We spent a week at the tucan November 6th 2012. I have nothing negative to say about this hotel . Everything was great , Check out the Japanese restaurant it's a treat . This hotel cares about the animals, the environment and does what it takes to take care of it . We were privileged to see mama monkey every day with her babies . The jungle part is very nice , you can sit on a bench or even have a massage and just relax and listen. The hotel is in a U shape the open side the beach and the two sides are rooms . Building 10 tucan and 20 quetzal are the only ones that have ocean front rooms and then you walk back 10 buildings on each side . Number 12 tucan side is where we were or 22 are beside the pool and a few seconds from the beach . 15 and 25 are closer to the show area so can be a little loud. We then moved to 2023 because I wanted an ocean front . Same decor in the rooms , very spacious and clean .
The weather was on our side sunny everyday not a drop of rain . They have recycling bins a little everywhere , now if the people can educate themselves and use them ..it would make a difference . :)
The stretch of beach is playacar and it's wonderful . Playacar beach is from the first hotel located beside senior frog or the beginning of the 5th avenue in playa del Carmen , the playacar palace and the last one is the sandos . The tucan is the beside the sandos and 2 and half kilometers from the 5th avenue . So if you walk at a normal pace of 10 minutes per K you are about 25 minutes’ walk from the 5th avenue . The city of playacar is beautifull and safe .
We have stayed at the riu palace Riviera maya and the playacar palace in the past .
Would go back to the iberostar anytime .
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Privileged situation directly on the beach of Playacar, around 3 km from the town of Playa del Carmen. Specially recommended for honeymooners. Varied, colourful entertainment programme. Large pool area. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with VISIT US, INC. , Expedia, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Booking.com, Cancelon, Cheap Tickets, Travelocity, TravelUp, TripOnline SA, Hotwire, getaroom.com, Agoda and HotelQuickly so you can book your Iberostar Tucan Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Iberostar Playa Del Carmen
- Iberostar Tucan Mexico
- Iberostar Tucan Playa Del Carmen
- Playa Del Carmen Iberostar
- Iberostar Tucan Quetzal
- Iberostar Tucan Playacar
- Iberostar Tucan Hotel Riviera Maya/Playa Del Carmen, Mexico