My boyfriend and I stayed at The Reef from 10/10 -10/14/2013. It was the most amazing time!! We got a Living Social Coupon for an excellent discount. Because of the cheap rate we were a little worried, but it was worth every penny and more! I couldnt have asked for a better trip! Not one person ever approached us about time shares. We were also just a 10 min ride to downtown. We met a very nice couple from Seattle the first night, and really enjoyed having another couple to pal around with:)
First Id like to mention the staff - Everyone was friendly, and attentive. A special thanks to Gilberto, Oliver, Willy, Paulina, and Alex for making us feel right at home. It seemed like everyone works non stop to keep the resort looking beautiful.
We upgraded to a superior room, which was unneccessary. We would have been fine in a standard room. But it did get us in the building right next to the pool (BLG 8), robes for the trip, a safe (which made us feel better)and free entry to the ala carte restaraunts,and we had a balcony view of the gardens from our room which was beautiful.
The Beach - The beach was hands down the most beautiful place we could imagine. We visited another resort during our stay for a wedding, and the water there was dark and very rocky. The sand at The Reef is white, and water is crystal clear! We got a covered cabana with no problem every day.
We also did an excursion one day that we planned through the hotel. It was also worth every cent! This excursion cost us extra, but we went kayaking, and boogie boarding for free at the Reef.
The Food - I will say that my only disappointment was the buffet food. It was pretty bland and lacked alot in variety. We ended up only eating fresh fruit and bacon at breakfast. And the buffets for each meal were the same everyday. At lunch and dinner, they didnt even have tortillas, which I thought was weird in Mexico??.. But, the Italian grill was excellent, and the ice cream parlor, and grill by the pool are really good too. We never got a chance to try Terraza Grill, but I heard it was super!
I would definitely recommend The Reef to anyone, and cant wait to come back again!!! We got lucky and had perfect weather. We will see if we can get that lucky when we return next year!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- This boutique style all-inclusive resort is located on a beautiful white sandy beach just steps away from the famous 5th Avenue in Playa del Carmen, Riviera Maya, Mexico. The hotel offers all food and domestic drinks, 1 buffet restaurant, 2 a la carte restaurants, Italian & Gourmet($), snack bar, ice cream parlor, various bars including a swim up bar, 2 pools, kids club, daily activities & nightly entertainment. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, BookIt.com, Agoda, Orbitz, Booking.com, Hotels.com, HotelsforEveryone, Travelocity, Cheap Tickets, TripOnline SA, HotelQuickly, getaroom.com, Cancelon, Hotwire and Evoline ltd so you can book your The Reef Playacar reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Reef Playacar Hotel Playa Del Carmen
- Reef Club Playacar
- Reef Playacar Mexico
- Reef Playacar Playa Del Carmen
- The Reef Playacar Riviera Maya/Playa Del Carmen, Mexico