After a non existent Massachusetts Spring, my wife said let's go away. Having been to Jamaica for the last two trips, we decide to go back to the Tucan for a six day mini vacation. We were not disappointed.
Our check in was marred only by three couples in a wedding party that were trying to check in at once, and were all kissy kissy with their friends. As soon as we got by them, check in was a breeze. We were in the same building as our last visit, on the third floor. The room was immaculate, and very comfortable. This time, we were not in a connecting room arrangement, and could not hear a sound from our neighbors.
Overall, the service was outstanding. The entertainment was very good, those Star Friends work their tails off to keep the party going. The food was OK, you could always find something to eat, the food at Sandals in Jamaica is better, but the same trip is triple the price, and depending where you are, you can't leave the resort. Here, we took a cab up to Calle Cinco and walked around for an afternoon, felt perfectly safe.
My wife likes this hotel because of the wildlife. There are swans, flamingos, peacock families, monkeys, iguanas and these little rodents that look like a large guinea pig with long legs. The peacocks would join us for cocktails and eat popcorn by hand. If you like animals, fun place but a couple of visitors were scared to death of the peacocks, which had to be shooed off.
Most of the public areas of the resort are open air, including the lobby and main dining room. It was pleasant during our stay, but pretty warm on our last visit in August, so consider yourself warned.
Beautiful wide sandy beach.
In short, a comfortable, casual vacation destination. We will be back.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Privileged situation directly on the beach of Playacar, around 3 km from the town of Playa del Carmen. Specially recommended for honeymooners. Varied, colourful entertainment programme. Large pool area. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, VISIT US, INC. , Despegar.com, Travelocity, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Cheap Tickets, Hotwire, Cancelon, getaroom.com, TripOnline SA and HotelQuickly so you can book your Iberostar Tucan Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Iberostar Playa Del Carmen
- Iberostar Tucan Mexico
- Iberostar Tucan Playa Del Carmen
- Playa Del Carmen Iberostar
- Iberostar Tucan Quetzal
- Iberostar Tucan Playacar
- Iberostar Tucan Hotel Riviera Maya/Playa Del Carmen, Mexico