The 3 best parts of this hotel were the jungle experience, the beach, and the service. The service from the staff was phenomenal. They were always saying hello and asking us if we were enjoying our stay. The beach was very nice and had no rocks going into the ocean. There was only one day that we had seaweed going into the water but I'm pretty sure it's because it rained the night before (and there were people there cleaning it up that morning).
JUNGLE: the resort was pretty big and the walk from the front of the resort to the beach was completely covered in a jungle canopy. Every walk to the beach was an adventure because you always saw some animals (flamingos, peacocks, iguanas, turtles,tucans, etc).
ROOMS: the rooms were the only disappointing thing about the resort. The beds were awfully hard but we asked for the foam topper and we didn't have a problem sleeping after that. The bathroom doesn't have a bathtub but they do have a big shower. The nice thing about the rooms is the overlook of the jungle. Blocks 11-13 are the closest to the pool and beach. Block 14 has the very best view of the jungle (where we were) and we had monkeys to look at everyday. Blocks 15-19 are closest to the front desk/dining area. I recommend asking for the top floor, as I think it's the best view.
FOOD: we stayed 6 nights and only got 2 special dining nights (we had Italian and Japanese and both were amazing!) However; they told us that if we came back between 4-8pm we could see if there were any openings and maybe we could get an extra special dinner in. The buffets aren't bad either. They're always changing what's on the menu but they also keep a few favorites everyday too (like pizza, hamburgers, etc). The other nice thing about the 2 buffets are that you always have the sound of water in the background. The Tucan buffet is surrounded by fountains and a coy pond. The Queztal buffet has a beautiful waterfall to see/hear while dining.
POOL: the pool is one very large pool with a jacuzzi in the middle. But like most resorts in the Riviera Maya, the pool and jacuzzi are not heated and they were pretty cold this time of year. They do have waiters that come around all the time to see if you want anything to drink (also at the beach as well).
Overall, this resort was very nice and beautiful. I think it was a great value for the money and would serve as an excellent family vacation spot.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Privileged situation directly on the beach of Playacar, around 3 km from the town of Playa del Carmen. Specially recommended for honeymooners. Varied, colourful entertainment programme. Large pool area. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Cancelon, TravelUp, Travelocity, Hotwire, Prestigia, getaroom.com and TripOnline SA so you can book your Iberostar Tucan Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Iberostar Playa Del Carmen
- Iberostar Tucan Mexico
- Iberostar Tucan Playa Del Carmen
- Playa Del Carmen Iberostar
- Iberostar Tucan Quetzal
- Iberostar Tucan Playacar
- Iberostar Tucan Hotel Riviera Maya/Playa Del Carmen, Mexico