“Wouldn't even do the cozumel tour with them for free.” 2 of 5 bubbles

Cancun Bay Tours
Ranked #132 of 360 Tours in Playa del Carmen
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: We are a Mexican company that offers Tours and Ground transportation services in Cancun and Riviera Maya. We strive to offer quality services at amazing prices, plus we give the necessary support to make your shopping experience easier through our Web site.
virginia, United States
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 7 helpful votes
“Wouldn't even do the cozumel tour with them for free.”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 6, 2014 via mobile

Let me start off by saying that the trip to chichen itza was very interesting n educating n a great experience. But their trip to cozumel killed it. Worse experience ever. It was windy that day so we could not go snorkeling. They brought us here on a public ferry n just left us on the island on our own. We tried looking for stuff to do there on our own but if we had to do that why did we pay them the tour fee? To ride the public ferry ? We just had lunch n came back to playa del Carmen in two hours n spend the rest of the day on 5th avenue which I would not mind doing any day. Oh btw we didn't even see our tour guide when we got off the ferry in cozumel. What a waste of time n money.
PS do not miss the tour to isla mujeres with " albatross". Best thing to do in cancun.

Visited January 2014
1 Thank Unser W

• Polish first
Dublin, California
12 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 18 helpful votes
“Better than we expected”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 27, 2013

Our expectation were very low after reading all the negative feedbacks about Cancun Bay Excursions. I guess the experience varies depending on tour guide/driver you have. Ours were totally fine. We visited a Maya village (shopping place), had a buffet lunch (not so good), Chichen Itza, Cenote, and then a church. Some sales pitches but not pushy. We had a good time in general.

Visited December 2013
Atlanta, Georgia
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 10 helpful votes
“Worst Tour Ever!! Avoid at all costs.”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 16, 2013

I am usually not the person who writes reviews, but my experience of going on a tour of Chichen Itza organized by Cancun Bay Excursions was so bad that I am compelled to warn my fellow travelers. There's no way to give 0 stars otherwise I would've done that.

I was lied to so many times and the level of incompetence of the tour operators is so severe that the space provided here is not enough. I'll stick to the main points:

Promises vs. Reality:
1. The guy in Playa Del Carmen who sold us the tickets told us the tour was only 7 hrs long. Complete lie. It turned out to be 13 GRUELING HOUS!!. You can only imagine what it does to your itinerary. I had planned an entire evening of other activities that was just wasted.
2. I was told the tour will include a van with 12 people. In reality, it was a bus with 21 people. They kept merging groups to do less work without any regard to customer experience.
3. I has clearly told them I did not understand Spanish. The tour guide we were given, although technically bi-lingual, heavily favored Spanish. She would talk at length in Spanish and then give a gist in broken English, and that too in heavy accent. This, despite the fact that 17 out of 21 people in our tour spoke English. We were all very disappointed.
4. The tour kept running late but they made no attempts to make up time. Plus, they drove 20 km below the speed limit and kept the a/c OFF to 'conserve energy'.
5. They take you to a bunch of places in addition to Chichen Itza, which I felt they did because the places provided kickbacks to them. Most of them were a complete waste of time.
6. This one could be counted as my mistake, but the operator charged me more than what was promised. Again, my bad because I should've looked at the final receipt instead of just trusting those crooks.
7. In general, the knowledge of the tour guide was quite lacking. She kept on harping on the same facts and lines instead of giving a full picture. I think if I had just printed the Wikipedia article on Chichen Itza and taken it, I would have been better off.

I don't know how some of the travelers have given this tour company 5 stars. I am highly doubtful that these people are real travelers and not just some paid review monkeys.

Visited October 2013
8 Thank Madhur K
19 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 35 helpful votes
“Not fun”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 7, 2013

We took the Tulum express tour.we were picked up around 7:30 and driven to a closed mall and sat there for over an hour, then drove to tulum.our guide was rude and when we arrived she told us that we could explore the ruins on our own because we were not "respecting"her? We only got 1 hour at the ruins. Then she brought us to a private beach down the road? No one swam we just Sat there for an hour.
Choose a different tour company if you go to Tulum, it's my opinion.

Visited August 2013
4 Thank maillet911
Houston, Texas
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Tratan mejor al que habla inglés q al habla hispana. Better treatment for english speakers.”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 26, 2013

Tomamos el Tour the Chichen Itza / We took the Chichen Itza Tour (english following spanish)

Lo bueno: El guía era muy informativo y conocedor de la cultura Maya, y muy simpático. Los sitios arqueológicos impresionantes.
Lo malo: Al principio dividen el grupo en dos, los que hablan español y los que hablan inglés, a pesar de que hablamos inglés, preferimos el tour en español por estar en México, nos imaginamos las explicaciones serían mejores. Que equivocación!. A los habla hispana nos dieron el autobus más viejo, lo que no está mal si los dos tuviesen la misma calidad, pero no, los asientos del nuevo eran mucho mejores y lo más importante el aire acondicionado mucho mejor (Nos montamos en el otro para comparar en la parada del almuerzo). Lo peor se presentó a la hora del almuerzo, al grupo de habla inglesa los colocaron en el sitio más fresco porque tenía muchos ventiladores de techo, es más donde nos toco a mi y mi esposo no había ni 1 ventilador!, pedí me cambiaran y me dieron un rotundo no, "que los grupos deben permanecer juntos en las áreas asignadas", a pesar de que más de la mitad del restaurante estaba vacío ya que solo éramos 2 grupos. Nunca nos imaginamos este tipo de trato en México!, un país donde se habla Español!.

The Good : The tour guide was very informative and friendly. And the archeological sites were amazing.
The Bad : At the beginning they divide the group in spanish speakers and english speakers. Even though we speak english we decided to go with spanish, we figured that been in Mexico the explanations would be better in spanish than english... not a good move. The Bus assigned to the spanish group was a lot older than the one for the english speaker, which is fine if it was the same level of comfort and if both A/C would work the same, which was not the case! (We went their bus to compare). Much worse, at the place where we had lunch, all the english speaker group was sit in the area full with ceiling fans, not our case, the place were I was asked to sit didn't even had one fan!. I asked them to be moved since it was extremely hot and they didn't let me!. They argued there were groups and different groups had different sitting areas, even though at that time only us and the other group was there and more than half the restaurant was empty.
I have to say this completely ruined it for us. I really cannot understand this kind of treatment towards spanish speakers in a spanish speaking country!. Very bad for this company!.

Visited July 2013