“If eating at Oh Lala is wrong, I don't wanna be right!”
Review of Oh Lala!

Oh Lala!
Reserve with OpenTable
Oh Lala! is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #1 of 1,257 Restaurants in Playa del Carmen
Good for: Special occasions, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Cash Only, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: The cuisine at Oh Lala! Is a refreshing change from that of other, more conventional restaurants. Guests are treated like good old friends in a relaxing atmosphere coupled with personalized service and good food. Opened in January, 2011, by co-owners George and Mikaela, Oh Lala! Offers personalized experiences for its guests, ranging from a laidback sampling of hors d'oeuvres and wines, to a leisurely look at the full menu. With a total of 9 tables divided between the indoor and outdoors seating, and an open kitchen, Chef George, Mikaela, and their staff, make sure that every visit to Oh Lala, International Cuisine by George, Is a unique and a delicious one.
“If eating at Oh Lala is wrong, I don't wanna be right!”
Reviewed July 11, 2013

From start to finish the meal was fantastic...We started with a mushroom salad, mussels & some kind of Thai salad, they were straight forward dishes that were perfectly prepared and each one contained super fresh ingredients. I got to try several things on the menu as our mains, lobster, seared tuna & a curry dish. I literally couldn't decide which was the best, however, I'd probably have to side with the tuna. The staff is incredibly friendly, gave us great suggestions and didn't rush us at all. We spent the better part of the night there conversing and drinking and unlike some places here in Playa that are more about turning tables than giving a great experience, they encouraged us to stay a while. I'd go back in a heartbeat.

• Visited July 2013

• Hebrew first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
“We went for it”
Reviewed July 6, 2013 via mobile

Beautiful little place. A few tables but a great service. First a great wine recommendation by the owner and a little trick with the cork attached to the bottle. Then some appetizers the tuna tartare (amazing) and the oh la la salad (fresh and delightful). As our main course, just the first words about the specials are mouthwatering, the tuna and the lobster, we went for it. They were very good, of course we had to share everything (that's what's all about)
Dessert and a delicious "carajillo"
It was worth it. A must go in Playa del Carmen.

2 Thank Arturo M
“Best service experience ever!”
Reviewed July 5, 2013

My partner and I waited last minute to make a reservation but still managed to get the last one for the evening at 10pm. This was a little late for us but needless to say, I am so glad we did! This was the best service I have ever received and the food was great! We had the oh lala salad, mushroom appetizer, soy butter tuna, and lobster special. The mushroom app and soybean tuna were are faves! It was truly individualized service at its best! Highly recommend to everyone! Make sure to make a reservation so you don't miss this experience.

• Visited July 2013
1 Thank Mel0921
Austin, Texas
“Great food and Service”
Reviewed July 1, 2013

Oh Lala really lived up to the reviews on tripadvisor. I was extremely impressed with the service we received from Mikaela and George.They were extremely attentive and accommodated our party of six for a last minute reservation one evening while vacationing in Playa del Carmen. George gave us an amazing wine recommendation, and the tuna appetizer was amazing along with the mushrooms that George recommended. Four of us had the filet mignon and the others had the balsamic tuna and mussels. Everyone thought the mean was phenomenal. We at at two other top 15 tripadvisor restaurants and this was by far the best. Also, the prices were very reasonable considering the quality of the food. I will recommend this one to everyone visiting PDC.

• Visited June 2013
2 Thank MGotcher
“Amazing!”
Reviewed July 1, 2013

On our honeymoon, my new husband and I enjoyed a stunning meal at Oh Lala. The meal was one of the best of our lives, and the staff was phenomenal and helpful in a non-pushy way. This restaurant was literally reason enough for us to travel back to PDC. A+ to these owners for really doing it right. I am so glad they have been able to find success, as they positively deserve every bit of it.

• Visited May 2013