we have just spent 10 days here with thomas cook.
upon arrival we were taken to our room quickly by the bell boy....all my requests which i emailed to the hotel had been granted.....which i was very happy about.
we were in block 17.....excellent location but you can hear the shows in the evening.
the hotel was clean and well kept, we only spent 1 day on the beach and choose the pool. although you are asked not to reserve your sunbeds this rule is completly ignored and we found unless you were down by 9am then you would get a very shaded bed. the waitress service around the pool was excellent we tipped a few pesos a day.....although the drink quality was very hit and miss....some drinks strong and some no rum at all.....
we ate in all the restaurants.....japanese.....hhhmmmmm its just grilled chicken and beef....really nothing special.....
the hotel would benefit from putting on the ceiling fans in the lobby bar.....
overall we had a good holiday
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Privileged situation directly on the beach of Playacar, around 3 km from the town of Playa del Carmen. Specially recommended for honeymooners. Varied, colourful entertainment programme. Large pool area. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, VISIT US, INC. , Booking.com, TravelUp, Orbitz, Travelocity, Cancelon, Cheap Tickets, TripOnline SA, Hotwire and getaroom.com so you can book your Iberostar Tucan Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Iberostar Playa Del Carmen
- Iberostar Tucan Mexico
- Iberostar Tucan Playa Del Carmen
- Playa Del Carmen Iberostar
- Iberostar Tucan Quetzal
- Iberostar Tucan Playacar
- Iberostar Tucan Hotel Riviera Maya/Playa Del Carmen, Mexico