We were at The Tucan November 11th to the 18th, we had three days of on and off rain and it poured!
We had hoped for a king size bed but they were only able to give us a room with two doubles beds but they were able to get us into a room with a king bed within a few days in the same block and floor. We were in the 1200 block on the third floor.
Pretty sure all the rooms are pretty much the same except for the beach front rooms, some of the tv's have been updated to flat screens and I think most of the rooms have new mattresses now, we had a nice pillow top on the king bed.
The person that cleaned our room was great, her name is Carmela and if you go there I hope you get her, I had left my Kindle cable in the first room and she had found it.
as for the resort it's exactly what everyone says it is, for the money it would be hard to beat, grounds are spectacular, lots of tropical foliage, you can either take the jungle walkways or the outer perimeter walkways to get from one end of the resort to the other.
The buffets have plenty of options for all meals, if you go hungry then you must taste buds for McDonald's or something because all the foods was fresh and very good, I know I need to lose a few pounds after the trip :-)
Yes there are animals all over the place, some caged some not, the Howler monkeys just seem to roam wherever they want, they woke me up a few times in the middle of the night but they generally don't keep on making a ton of noise but you will know them when you hear them.
The beach is large and I think the resort was at full capacity when we were there as the beach was quite crowded but you can get an umbrella at the towel shack which we preferred as the sun moves you move your umbrella.
Beach is wide and very soft sand, the bottom in the water is pretty free of rocks and other debris so it's really nice, we had some eight foot waves while we were there when the storms were working through.
So the bottom line is I think you will have a hard time finding a better property for the money as others have said "the people make the difference" and everyone that worked there were always pleasant to us.
Have a SUPER TRIP!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Privileged situation directly on the beach of Playacar, around 3 km from the town of Playa del Carmen. Specially recommended for honeymooners. Varied, colourful entertainment programme. Large pool area. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, VISIT US, INC. , Expedia, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Prestigia, TravelUp, Travelocity, Cheap Tickets, Cancelon, TripOnline SA, Hotwire and getaroom.com so you can book your Iberostar Tucan Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Iberostar Playa Del Carmen
- Iberostar Tucan Mexico
- Iberostar Tucan Playa Del Carmen
- Playa Del Carmen Iberostar
- Iberostar Tucan Quetzal
- Iberostar Tucan Playacar
- Iberostar Tucan Hotel Riviera Maya/Playa Del Carmen, Mexico