7,184 results
All reviewsstar friendshowler monkeysjungle areaspecialty restaurantsswim up bardressel diversjapanese restaurantate at the japanesetowel hutpool beachgated communityother resortsemailed the hotelplenty of chairsmagic showcab rideapple vacations
Reviewed June 20, 2012

Superb hotel, polite staff and would definitely come again.
Stayed for two weeks in may and the only thing that was poor was the weather! Lots of rain as the rain season come earlier but obvious this couldn't be helped.
Rooms are cleaned daily and mini bar stocked every other day. They are comfortable, clean and a good size.
Plenty of choice in the buffet restaurants and always something to suit everyone. Al a carte restaurant were also lovely - the Japanese being my favourite and the Show the chefs put on was amazing.
If you are after international drinks then the lobby bar served these and are not shy on the measures.
Beech was perfect and clean, plenty of chairs at the beach and also around the pool. Some people did reserve loungers but did find this wasn't necessary as there was plenty.
We booked trips down the road which were cheaper, as well as in the centre and found that the quality was better from inside the resort.
I would also definitely recommend a night out at coco bongo - it was the best night I had there and worth every penny. We went on a sat night as gold members which was $130, this was drinks all night, transport there, dedicated barman and also a sectioned off seated VIP area. It's better to book from the hut on the beach as you get the transport, and is the same price as everywhere else but nowhere else offers the coach there.

The spa at the hotel is beautiful, there is hot and cold jacuzzi's as well as a sauna and showers which are all free to use. I had an hour massage and is was very good although I found it quite expensive.

The entertainment at night in the hotel is also worth a watch and the star friends did put on a good show.

If you fancy eating out and are heading to fifth avenue I'd recommend a place called 'Bruno's'
It is an Italian on the corner and after eating out 2 other nights and the food being pretty poor we was over the moon when somemone recommended this place. The food was fresh and tasty and good value for money.

I would definitely consider going back and cannot fault a thing!!

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled as a couple
7  Thank Honest_reviewer_0711
Reviewed June 20, 2012

This hotel is AMAZING!!!!

We travelled as a family September 2011 and this is the best Iberostar hotel I have ever stayed in.

Beach is fantastic the sea is like the Maldives clear warm and just beautiful.

Food/Service and location again Amazing.

Big shout out to Anna our bar waitress she was excellent and very friendly. The Star Friends are amazing.

Jungle is very good seen monkey's and everything its just good good good!!!!!!!

I have just returned back from Iberostar Rose Hall Beach Hotel in Jamaica 2 weeks ago, and this was an awful hotel I am absolutely gutted I never returned back to this amazing hotel that is THE IBEROSTAR TUCAN!!!!

Feel free to massage me if you have any questions :D

Room Tip: closest to the beach,
  • Stayed: September 2011, traveled with family
4  Thank Wales96

Dear Guest,

Allow us also to thank you for the privilege of serving you on your recent vacation at our resort. We appreciate that you took the time to remember us on your return home and decided to share your review with other travelers.

It is our pleasure to have provided fine accommodations and offered our usual exceptional service. We look forward to welcoming you again. Should you need any further assistance with your reservations, please do not hesitate to contact our Reservations team.

Kindest regards,

Quality manager

Reviewed June 19, 2012

Desk and customer service were very bad, had hard time booking the specialty restaurants, when finally got the spot the food was terrible.
Japan Food - Terrible
Mexican - 2.5
Italian - 3
Tropical - 2
Steakhouse , I ordered the Filet, just ok,
The beds are as hard as a rock, bathrooms are small
Pool area was nice, but very little service
A/C in room does not keep up with daily heat load,

Room Tip: Don't Stay here
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled as a couple
5  Thank gwconner

Dear guest,

We would like to thank you for choosing our Hotel Iberostar Tucan & Quetzal during your recent vacation in Mexico.

After carefully reading your review, we would like to express our gratitude for taking the time to address this information.
Our guests’ comments provide us with useful insights to assist our staff to identify areas of concern.

We would like to apologize for the inconveniences you encountered with our different services and facilities. We are for sure looking into this situation as our staff must be committed to high standard and personal service in order to ensure continued customer satisfaction.

We hope you will return in the near future to experience the improvements in our facilities and services that will be accomplished thanks to our guests’ feedbacks.

Best regards,

Reviewed June 18, 2012

We stayed at this hotel last November. Food is superb, great location on the beach and all staff were great. Nothing too much trouble for the staff , waitresses more than happy to help, epecaily in the piano bar near reception. Great entertainment every night. Couldnt fault the place and hope to go back. We have reccomended the hotel to frinds and family.

• Stayed: November 2011, traveled with family
1  Thank HambledonHotel

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your delightful review. We are proud of our team of hardworking and friendly staff, who continue to help us reach our goal of being one the best resort in the Caribbean; we appreciate your feedback and recommendations of our services.

We remind you that we are here to serve you and look forward to welcoming you again.

Kind regards,

Reviewed June 16, 2012

We arrived for a quick 3 day trip over Memorial Day. The grounds are exceptional! I plan on going back for a much longer trip next year. The Star Friends worked to get people involved without being intrusive or annoying. Our 15 yr. old played beach vollyball and my husband played pool basketball. My sister and I participated in the pool aerobics. The beach is beautiful and we never had a problem getting a beach chair or pool lounge. The room was comfortable but we did hear the music from the disco and would not have wanted to be in that room if we had small children needing their sleep.

We had a male peacock sitting directly under our balcony as if he was patroling the area. We heard the monkeys but did not actually see them until our last day. Every where you looked, you saw beautiful and interesting things. The maintenance staff works very hard to keep the place looking clean and neat.

The beds are firm but we all slept well and the stocked refrigerator was a nice added bonus. After a long day of traveling, a cold beer on the balcony was a great way to start the trip. There was a variety of sodas, beer and water in the refrigerators and a bottle of tequila. We also had a coffee pot with a variety of tea bags and coffee. The bathroom had a large shower and best of all, everything was spotlessly clean.

The food at the buffets was plentiful but I can see how it would become monotonous if you were there for a week or so. We were able to book the signature restaurants every night and thought they were wonderful. We had the Japanese steakhouse, Italian, and Mexican and all were different and delicious. We especially liked the Japanese. For some reason, they were allowing people to book a whole week of dining at one time for certain families. We were able to book one night but showed up at 4pm the day of and were able to get reservations for the other two nights. I don't think I would have enjoyed my stay as well if I would have had to eat buffet three meals a day for the other days. One suggestion I might offer is for the Resort to offer a specialty type of food on certain nights. Italian on Monday, Chinese on Tuesdays etc... at the buffets.

The nightly shows that we saw were quite funny. We saw a Newlywed game type show that included 4 couples from the Resort and we were laughing so hard by the end of the night. The resort is small enough that you get to know people from the different activities and it has an intimate feeling of vacationing with a big group of friends. We have been to Cancun several times and this was by far my favorite place.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled with family
7  Thank marthavilla2111

Dear Guest,

On behalf of Iberostar Tucan & Quetzal, we would like to thank you for visiting our resort during your recent vacation here.

Thank you very much for taking the time and trouble to bring these points to our attention. Your insightful comments are highly appreciated.

Your experience and the information you are providing may help others to choose Iberostar Tucan & Quetzal for their next vacation in Mexico.

Thank you once again for your comments. It would be a pleasure to welcome you and your family back to our resort in the near future.

Kind regards,