“A must try” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Kaxapa Factory

Kaxapa Factory
Ranked #3 of 1,217 Restaurants in Playa del Carmen
Good for: Special occasions, Families with children, Kids, Dining on a budget
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Lunch, Accepts American Express, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Delivery, Free Wifi, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Seating, Takeout, Waitstaff
Description: The flavors of the Venezuelan family in Playa del Carmen, come and enjoy the Venezuelan food dishes, with vegetarian and gluten free options.
oklahoma
“A must try”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 10, 2013

Adorable Venezuelan restaurant. Just like eating on the patio of your grandparents house. Charming owner. Jose the happy waiter is precious and very attentive customer. The food is all home made and cooked to order and it is delicious! Good portions and fairly priced. I will eat here again!

• Visited March 2013

• Czech first
  • Hebrew first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
San Francisco
“Wonderful family owned business with great food”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 10, 2013

It's refreshing to find a family run business in the bustle of Playa. As a recent reviewer said, this place has excellent vegetarian and vegan options. The owner couldn't be more gracious and accommodating and the food is superb and reasonably priced.

NOTE: the owner is a huge Red Sox fan so if you're coming from New England, I suspect a cap or other souvenir would be most welcome.

• Visited April 2013
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Brasilia
“Best service ever... Food is delicious!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 9, 2013

Got there after so many nice reviews here. The owner received us with a large smile and as soon as we asked for the juice menu, he prompty came with a tasting of all his juices. I asked about the ice tea and he also handed me some jamaican flower tea to taste before ordering.
The food was tastefull and the portions were generous for the price. Venezuelan food there was much better than many places I tried in Venezuela.
You should give it a try! :-)

• Visited April 2013
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Whitby, Ontario, Canada
“Simply perfecto”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 8, 2013

I loved this place. I am mostly vegetarian and always searching for great places to eat. We attempted to eat at this quaint spot on our first day in Playa however the tables were all full so we attempted again the next day and we were so glad we did!

The Kaxapa Chevere was wonderful. Filled with black beans, fried plantain, oaxaca cheese, and avocado, I was delighted and pleasantly full. I ordered an empanada on top of this and when it came I was too full to eat it so had to take out. The juices were a great compliment and the owner spent time explaining the dishes with such detail.

If I ever return to Playa, I will definitely make this an eating destination...

• Visited March 2013
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Tulsa, Oklahoma
“Wonderful and Affordable!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 8, 2013

This place is a wonderful little gem in Playa del Carmen! I don't know what's better, the delicious food or the adorable owner! The food is Venezuelan, wonderful little sandwiches made of arepa bread, corn cakes or plantains. The food is so fresh and they also have exotic juices to choose from. I'm a vegetarian, my husband is a real meat-eater and we were both very satisfied! Highly recommended!

Visited April 2013