“Excellent”

Kaxapa Factory
Ranked #17 of 1,425 Restaurants in Playa del Carmen
Cuisines: Venezuelan
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Description: The flavors of the Venezuelan family in Playa del Carmen, come and enjoy the Venezuelan food dishes, with vegetarian and gluten free options.
Reviewed July 5, 2013

A must stop on your Playa vacation. Family run, great personable service, and outstanding food. Dishes made to order, great choices for meat and veggie lovers alike. The fresh juices were outstanding. Go Yankees!

Write a ReviewReviews (2,412)

Reviewed July 2, 2013

Couldn't agree more with other great reviews! Excellent little place. I had the Kaxapa with beef and cheese, my wife had the Venezualan national dish (can't remember the name) and we split an empanada with chicken and cheese. The waitress made us a small sample of the fried plantain sandwich with a chicken salad filling, also sampled some of the juices. Just a wonderful all-around experience.

Reviewed July 2, 2013

Great surprise.
After reading all TA reviews we decided to try this place.
The food was so delicious that right after we left the restaurant we wanted to eat there again.
The owner, Jose, is definitely the nicest guy in Playa.

1  Thank Oded C
Reviewed July 1, 2013

On a recent boys' trip to Playa, we were lucky enough to be travelling with a Venezualan friend. He had heard about Kaxapa Factory and so arranged for us to try it. What a food experience!
I'll be honest... I have no idea what the dishes were that we tried, but everything was incredible. The owners were great fun and had a good laugh and joke with us.

Although I generally travel to Mexico to eat Mexican, I'll definitely be returning back to Kaxapa Factory next time I'm in Playa!

Reviewed June 28, 2013

I had lunch here while in Playa del Carmen and immediately felt welcomed by Jose, the owner/manager/server. Jose was a treat to speak to-my husband and I enjoyed his company and fun stories throughout the meal. He thanked us for helping him practice his English. The food was great and inexpensive. I had the Kaxapa with black beans, cheese, and avocado and it was delicious.The Kaxapa wasn't served with anything, but it was large enough to provide a great lunch. I also had some yummy juice-Jose provides a sample of each, so you can decide if you want some! The menu has great descriptions of what each food item is. The seating was outside, but Jose had a fan blowing on us the all time, so we weren't uncomfortable.