I stayed at the Reef Jan 15-19. There were six of us, all women, travelling together. The Reef is so quiet and private. The grounds are beautiful and so well tended. One never knew what kind of little critters might scurry across the path. Rooms were clean and adequate. The room next door was sealed up with duct tape and stickers. The smell was horrible...we were told there were termites and the room had been sprayed. Needless to say, we're both still coughing... food was okay, if you're not picky. Never got to the Italian Restaurant it was always closed.
Resort personnel were so nice except last Tuesday morning I asked the bartender for a Coke. He YELLED at me that he was closed. The cooler was open and full of Cokes. REsort is a quick walk into Playa. Would definitely return to the Reef and hope to do so soon. Oh, mini-bar was never restocked after the first day. We had 1 Sprite and a Coke when we arrived. Was told it would be stocked but never was.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- This boutique style all-inclusive resort is located on a beautiful white sandy beach just steps away from the famous 5th Avenue in Playa del Carmen, Riviera Maya, Mexico. The hotel offers all food and domestic drinks, 1 buffet restaurant, 2 a la carte restaurants, Italian & Gourmet($), snack bar, ice cream parlor, various bars including a swim up bar, 2 pools, kids club, daily activities & nightly entertainment. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with BookIt.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Booking.com, Orbitz, Hotwire, Hotels.com, HotelsforEveryone, Cancelon, Evoline ltd, getaroom.com, HotelQuickly and TripOnline SA so you can book your The Reef Playacar reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Reef Playacar Hotel Playa Del Carmen
- Reef Club Playacar
- Reef Playacar Mexico
- Reef Playacar Playa Del Carmen
- The Reef Playacar Riviera Maya/Playa Del Carmen, Mexico