“great honeymoon” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Iberostar Tucan Hotel

Lowest prices for {0} - {1}
Enter dates for lowest prices
We check up to 200+ sites for the lowest hotel prices
Iberostar Tucan Hotel
Ranked #39 of 212 Hotels in Playa del Carmen
GreenLeadersGold level
Prestwich, United Kingdom
“great honeymoon”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 21, 2013

we picked this hotel from other travellers reviews on tripadvisor and we were not disappointed first impressions.....hotel was spotlessly clean and very nice with many great features as we traveled with our young son (14 months old ) we found the great number of animals in the resort great ,there were many flamingos ducks monkey and lizards and so many more animals,the hotel is set out in to two sides the quetzal and the tucan hotel but in reality this is one hotel the accommodation is split in to small blocks with no lifts the biggest advantage this hotel has for me was great customer service and waitress service every wear in the lobby around the pool on the beech every wear,our room was just average, the beech was great we tended to spend most of our time at the end of beech near wear the weddings were on the tucan side nice wide expanse of sand and plenty of shade provided from the straw umbrellas, quiet a few waves but our son enjoyed that sea it was nice and warm no rocks or shingles,food was plentiful at the buffet restaurant a good standard if a little bland as to cater for all nationalities, the weather was very hot mid 80s to 90 degreaes very hot at night we enjoyed nights at the tucan lobby bar great waitress service and some live music every other night we stayed in player del carman area once before 5 years ago at the riu player car this is a definite step up in quality overall a great hotel rooms could have been better but overall a great family holiday great beech pool and heated baby pool also in a gated comunity could walk to local tourist shops near the riu player car and a five minute taxi ride $7 to player car main town centre with all the large shops you would need, for me this hotel gives great customer service and the waitress service every wear was a great bonus

Room Tip: no lifts in accommodation blocks, ask for mattress toppers they really help we requested pool view...
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank jason v
IberostarMexico, Quality Manager at Iberostar Tucan Hotel, responded to this review, February 25, 2013
Dear guests,

Thank you very much for choosing us for a special occasion such as your honeymoon, and thank you for sharing your experience on Tripadvisor.

We are really happy to see that our staff contributed in making your holiday a great one, thanks for appreciating their efforts; we will congratulate them for achieving our main goal with you, which is the complete satisfaction of our clients.

We are glad you liked our food, indeed we do cater for many different nationalities with different palates, however your feedback is important to us and we will be passing it on to our Head Chef for his consideration. We will be forwarding to Management your comment on the rooms as well.

Thank you for mentioning our lovely pool, features ad cleanness in general.

We hope you visit us again soon

Kind regards

Iberostar Mexico

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,006)
  • Czech first
  • Hungarian first
  • Polish first
Kansas City, Missouri
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 20, 2013

This is the fifth time we have stayed at this property. We started with one other couple it keeps growing this trip there were ten of us. The food and drink are always good the place is always clean and the service from the staff is great. The beach is important to us and they have a wonderful one. And the location allows everyone to get to town take a ferry to Cozumel or just shop when they want. The group is already talking about returning next year and they want to go back to the Iberostar Questal/ Tucan. So we will be back.

• Stayed January 2013
2 Thank cgc54
Dear guests,

We are thrilled about you review, thank you so much for your loyalty and for bringing with each visit more members of you family and friends!

We are very grateful that you shared your review online and mentioned that you really liked our food and drinks, the cleanliness we always strive to maintain and of course the service offered by our wonderful staff, who work very hard to exceed your expectations.

We are looking forward to your next visit next year, please do not hesitate to contact us in advance is there is anything special you need.

Kind regards,

Saratoga Springs, New York, USA
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 20, 2013

Everyone super freindly, great food, fantastic beach and pool, and weather couldn't be better.

Only negitive comment was flight out at the Cancun airport. I would hope Trip Advisor would pass this along to the airport people. Arrivied 2 1/2 hours early.
Took two hours to check flight. Tried to get quick bite to eat.4 burgers, fries, and drinks over $80.00 US dollars. Sent to four gates all of which were wrong. Many people upset.
NO ONE and I mean NO ONE was friendly and courteous about it. Delta representive was the worst. Rude and unprofessional. Absoutely refused to help anybody. I could go on and on about the flight out. Please don't let the comments on the flight out be confused with our stay. The stay athe Iberstar Tucan Resort was fantastic. Only sad part was leaving.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Iberostar

3 Thank togasignman
Dear guest,

Thank you so much for your lovely comments about your stay at Iberostar Tucan & Quetzal.

We are happy you enjoyed our food, the beach and the pool. We will be forwarding your comments about our staff, since they work so hard to meet and exceed your expectations, they deserve recognition :-) They feel motivated by your words without a doubt.

We hope you visit us again soon!

Best regards,

Valparaiso, Indiana
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 19, 2013

We just returned from a week at Iberostar Tucan. I cannot say enough good things about this resort. The location, the beach and the grounds are amazing. The room is "Old style Mexico" with vibrant colors and tile, but it was very charming and clean.

New mattresses and they were very comfortable, but if you want a little more "Cush" you can request a topper from housekeeping. We never had a shortage of towels or washcloths. Different towel animal every day with fresh flowers. If you want extra of anything in your refrigerator, just ask and you will receive it. Room was always cleaned early, but we did place the card in the door every day to let staff know that we had vacated the room and it was accessable. Not the slightest thing was ever missing. Plenty of shower pressure and hot water. Toilet worked properly, air conditioner worked properly. There is a thermostat and you do not have to leave a key card by the door like in most resorts to keep the air running. We left the fan run constantly to circulate the air and never had a problem with a musty smell in the room.

We were in Room 1362 of building 13 on the second floor. This is not a poolside room, but it does have a great balcony view of the Monkeys playing in the trees. This is a corner room and the balcony has afternoon sun. We never had a problem with noise from any of the rooms above or beside us. The ice machine was close by.

I did notice a lot of attention to details such as lights that were burnt out being replaced the very next day. There was some minor construction going on in the lobby but no loud noise from it.

The swim up bar had recent renovation, but all I noticed was that the tiles had all been replaced and possibly the bar stools mounted permanently to the bottom. The water temperature in the pools and the ocean were perfect the whole time we were there. It was 85 to 90 degrees every day and no rain. The pool was perfect for cooling off. There are plenty of loungers by the pool and by the ocean and I noticed a lot of them were brand new. I did not see any broken loungers while I was there.

The layout of the resort using the natural landscape is outstanding! The wildlife was such a treat. Turtles, fish, flamingoes, swans, egrets, agouti, ginny hens, roosters and chickens, peacocks, monkeys, parrots, toucans and many other birds. It was just like being in the jungle in the middle of town. I loved it!

I thought the food was better than average at the buffets. We ate at the seafood, steak and italian restaurants. All the dishes were good and I would rate them above average. Two kinds of ice cream. Soft serve in the buffets by the pool and hard ice cream at the little stand on the beach. The mango ice cream was to die for. Don't be afraid to try something new. My husband found a coffee cake at breakfast that appeared to be peach or mango and it was so moist and fresh that he hated to leave it behind. Unlimited fresh fruit on the buffets and we never had any problems with upset stomachs. I take "wet-ones" whenever we travel and we always sanitize our hands with them instead of the alcohol based hand sanitizers and we have never had any trouble. We took insulted cups along so that we could have extra ice in our drinks.

Service from all of the staff was excelente! Your trip is what you make it, but Iberostar Tucan is definately my new favorite. I would definately go back. The resort is not too big to be impersonal but it has so much going on all the time. You can do as much or as little as you like. You can walk the beach for miles, but my favorite stretch is the undeveloped part past Sandos resort. You feel like you are in your own little piece of heaven.

No time share sales at this resort, as it should be! Loved that!

The only thing I found anoying was to be asked by the spa staff every hour, for seven days if I wanted a massage. I wish I would have had a stamp across my forhead that said "No". They would wake you if you were napping or interrupt your reading. If the massage prices were less expensive, you might sell more massages. When I asked about a massage, I wanted only my legs and feet done and I was told I had to purchase one of the "packages" for things I did not want. I really don't want people touching me in places that I don't want to be touched by strangers. Less expensive massages would mean you would sell more and then the spa personnel would be busier and would make more money. How about a $20.00 neck & shoulders only for 15 minutes, or a $20.00 legs and feet only for 15 minutes that could be done poolside in my lounger? Then I don't have to leave my family and my lounger to go somewhere else for your "Royal Treatment" Nothing started for less than $50.00. If I was going to spend that much, I would book an appointment. I really got annoyed by this. If the staff had more work, then they wouldn't bug you every hour. If people go to a resort for Spa Treatments, then they would book it in advance. If they go to relax and enjoy they sun and weather then they don't want to be bugged by spa people for a massage every hour.

A trip into Playa del Carmen costs $7.00 US or 70 pesos. It is also a nice walk if you are able. The prices in town are better than the shopping plaza across the street. Jewelry purchases in town can be better bargained if your are paying in US $ and in cash. Never pay thier asking price. Start at about half of what they are asking and work your way up to about 70% if need be. I have walked many times on a piece of jewelry only to be called back and they settled for my last offer after they said "No Seniorita, I have to make some money." I have never been totally denied on a sale. I have also been told "No Seniorita, my boss says $??.00 is as low as I can go and then have him sell it to me for my price after I walk out of the store. I have never lost out on a piece of jewelry.

vendors come to the rsort two nights a week. Their prices are outrageous. My husband wanted a Homer Simpson t-shirt that he saw where Homer was shooting himself in the head with a nail gun----they wanted $30.00 US and would not bargain. Two days later the same t-shirt was $8.00 in Playa del Carmen. They feel they have you captive, so they can ask whatever they want. Believe me if you see something you like, you can find 20 more elsewhere. Even if they tell you it is a one of a kind-hand painted by thier Grandmother!

11 Thank 1937olds
Dear guest,

On behalf of the hotel Management, we would like to thank you for posting your review about your experience at Iberostar Tucan & Quetzal and for choosing our hotel for your vacations.

We are very pleased to read that our varied gastronomy, our beautiful premises and the excellent service provided by our friendly staff ensured you a memorable holiday.

On the other hand, we have shared your comments regarding the spa massages with the persons involved. Thank you very much for your suggestions; we apologize if you were uncomfortable by the staff, we will be looking into it.

We would be happy to welcome you back again, please do not hesitate to contact us before your next visit.

With regards,

Munstergeleen, The Netherlands
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 19, 2013

Dear trippers,

Where do we start? it was just amazing!! great lokation, great service, very nice food a great beach, great beds and a huge swimmingpool! Iberostar Tucan deserves a medal for a great balance of price and all the things mentioned above. My wife and I enjoyed Tucan for 7 nights!

A few details we would like to mention. The resort is a 45-60 minutes drive away from the Cancun airport. Near this resort you will find a small shopping and souvenir area.You can walk there in about 10-15 minutes. There is also a Star Bucks and a free wifi if you order something you will get a code to log into the www. We also took a short taxi ride (7 USD) to the 5th Avenue of Playa del Carmen. Go and see it if you want to taste the Mexican sphere. From there you can also take the ferry to the isle of Cozumel. Since we have been there in 2001 we skipped that part, but we absolutely advise you to go there, because its beautiful.
So far for now! enjoy Iberostar Tucan like we did!
The Heinles.

• 5 of 5 bubbles
IberostarMexico, Quality Manager at Iberostar Tucan Hotel, responded to this review, March 4, 2013
Dear guest!

Thank you so much for your lovely review.

We are really happy to read that you were happy with our hotel’s service, location, gastronomy, rooms and all our facilities.

We work hard to achieve the complete satisfaction of our clients so comments like yours are really motivating and we are sure will prove helpful for the rest of the travelers who are planning their holidays right now 

Thanks for your tips to other travelers too!

We hope that next time you visit Mexico, you choose us once again, as it would be a pleasure to host you at Iberostar Tucan.

Best regards,

winnipeg
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 18, 2013

Excellent staff.. Bar staff are some of the best I have ever encountered on my numerous trips.. especially Santos at the Pool bar. Front Desk check in and check out were superb. All of the Maids were fantastic.. rooms were clean..beaches fantastic and just good times..I would go back in a heart beat

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Iberostar

2 Thank walbych63
Dear customer,

Thank you so much for your lovely review!! We are grateful you shared it with the rest of the online community, since it may help others choose us in the future :-)

Our staff is the most important asset we have to reach our main goal, which is the complete satisfaction of our clients, so we will definitely share your comments with them, especially with Santos; your words are very encouraging and motivational and remind us why we love what we do.

We do hope that as you said, you come back. It would be a real pleasure to serve you again.

Warm regards,

massachusetts
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 17, 2013

We just returned from another fantastic vacation at the Iberostar Tucan. I can't say enough about the Staff there. Very helpful and courteous. I sent an email with a request before we left. Knowing that the resort was very busy this time of year. However the reservation staff was spot on, with the request I sent.
The waitstaff and House keeping were fantastic. Don't forget the entertainment staff (Star Friends) They are there for you from 9am until 11pm. great job.
The food was very good with something for everyone at the buffets. The three restaurants we went to were very good as well. The Mexica, Grill, And Steak house.
The beach is beautiful with plenty of lounge chairs. It does pay to get to the beach early for a prime spot. Same with the beautiful pool.
Many people think that just because it is an All Inclusive, you don't need to tip. I have been in the service business for 25 years and can appriciate hard work. A small tip of a dollar here and the can make your vacation even better. Although you will still get great service anyway. Visit and ENJOY !

Room Tip: Beds are hard. Request a topper for your bed.
5 Thank seabilltwo
Dear guest,

We are so grateful for your delightful review and of course for your loyalty towards our hotel.

We feel honored to read that you were really happy with our kind and hardworking staff. We will be passing you comments on to all of them, since they do deserve recognition for their hard work.

We are happy too that you liked our food so much and that we were able to accommodate your request.

We would love to host you again in the near future, it would be a pleasure to attend any request you may have.

Kind regards,

Iberostar Paraiso Lindo
#5 of 11 in Playa Paraiso
4.5 of 5 bubbles 5,755 reviews
Grand Palladium White Sand Resort & Spa

Been to Iberostar Tucan Hotel? Share your experiences!