First, let me say that I really enjoyed this resort. The only reason I wouldn't give it 5 stars is the "old" room. And when I say old, I really just mean the furniture and style - it was otherwise spotless and clean! The customer service here was amazing. The monkeys were SO fun! I would highly recommend getting a jungle view room, top floor. We had monkeys on our balcony many times. So fun!
The pool was amazing! Huge and warm. The one feature I didn't prefer was the pool bar was in a separate spot than the main pool. If I had a family, I would probably prefer this, but for a group of parents without their kids, it was not ideal.
I would definitely consider myself a hotel snob and have traveled to many highly rated all-inclusive resorts. We chose this resort for it's price point and it's rating, so I knew what to expect. If you're coming to this resort for a lavish room, you will be disappointed. If you're coming to relax and enjoy the jungle, good service, and beach, then this is the place for you. I would go back again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Privileged situation directly on the beach of Playacar, around 3 km from the town of Playa del Carmen. Specially recommended for honeymooners. Varied, colourful entertainment programme. Large pool area. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Orbitz, Booking.com, VISIT US, INC. , Hotwire, Odigeo, Travelocity, Cheap Tickets, Hotels.com and Despegar.com so you can book your Iberostar Tucan Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Iberostar Playa Del Carmen
- Iberostar Tucan Mexico
- Iberostar Tucan Playa Del Carmen
- Playa Del Carmen Iberostar
- Iberostar Tucan Quetzal
- Iberostar Tucan Playacar
- Iberostar Tucan Hotel Riviera Maya/Playa Del Carmen, Mexico