We have just come back from a two week stay at the hotel Iberostar Tucan Mexico. We are a family of 4 my two daughters being 21 and 18 years of age. When we arrived their room had a double bed in it which they weren't very happy about, so we asked at reception about moving them to another room with twin beds and there was absolutely no fuss made at all by the reception staff, and the girls were allocated another room.
All Hotel staff work really hard and were always polite and friendly. We tried to leave a tip for cleaners most days and also with other staff as they are not that well paid we were told by Thomas Cook rep. The Hotel resort is really beautiful, the sea is clear and blue and my daughter fed the fish with bred in the sea. The pool was lovely and never crowded and I have never been in a pool that was the temperature of a hot bath!
We went on several trips, which were quite expensive for a family of four, but was well worth it.
We also took a walk into the small shopping town about three miles away, we decided to walk along the beach as it was cooler. Walking through the town you are constantly asked into shops but as long as you say NO Thanks they leave you alone. We didn't finish shopping as it became to hot, so we caught a Taxi back to Hotel.
Unfortunately the four us contracted the travellers diorreah with two of us having stomach cramps which wasn't very pleasant. We postponed one of our trips because of the illness, although we tried to carry on as normal. I would like to say it didn't spoil our holiday but it did a bit, it made us very wary of what we where eating, in fact it made us not want to eat at all at times.
We were also told by many people who had been to Mexico and holiday reps before we left Britain that there were no mosquitoes, well I can tell you there most definitely are! I have a bad reaction to bites so this was important to us, but we were told there was no problem. I couldn't sit out on balcony for fear of being bitten and also by the pool and in the restaurant's, I couldn't get away from them. My Husband didn't suffer quite as much as myself and my youngest daughter, but still came away with bites. I think it depends how you react to them.
Apart from the latter two problems we had a lovely time and if you like the beach and pool sort of holiday than this is highly recommended.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Privileged situation directly on the beach of Playacar, around 3 km from the town of Playa del Carmen. Specially recommended for honeymooners. Varied, colourful entertainment programme. Large pool area. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, VISIT US, INC. , Cheap Tickets, Hotels.com and Despegar.com so you can book your Iberostar Tucan Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Iberostar Playa Del Carmen
- Iberostar Tucan Mexico
- Iberostar Tucan Playa Del Carmen
- Playa Del Carmen Iberostar
- Iberostar Tucan Quetzal
- Iberostar Tucan Playacar
- Iberostar Tucan Hotel Riviera Maya/Playa Del Carmen, Mexico