Positives: I have never been to an all-inclusive, so just the fact that it included all drinks, food (except 1 restaurant), snorkeling equipment, kayak and body board made it at least a very good place to go. Staff greeting us at the reception desk with a glass of beer at our arrival. Could get photos taken professionally with animals or family/self/significant other. Has nightly shows.
Negatives: Our door wouldn't lock for a while and we didn't realize at first and during that time our hotel room had items stolen from it. Our bathtub wouldn't plug, light bulbs were burned out and the alarm clock didn't work (replaced for us). The alcohol was cheap. I believe they refilled bottles with cheaper alcohol, as I have had enough Bacardi to recognize that it didn't seem to be Bacardi coming out of the Bacardi bottle. I am not a picky eater, but the buffet food wasn't good. Topless women (most of which were unattractive) laying on the beach. Rooms by the receptionist desk hear music til 10-11:30pm from their nightly shows.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- This boutique style all-inclusive resort is located on a beautiful white sandy beach just steps away from the famous 5th Avenue in Playa del Carmen, Riviera Maya, Mexico. The hotel offers all food and domestic drinks, 1 buffet restaurant, 2 a la carte restaurants, Italian & Gourmet($), snack bar, ice cream parlor, various bars including a swim up bar, 2 pools, kids club, daily activities & nightly entertainment. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, BookIt.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Orbitz and Despegar.com so you can book your The Reef Playacar reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Reef Playacar Hotel Playa Del Carmen
- Reef Club Playacar
- Reef Playacar Mexico
- Reef Playacar Playa Del Carmen
- The Reef Playacar Riviera Maya/Playa Del Carmen, Mexico