I went to the Tucan with my best friend and her brother. This was our first time at an all-inclusive resort and I have to say, it was a great experience! The check-in was flawless, and the staff at the front desk were very helpful with questions we had. We went directly over and made dinner reservations for the Japanese restaurant, the Steakhouse and the Mexican restaurant, and all were fantastic! A lot of reviews say the food is "ok" at best, each of our meals were wonderful! I believe some people who gave bad reviews of the food options are simply expecting too much and can't be pleased no matter what is placed in front of them! We always found something to make us satisfied at each meal! The drinks were great...we mostly did the Mojito's for our stay and if some felt they were weak, then all you had to do was ask the bartneder to add another shot of alcohol and they always did so with a smile!
Our room was outstanding and the resident cat came to visit which made me happy because I missed my own kitties at home. Our room was cleaned daily and always had a happy "towel art" left on my bed! The staff was great when our safe wasn't working and it was fixed within minutes of calling the desk, and a follow up call was received minutes after the maintenance man left to make sure we were satisfied and if we needed anything else.
The beach, where my friend and I spent each day, was beautiful! Our waitress was on the spot for anything we wanted, and we made friends with many people from every corner of the globe. Everyone was well behaved considering the constant flow of alcohol. No one was loud, obnoxious or out of control and a good time was had by all. As far as the pool bar, I was glad it was away from the big pool due to the fact we adults could have a little adult time and not worry about children being around and being subjected to questionalble language.
Over all, I had a great time, great food and beverages, great service and didn't want for anything. It was a true vacation in which I could relax, laugh, and be pampered by a great bunch of people who truly work very, very hard to make your stay as enjoyable as possible. Don't let a few bad reviews deter you from staying at the Tucan. Remember, they can't please everyone, and no resort is perfect, but they do everything they can to make everyone happy. If your going to pick apart every little thing about a resort, maybe you should just stay home and be content with the fact that you can't be pleased! We're going back in November! Can't wait!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Privileged situation directly on the beach of Playacar, around 3 km from the town of Playa del Carmen. Specially recommended for honeymooners. Varied, colourful entertainment programme. Large pool area. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Prestigia, Booking.com, HotelPower, Priceline, Travelocity, Cancelon and TripOnline SA so you can book your Iberostar Tucan Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Iberostar Playa Del Carmen
- Iberostar Tucan Mexico
- Iberostar Tucan Playa Del Carmen
- Playa Del Carmen Iberostar
- Iberostar Tucan Quetzal
- Iberostar Tucan Playacar
- Iberostar Tucan Hotel Riviera Maya/Playa Del Carmen, Mexico