I thought this place was wonderful. Five stars on everything. Food was awesome. Although I would skip the Italian a la carte restaurant, nothing spectacular. Steakhouse served up the most amazing steaks I have ever tasted. Buffets had lots of variety and wasn't the same daily. I have a million dietary restrictions, but had no problems because of the huge variety and because not everything was drowned in sauces. Although, if you don't eat bread/eggs or sugar you're out of luck for breakfast. But there was always lots of fruit.
The hotel was spectacular; built around a jungle/garden with lots of wildlife. Monkeys, flamingos, peacocks, tucans, and many many more.
Beautiful beach. Period. It was awesome.
Security was top notch, no need to worry about the problems of mexico, if you know what I mean.
Internet: forget it. Even if you pay the outrageous amount they are charging for wireless, it only works in the lobby, and sometimes not. Besides, you should leave all that behind and enjoy the beach.
They have a package you can purchase when you get there for unlimited long distance for north america for $25.
I took only usd and never had to convert any money at any time.
Take lots of one dollar bills for tips.
The entertainment was actually entertaining. You wanted to go see it. Lots of audience participation.
Great place for kids/families.
Not the drunkfest that you see at some all inclusives. More family oriented and older crowd.
I rated 4/5 for value because, hey, who doesn't want to pay less! But it was worth every penny.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Privileged situation directly on the beach of Playacar, around 3 km from the town of Playa del Carmen. Specially recommended for honeymooners. Varied, colourful entertainment programme. Large pool area. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, VISIT US, INC. , Expedia, Orbitz, Travelocity, Cancelon and Cheap Tickets so you can book your Iberostar Tucan Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Iberostar Playa Del Carmen
- Iberostar Tucan Mexico
- Iberostar Tucan Playa Del Carmen
- Playa Del Carmen Iberostar
- Iberostar Tucan Quetzal
- Iberostar Tucan Playacar
- Iberostar Tucan Hotel Riviera Maya/Playa Del Carmen, Mexico