“What a blast!!”
Review of Riviera Adventours

Riviera Adventours
More attraction details
Owner description: Rejuvenate your body, clear your mind and lift your spirit when you reconnect with your senses while you join us as we explore the waters and jungle of the Riviera Maya. In which ever expedition you choose, you will have the opportunity to de-stress, reconnect with your senses and get into your element - it will be an experience of a lifetime that you will never forget! With over (31) years experience exploring the Yucatan Peninsula, our expeditions will give you the opportunity to get to know the wonderful Riviera Maya on a personal basis. We are a local small family business. We offer you private and or small group Expeditions. Our tours are a more rewarding and personal experience, including Small and/or Personal tours which include Swimming with the Turtles; swimming in a beautiful Natural Aquarium amongst a large variety of Tropical fish; a trip into the mysterious Mineral filled depths of one of the World's Largest Underground River and Cave Systems, Snorkeling in the Mesoamerican Coral Reef; visiting the ancient mystical and awe inspiring Tulum, Coba, Chichen Itza and Ek Balam Mayan ruins; or snorkel amongst the Whale Sharks for a surreal, once in a lifetime experience; immerse yourself within the peaceful and tranquil serenity of the Sian Ka'an Biosphere or visit the Flamingos at Rio Lagartos. All of our Expeditions include a minimum of four locations each (Most others are two locations for the same price), Fruit, Coffee and a Pastry in the morning, Snacks, Cold Beer, Water, Juice, Soft Drinks throughout the day, Lunch and Round-trip Air-conditioned Transportation and top notch dive quality snorkel equipment. Most of our tours include a (4) course meal at the World Famous “Oscar & Lalo Restaurant, Bar & Grill”. We can also provide you with a private or custom expedition for any of our tours and activities. We look forward to sharing this beautiful paradise with you and having an other Amazing day! Relax and let us be your guide!
Reviewed August 10, 2014

Eli was our guide and he was FANTASTIC! We had him all to ourselves, he toured the ruins with us even though he didn't have to. He took photos of ya and with us, dropped all kinds of knowledge and taught us some Spanish! We swam in the cenotes, Eli took out photos and have us pointers. We then went on a hunt for a Mexican cowboy shirt, he helped us speak to locals and adventure off the beaten path, just so we could have the perfect souvenir. Apps at the restaurant were just ok, small portions, but the owner was very kind and had fun petting the monkey :) Meeting Eli and taking this your was truly the best part of out trip!

Reviewed August 8, 2014

My husband and I just returned from mexico for our anniversary trip. We chose riviera adventours on this trip because of the great reviews we read online. We did the extreme adventure tour they offer. Everything from the moment we booked was well planned amd streamlined without a hitch. We spoke with both oscar and virginia a few times before the trip to clarify the details of the day amd we were always promptly responded too. The night before our trip we got an email and a phone call directly to our hotel room to notify us of our pick up time. We left early the next morning and the driver and tour guide frank were right on time and waiting for us as we came downstairs from our hotel room. It was a very private tour which allowed you to really enjoy and take in all the beautiful surroundings intimatly. We only had myself anf my husband and a very nice other couple with us. We started out at Akmul beach, where sea turtles are known to live, early in the morning around 7:30. While this may seam early it is totally worth it! You beat the crowds that follow are the day progresses. When we entered the water and began to swim out and snorkel we saw a huge sea turtle right away. Because there were only four of us in the tourand in the water at that time we got to enjoy seeing this turtle in privacy and it was truly amazing. I would guess we saw a total of 8-10 sea turtles that day. Frank sent us spme amazing pictures of us swimming with the turtles! We also saw two sting rays which was pretty cool. After this we went the the lagoon to snorkel. This water is truly breath taking. The fish are so pretty and you swim with schools of some the brightest fish Ive ever seen while snorkeling. We went than to the underground cenotes and snorkled in the bat caves. Kinda spooky but its a once in a lifetime experience. The last water area we went in was the open cenotes where we jumped off a cliff into the open crystal clear cenote. Frank asked us which body of water we liked best and to this day I cant choose! They each have something beautiful about them, enchanting and other worldly. We finished our day with a zip like across a lagoon and canoeing followed by some shopping in the mayan village. Wewent to lunch at oscar and lalo and met our new friend lala the spider Monkey who loves to play tag! We had an amazing day and met new friends. The tour guides are so friendly and knowledgeable. I would reccomend this trip to anyone!

1  Thank Corrie2424
Reviewed August 7, 2014

They took us to a gorgeous cenote, everybody was really nice and helpful
Food at Oscar &Lola was very good too in a beautiful restaurant and owner was amazingly friendly
Great experience !!

Reviewed August 7, 2014

Let me start off by saying that this company is hands down one of the best there is out there. I have traveled to many places and gone on tours with many guides, but this hands down beats any one I have previously gone on.

We went down to Cancun for the weekend to celebrate my friend getting married (AKA Bachelor Party). We expected to do a little bit of outdoor activities combined with the usual partying. Riviera Adventours completely blew our minds with their hospitality, knowledge, and attitude. There were nine guys so in case anyone is wondering, yes they can accommodate large groups!

We started the day off ziplining, then went snorkeling in the cenote. The group I went with all grew up in the a big city, so we weren't exactly used to doing so much outdoor activities. The tour guides helped to alleviate our fears and EVERYONE dove hands on into the activities. There was never any pressure and they literally held our hand if we were ever afraid. By the end of the day we realized we had found an amazing company and group, so we signed up to do the whale shark tour.

The whale shark tour was unbelievable. We were a bit hesitant at first but by the time we were all done no one had any regrets. They took care of us and helped to treat/prevent seasickness. It was a very rewarding experience, although I was terrified at first. I am deathly afraid of water, but because of their expertise and care they helped me personally to acclimate. By the time the tour was done I even wanted to swim in the ocean longer!

Overall the company is great and pays attention to the smallest detail - i.e. meal timing, combination of activities, information about the local area. They go above and beyond - they even helped us to buy aloe plants for our sunburns! If you are going to Cancun for fun or with friends i HIGHLY recommend this tour group and you will face/conquer all your fears in no time! Thank you so much!

- Your friends from San Francisco!

Reviewed August 6, 2014

This company is a hidden jewel of mexico tourism. I found them on tripadvisor for a deep sea fishing trip for my family. My family consists of myself, my husband and three children ages 16, 12 and 8. We are from south Arkansas and we love to fish. This is our second trip to mexico for our family vacation and our second time to try a fishing trip. We are staying at Occidental Xcaret. Anyways, at our last vacation we booked a fishing trip though our hotel and it was terrible. We had a very small boat that was frankly too small for us! In 4 hours we only caught one fish. It was hot and all we did was troll.. We had no idea how to get a filet to cook or anything so we just gave it to the captain.
Ok so this trip.. I read the good reviews and we decided to try again. We started out with getting picked up from Eli. Ask for him he is great! He starts by giving us food, drinks and dramamine. Great idea! I saw the review about people vomiting, but he took care of that. When we got to the dock we saw this doublé decker large white boat charted just for us! We went trolling and caught a barracuta right away. They taught us how to fish and all of us caught fish. We caught 13 in all! After trolling we used a reel that was like a rod and reel from home. We knew what to do then and we did it well.. They had snacks and drinks for us all day. We kept moving and kept catching.
When we were done the captain made us filets(more than we could eat), and we took them back to oscarandlalo restaurant. . When we got there they had drinks and appetizers already waiting on us. Then they got started on the fish. We were given bottled drinks and desserts too. After that they let us play with the owners pet monkey.
We decided to add on dos ojos cenote for $30 each. This is a bargain. Check the other websites. Cenote tours are expensive. We didn¨´t go to dos ojos but went to san chan cenote. I think that was the name. There are pictures of it one here. Its beautiful and fun. My kids said this was there best day in mexico. They said this was better than jet skis and ATV¨s. Wow. thanks Riviera adventours!! They really know how to take care of people and treat you with respect. We had two guides for 4 people and werent in a huge crowd and pushed around in masses. It was great.

1  Thank michelleweaver