just around the corner. The new location has about 8 seats outdoors on a beautiful covered patio and another 14 or so inside the trendy, air con interior. We had the seared tuna and thai fish curry. Both were fab. The mushroom appetizer was just ok. The table next to us had the lobster and snapper special which looked amazing. They must have been impressed because they seemed to be instagramming all their dishes lol. service is impeccable. Very proper without being stuffy. I'm glad we went back a second time after not being able to find it.

1 Thank Edmunchuker
“Do not skip it!!!!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 9, 2013

What can I say?! Food was absolutely delicious. The tuna stake with the must tasty mash potatoes I've ever had!
The atmosphere is good and the service is more than expected! We had a chat with the chef. Really nice guy who recommend us on a scuba dive club.
Perfect dinner!

• 3 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank Asaf K
Denderhoutem
“simply the best”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 8, 2013

We know this restaurant from last year and looked out to return there. George and Mikaela, a very nice couple and owners of the restaurant had recognized us immediately, and gave us a warm welcome. It was feeling like coming home. The service still was topclass; the food super and the company, all made it again a pleasant experience. That pleasant that we went for dinner for 7 times over 14 days. Since the frequency of our visits, George somethimes proposed to prepare a special meal, not from the menu, although it was very attractive. We appreciate very much. These meals were excellent. George is a very good cook. The Oh lala restaurant is getting to move to a larger house arround the corner. I guess the new restaurant will be like a jewel, because the owners pay special attention to the design and fitting up of the interior. This is not at the cost of the prices of the dishes, on the contrary, they are more than worth it. The other 7 days of our stay we compared with other good restaurants, but for us Oh lala still remains the number one of Playa.

• Visited July 2013
5 Thank ronnymoniek
Playa del Carmen, Mexico
“Exceeded All My Expectations”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 4, 2013

Based on the reviews, I decided to take my fiancée here for our 5th year anniversary dinner and sent an email to the restaurant letting them know of the special occasion. Mikaela and chef George immediately responded and gave several very good suggestions on how the make the night more eventful. They even helped source wine that was not on the menu. From the chocolate covered strawberries to the handmade written card with dessert, from start to finish it was an outstanding meal that we will not forget.

While the food was exceptional, the entire staff had an incredible attention to detail. One that is very reminiscent of the type of service one may find at any Michelin star restaurant

6 Thank Mark S