“stay away from cancun bay tours”
Review of Cancun Bay Tours

CHICHEN ITZA CLASSIC FROM PLAYA DEL CARMEN
Ranked #68 of 383 Tours in Playa del Carmen
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: We are a Mexican company that offers Tours and Ground transportation services in Cancun and Riviera Maya. We strive to offer quality services at amazing prices, plus we give the necessary support to make your shopping experience easier through our Web site.
Reviewed February 7, 2014

We just returned from a trip to Chichen itza what a disappointment. We were picked up at 7:20 brought to a mall sat for 35 minutes and left at 815 we arrived 10:45 at a Cenote not IL KIL like other companies nice but not worth going so far out of our way then we went to a mayan village supposedly. It was an overpriced souvenir shop where the driver and guide get kickbacks wasted over an hour there then another 30 minute drive to lunch which was free but terrible and no drinks except if your willing to pay 3x every where else. finally we leave for chichen itza the star of our tour we arrive at 3:05 and we are told to be back for 5 which is no where enough time and when we get in most areas close at 4:30 what a ripoff and sad as chichen itza is a beautiful area to see. We then left for validodad old city center another 45 minute drive when we arrive the guide says ok 10 min visit take a picture and get back on the bus then 2 .5 hours on the bus back.
chichen itza, IL KIL, and Vallidodad are worth seeing but more time is needed that Cancun Bay stole by taking us to places to far away and not worth visiting.
I wish I could give them a zero star

5  Thank Ken d

Reviewed February 6, 2014 via mobile

Let me start off by saying that the trip to chichen itza was very interesting n educating n a great experience. But their trip to cozumel killed it. Worse experience ever. It was windy that day so we could not go snorkeling. They brought us here on a public ferry n just left us on the island on our own. We tried looking for stuff to do there on our own but if we had to do that why did we pay them the tour fee? To ride the public ferry ? We just had lunch n came back to playa del Carmen in two hours n spend the rest of the day on 5th avenue which I would not mind doing any day. Oh btw we didn't even see our tour guide when we got off the ferry in cozumel. What a waste of time n money.
PS do not miss the tour to isla mujeres with " albatross". Best thing to do in cancun.

1  Thank Unser W
Reviewed December 27, 2013

Our expectation were very low after reading all the negative feedbacks about Cancun Bay Excursions. I guess the experience varies depending on tour guide/driver you have. Ours were totally fine. We visited a Maya village (shopping place), had a buffet lunch (not so good), Chichen Itza, Cenote, and then a church. Some sales pitches but not pushy. We had a good time in general.

Reviewed October 16, 2013

I am usually not the person who writes reviews, but my experience of going on a tour of Chichen Itza organized by Cancun Bay Excursions was so bad that I am compelled to warn my fellow travelers. There's no way to give 0 stars otherwise I would've done that.

I was lied to so many times and the level of incompetence of the tour operators is so severe that the space provided here is not enough. I'll stick to the main points:

Promises vs. Reality:
1. The guy in Playa Del Carmen who sold us the tickets told us the tour was only 7 hrs long. Complete lie. It turned out to be 13 GRUELING HOUS!!. You can only imagine what it does to your itinerary. I had planned an entire evening of other activities that was just wasted.
2. I was told the tour will include a van with 12 people. In reality, it was a bus with 21 people. They kept merging groups to do less work without any regard to customer experience.
3. I has clearly told them I did not understand Spanish. The tour guide we were given, although technically bi-lingual, heavily favored Spanish. She would talk at length in Spanish and then give a gist in broken English, and that too in heavy accent. This, despite the fact that 17 out of 21 people in our tour spoke English. We were all very disappointed.
4. The tour kept running late but they made no attempts to make up time. Plus, they drove 20 km below the speed limit and kept the a/c OFF to 'conserve energy'.
5. They take you to a bunch of places in addition to Chichen Itza, which I felt they did because the places provided kickbacks to them. Most of them were a complete waste of time.
6. This one could be counted as my mistake, but the operator charged me more than what was promised. Again, my bad because I should've looked at the final receipt instead of just trusting those crooks.
7. In general, the knowledge of the tour guide was quite lacking. She kept on harping on the same facts and lines instead of giving a full picture. I think if I had just printed the Wikipedia article on Chichen Itza and taken it, I would have been better off.

I don't know how some of the travelers have given this tour company 5 stars. I am highly doubtful that these people are real travelers and not just some paid review monkeys.

8  Thank Madhur K
Reviewed September 7, 2013

We took the Tulum express tour.we were picked up around 7:30 and driven to a closed mall and sat there for over an hour, then drove to tulum.our guide was rude and when we arrived she told us that we could explore the ruins on our own because we were not "respecting"her? We only got 1 hour at the ruins. Then she brought us to a private beach down the road? No one swam we just Sat there for an hour.
Choose a different tour company if you go to Tulum, it's my opinion.

4  Thank maillet911