“Disorganized”
Review of Sea Pro Divers - CLOSED

Sea Pro Divers
Reviewed April 16, 2013

I booked a 2 tank dive and 3 others in our party booked a discover scuba diving trip with Sea Pro when we got to the dive shop there was one other certified diver so the divemaster and us were going to go out and make a dive then come back and get the discover students and make the 2nd dive ok great! Well before we left we were told that the harbormaster was going to close the harbor in about an hour so the discover students would be diving in the cenote nearby and that is also where the certified divers would make their 2nd dive ok still good. We got on the boat and couldn't get past the breakwater in the harbor (to rough) cant control mother nature so we were told we would just have to dive the cenote with the students that was fine since the plan was for me to dive with my friends anyway we were then told that there would be no refund for 2nd dive because it was just to hard to make $ in the dive business down there. We got out to the cenote and they didn't bring enough tanks for the instructors for the student divers so we ended up getting recruited to watch the students during the 10-17 foot dive. yee haw! Next year I will just go over to Cozumel to dive

Reviewed January 29, 2013

While on vacation in Puerto Aventuras with my family I came across this dive shop in the marina. I wanted to take my 7 and 4 year old snorkeling but not knowing how well my 4 year old would handle things I didn't want to go on my resorts package since it was over 6 hours long and quite a bit more money. I also had a couple people in my group that wanted to come along but didn't want to snorkel. Sea Pro had a snorkeling package to Akumal Bay and 3 Cenotes that was less money and less time but this package worked really well for us and our younger children. They also only charge us $10/person for the people that just wanted to come along and not snorkel. The package included transportation from the shop to the snorkeling points. Our guide Sophie was a great guide and we really enjoyed this trip. My 4 year old didn't snorkel, but my 7 year old really enjoyed it as well as myself. I would recommend this dive shop for snorkeling, we had an excellent fun experience!

1  Thank JanamarieElkhorn
Reviewed January 20, 2013

The dive masters were very friendly. We did two reef dives and two Cenote dives. They did a great job explaining the dives, and pointing out sea life that we could have passes by. I would book with them again.

1  Thank DanielD0117
Reviewed November 27, 2012

I spent ten days at a resort right next to Sea Pro Divers shack on the beach. I signed up for the full PADI diving course with Sea Pro. It was very good experience thanks to the professional, knowledgeable and patient staff. Even through this is popular spot, I always got hands on personal attention from everyone there. Starting with Rachel who works mostly at the front desk, to Francesca who was my primary instructor I felt very well taken care of. One of my ears were giving me a little trouble, and they thought it was best that I go back out with just a one on one experience for my second dive. It was just me and Francesca. She is very knowledgeable, and took a lot of time to make sure I was ok. No rush, just hands on care and attention. I cannot say enough good words about the experience I had. I would highly recommend sea pro to anyone wanting to learn to dive.

1  Thank bklalaw
See more reviews
Reviewed November 20, 2012

While Staying at the Gran Bahia in Riviera Maya I plucked up the courage to do something I had wanted to for years - go on a dive. Sea Pro and their Discover Scuba Dive were recommended by the hotel and I am so pleased I went with the recommendation as the guys there were fab and Joey, my instructor, was the best! He was a great teacher, patient and calming and made sure I was comfortable every step of the way - what I had learned in the intro DVD, in the pool and, more importantly, on the dive itself. I had had a bad experience with an instructor in Hawaii that had put me off trying scuba again so I was quite nervous giving this a go, but the experience with Sea Pro was completely different and I absolutely LOVED it!! So much so that I plan to go back next year and do my certification dives with Sea Pro.

The location was great, the dive itself was amazing and I couldn't have asked for more from the guys at Sea Pro themselves. If you're thinking about going diving while on holiday in Riviera Maya then definitely go dive with Sea Pro, whether it's a Discover first time dive, your certification dives, or if you're an experienced diver. These guys know their stuff and the best places to go to see some amazing aquatic life!! Looking forward to next year!!

1  Thank smckendry