“Chichen Itza (with Manuel)” 2 of 5 bubbles
Review of Go Natural Explorers

Go Natural Explorers
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: In Go Natural we create a great impact on our clients with memories and experiences that will last a lifetime, always leaving a positive print over the land that we explore. We are committed, since our beginnings, to contribute with the communities that we visit and treat with high amount of respect the different places and cultures. We specialize in small groups, a reminder of our commitment with quality and personalize service. Go Natural Explorers has offered for over 10 years adventure expeditions to incredible places like Chichen Itza, Coba, Tulum, Punta Laguna, Akumal, Valladolid and different Cenotes; We count with different kind of adventures for any type of travelers. Family expeditions, coexistence and in touch with nature, culture and snorkel aquatic activities in magical places. ¡Dare to explore the Mayan World Go Natural style and live an experience that will transcend in your life and will make you heart beat like never before¡
Hartsville, South Carolina, United States
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 13 helpful votes
“Chichen Itza (with Manuel)”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 18, 2014

Thankfully we only had one tour. It just happened to be our first excursion and when our travel agent heard of it, we discovered that No, this was not how an excursion was supposed to be.

On February 23, 2014 - Chichen Itza was amazing and wonderful all by itself but the next time, we're booking elsewhere. Our first stop was to a tourist trap in which Manuel wanted us to wear his name tags for, apparently, the kick back. Needing to use the restroom after a couple hours on the bus, Manuel told us to wait until after his presentation to get us to buy the cartouche necklaces the little 'village' was selling. We remained at the tourist trap for maybe an hour.

Next stop, to the cenotes. Some of us did not want to swim and waited atop the stairs leading down to the water cave. Finally looking down at my watch wondering when we were leaving (as we always seemed to be guessing what was happening next), Manuel rounds the corner and says "What? You stay here all day?" I told him we'd been there the whole time waiting. He says, "I don't come back and you sit there forever?" [?!?] SO, we head back to the bus where the other half of the group is sitting inside. They are HOT and WAITING on us because Manuel did not collect his group and we, of course, felt responsible.

Finally, Chichen Itza. He went so fast and ahead of everyone - saying he wanted to stay away from the crowds - he lost people. Some people would stay behind to get the photos of places he would bypass. In one instance he again shamed a member of the group when she caught up and asked a question about something and he said, "While you take pictures, I answered that question."

The reason I did not rate this a 1 is because it finally ended and we DID get to see Chichen Itza, which we loved. As we're watching other tour guides offering information and with their groups, laughing and smiling, ours is struggling to keep up, bypassing points of interest, and not getting much more information than what I'd learned watching NatGeo and History channel. We all seemed quite disappointed as evinced from the reactions from others in the group when it came time to fill out our rating cards.

Maybe Go Natural is not a bad service and if it's not, then Manuel most poorly represented them.

2 Thank KathiMcManus

Lethbridge, Canada
“Chichen Itza with Gonzalo "Amazing"”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 13, 2014

We recently had the pleasure of taking the Chichen Itza tour with Mr. Gonzalo Aguilar on February 17 2014, and I have to say that it was an amazing experience. Mr. Aguilar has such a passion for his country, and the way he exposed us to this fantastic site was unforgettable.

On our flight back home to Canada, one lady talked about a tour they had taken, and explained the guide as a man who loved his country and a passion for showing it to them . I found out from her that it was Mr. Aguilar.

He wanted to make sure that we got true adventure and I am sure that like my wife and I, everyone on the tour left with a new respect for the Mayan people and the country we had visited. I have told everyone I know about our tour and also about our guide. Although I am confident that all your guides are as knowledgeable, I feel that we were spoiled and had the best. I noticed other tourists with other tour companies inching closer to hear what Mr. Aguilar was telling us, because of the way in which he delivered his message to us.

One other treat we had on this trip was, a gentleman whose name I cannot remember, was riding with us that day. He was also part of the Go Natural team but was traveling with us learning from Mr. Aguilar. He sat at the back of the van answering all our questions about the areas we were passing along the way. That was also very interesting and made the drive to and from the site go by so fast that I was sad to see it end.

All of our Go Natural team that day were so informative (including our driver whom I forgot to wirte his name). They made our tour such a wonderful experience that I would not choose any other company to go with.

Saskatoon, Canada
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Tulum”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 13, 2014

Tulum was excellent, Carlos, our guide from Go Natural was very informative, friendly and accommodating. The site is beautiful and well kept, not a far walk to get too and the bonus was the 2 hours free time to go down to the beach off the ruins and snorkel for awhile, costs were minimal and only 1 hour south from our resort, the bus driver was also very good, I would suggest this for anyone that goes to Mexico, thanks Carlos.

Richard, Ava, Greg, Christine, Darren, Laurie

Visited March 2014
1 Thank Richard N
Chemainus, Canada
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“Two tours via Go-Natural, wanting to book more in the future!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 6, 2014

We booked 3 trips with Go Natural via Best Day at our resort.
First we explored the Tulum Ruins; we spent an hour there with the guide Carlos who brought the civilization and culture to life for us. We were then given an hour of free time to explore on our own. Upon returning to the bus, Jesus and the driver Isreal outfitted us with snorkelling gear and we were off to Akumel where we swam with sea-turtles, stingrays and lots of brightly colored fish; we even saw a barracuda. a 1.5 hour lunch break followed, then we were returned to our resorts.
Our second trip was with the guide Carlos Moo to swim in a cenote, do a little shopping at a roadside store, then we toured Chichen Itza. I highly reccommend this site, it is amazing! Carlos was a fountain of information, jokes, stories, and a general all around great guy! After 3 hours touring these ruins we had lunch at the old hacienda at Chichen Itza and really enjoyed the local cuisine. On the way back to our resorts we were given 1 hour to explore the village center at a "typical" Mexican community. From Tulum this is an all day trip, but well worth it.
Our last trip was a complimentary shopping excursion. You get this one as a thank you for booking trips through Best Day. I am not sure it was with Go Natural, but I will say that if you are offered it ... GO! First stop is the jewelry factory/outlet called Lapis. You don't have to buy anything, but we did. The next stop is the shopping district found on 5th Avenue in Playa del Carmen. THAT was a real experience that both of us enjoyed greatly!
Go Natural transported us on all excursions in a Toyota or Nissan van, there was never more than 10 people (excluding guide and driver) which made for very intimate groupings and allowed personal service. Each of the guides took time to interact with each participant and made these outings very memorable for my wife and I. The next time we are in this area we will speciffically look them up for our adventures!

La Crosse, Wisconsin
6 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 15 helpful votes
“Tulum/Akumel Tour”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 5, 2014

booked thru best day tours at are resort picked us up at 7:30 am from hotel lobby then picked up other guest on the way towards tulum you first go to see the ruins in tulum they are so amazing such at beatiful place go on the tour for 1 hour then you have 1 hour to yourselves to spend there doing whatever you like then board back up on bus head to akumel to do snorkeling the snorkeling was great saw several sea turtles,stingrays and many different fish it was so much fun in the water for about 1 hour then board back up on bus head to restaurant for lunch in akumel spend about 1.5 there enjoying lunch and the views. then board back up and begin dropping people off at there resorts tour ends at about 3 pm tour was excellent i highly recommend getting LUIS QUIJANO great guide very good with history to region thanks for the great time

2 Thank erik n