This place is gorgeous. The staff are all hard working and wonderful. The Star Friends are adorable. The animals are amazing and we loved the jungle trail. The rooms are clean and although the beds are a bit hard I was very comfortable. The a/c is one of the best. This place has so much going for it but the management is ruining this hotel cutting corners.
The food. Its just not good. We are the least picky eaters on the planet but I was so dissappointed. You can get by eating a big breakfast and the hamburgers grilled by the pool are okay. I had one good meal in nine days at the Japanese ala carte (except when I ate in town). This is my second, and last A.I. and the last one had awesome food.
The drinks. The mixers from Margaritas to Mojitos are made with a sugary "Tang" tasting stuff. No real juice. The only beer is draft and Dosxx and Superior (except in your room that they stock every other day) and you will not find bottled water anywhere but your room.
The Beach is filthy. The sand was full of cigg butts, plastic straws and other bits of garbage for the entire nine days I was there, very sad because the beach itself is so beautiful. I did like that you could grab an umbrella for the beach from the towel shack so you didn't have to get up at 5am and toss a towel on a chair and leave...
Last, if you are a family this appeared to be a great resort until the eastern European woman at the beach were frolicing about topless. I saw many a parent dragging their upset child off the beach while covering their eyes. I don't know why the hotel staff or security didn't say a word to these woman so, if you have issues with this and you have kids, go elsewhere.
This was my last A.I. I will rent a condo next year. I want to drink what I like and eat good food on my vacation. Shame on Iberostar because this place is really beautiful and unique.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Privileged situation directly on the beach of Playacar, around 3 km from the town of Playa del Carmen. Specially recommended for honeymooners. Varied, colourful entertainment programme. Large pool area. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Prestigia, getaroom.com, Hotwire, Priceline, Travelocity, Cancelon and TripOnline SA so you can book your Iberostar Tucan Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Iberostar Playa Del Carmen
- Iberostar Tucan Mexico
- Iberostar Tucan Playa Del Carmen
- Playa Del Carmen Iberostar
- Iberostar Tucan Quetzal
- Iberostar Tucan Playacar
- Iberostar Tucan Hotel Riviera Maya/Playa Del Carmen, Mexico