“Excellent food and service”
Review of Kaxapa Factory

Kaxapa Factory
Ranked #7 of 1,391 Restaurants in Playa del Carmen
Cuisines: Venezuelan
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Lunch, Delivery, Reservations
Description: The flavors of the Venezuelan family in Playa del Carmen, come and enjoy the Venezuelan food dishes, with vegetarian and gluten free options.
Reviewed March 13, 2013

I visited this restaurant because of the positive reviews from tripadvisor. I was not disappointed. Jose is the humblest waiter I have ever had. We visited at lunch time and it was busy. We were hungry but did not even complain. He apologized so profusely.
The menu is Venezuelan and we needed help. Jose was great. We got the juice samples and wanted them all. We each ordered a different one and decided that we could have more than one favorite.
The food was delicious. It was fresh and even my teenagers who can be picky enjoyed it. I ordered the arepa with chicken and cheese. It was really good. The meal for four with juice and one salad was under fifty dollars.
Seating is outside on the storefront. No ambiance to speak of but we were comfortable.
We will definitely be back.

Write a ReviewReviews (2,361)

Reviewed March 11, 2013

I discovered this place during my visit to Playa in 2012. It was love at first bite! On my most recent visit in Feb 2013 I ate at Kaxapa 5 times. I could seriously eat here every day and never get tired of it. I love the empanadas the best but I have never had anything here that didn't satisfy me. Their Passionfruit juice is unbelievable! My partner preferred the Venezuelan iced tea which was also very good. I have a gluten allergy and they can make many of their menu items with corn flour. There are also many vegetarian options. The family who own this place are absolutely lovely. It may not be a fancy place but it is my favourite place to eat in all of Playa!

Reviewed March 11, 2013

I love the food! I have no idea how authentic it is, but it's delicious. I have never actually eaten there in person, only ordered, but the food is great. I (and my husband) both order the Arepa Pabellon every time. So good!

Reviewed March 11, 2013

Food is delicious. Owners are super nice and friendly. We were only in town for a week and went back 3 times.

Reviewed March 7, 2013

Amazing service! Such a nice family run place. Excellent food at a great price. A must eat in Playa!

1  Thank Jessica D