“An Annual Favorite”

Los Murales
Ranked #138 of 1,267 Restaurants in Playa del Carmen
Cuisines: Seafood
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Description: Discover Los Murales, a place where a love of fine art and food comes together, where you will find artistry everywhere you look, from the murals on the walls to the exquisitely presented food on your plate.The Los Murales menu is a true marriage of flavors. The finest fish and seafood are blended with fruit, vegetables and spices from all over the world to create dishes that are a delight for the senses: taste, smell and sight. Every bite is a sensation, an experience that you will want to repeat over and over again.The restaurant owes its name to its six murals superbly crafted in Byzantine mosaics. They are truly magnificent. Inspired by the paintings of Cuban artist Arturo Montoto, they are the creation of the Perdomo Family, Mexico’s leading mosaic artists.
New Jersey
“An Annual Favorite”
Reviewed August 22, 2014

Upon our return each year to the Royal Haciendas we look forward to another wonderful meal at Los Murales. Once again this restaurant lived up to expectations. The service is efficient, professional and friendly. Our appetizers of NE clam chowder and the Murales salad were enjoyed by all. The entrée selection is varied enough for any pallet. We enjoyed the shrimp special which was cooked tableside. There were eight nice sized shrimp. The seasonings and sauces were quite tasty! The other entrée was the tuna served sushi style. Quality and portion were on the mark. We truly enjoyed our dinner and the service and look forward to our return next year!

• Visited August 2014

Rosendale, New York
“Great food and great service”
Reviewed July 28, 2014

During our annual stay at Royal Haciendas, my wife and I always look forward to our meals at Los Murales. We were fortunate enough to go several times during our recent visit, and it was outstanding as usual. The service is impeccable and the food is fantastic. We especially like the Los Murales salad, the fresh seafood, and of course the desserts! This year, we treated ourselves to Steak Diane, superbly prepared table side by our favorite waiter, Eric. And a special thank you to Jorge Mena and chef Daniel Chimal for their tour of the kitchen.

• Visited July 2014
Toms River, NJ
“Great food, Wow for deserts. Service excellent”
Reviewed July 13, 2014

This is a good restaurant even if you are on the all inclusive plan. The surcharges were not a lot. Eves temptation, Ferraro and chocolate marquise were excellent desserts. Service is first class.

Visited July 2014
Taos, New Mexico
“Great restaurant led astray”
Reviewed July 10, 2014

Los Murales is a beautiful place, and has been by far the best restaurant of the Royal Resorts. While this year's meal was just fine, it nowhere met the standards of the menu, quality, and service from previous years. The concept seems to have been altered to accommodate the recently instigated All-Inclusive option at Royal Haciendas. If you haven't dined there previously, you will probably like it just fine. If you have, prepare to be disappointed. We are sad..

• Visited July 2014
1 Thank Hoppiness
Huntsville, Alabama
“Not as good as in the past.”
Reviewed June 13, 2014

My wife and I had our anniversary dinner there last night. We've eaten there several times in the past and were really looking forward to our dinner.

We arrived a little ahead of our reservation time and were promptly seated near the bar. Not what we would have recommended but OK, we'll sit there. Then they started some music playing and it turns out we are right next to a large speaker and the music if far too loud to speak over. This is somewhat surprising as there are speakers in the ceiling, why aren't they using those ? I asked to be re-seated to another location farther from the speaker and they accommodated us with no fuss. It then took about 10 minutes for the waiter to come take our dinner order. My wife ordered the swordfish and I ordered a steak. I specifically stated I wanted it medium to medium well (just pink in the center). My wife and I were both drinking water and she had a wine as well. My drank all my water and stopped our waiter as he was passing by and asked for more water. A few minutes later he came by and filled my water glass but did not fill my wife's glass even though hers was almost empty as well. He left with the pitcher and I had to call him back to fill her glass as well. The service in the past has been impeccable but not last night. We were both unhappy with the service. Service was slow and not attentive in the least bit. The silverware is quite scratched and all showed significant water spotting.

My wife liked her fish entree but my steak was undercooked and tough. My scalloped potato side dish was not hot, just slightly warm.

We won't be going back anytime soon.

• Visited June 2014