“Above and Beyond”
Review of Riviera Adventours

Riviera Adventours
More attraction details
Owner description: Rejuvenate your body, clear your mind and lift your spirit when you reconnect with your senses while you join us as we explore the waters and jungle of the Riviera Maya. In which ever expedition you choose, you will have the opportunity to de-stress, reconnect with your senses and get into your element - it will be an experience of a lifetime that you will never forget! With over (31) years experience exploring the Yucatan Peninsula, our expeditions will give you the opportunity to get to know the wonderful Riviera Maya on a personal basis. We are a local small family business. We offer you private and or small group Expeditions. Our tours are a more rewarding and personal experience, including Small and/or Personal tours which include Swimming with the Turtles; swimming in a beautiful Natural Aquarium amongst a large variety of Tropical fish; a trip into the mysterious Mineral filled depths of one of the World's Largest Underground River and Cave Systems, Snorkeling in the Mesoamerican Coral Reef; visiting the ancient mystical and awe inspiring Tulum, Coba, Chichen Itza and Ek Balam Mayan ruins; or snorkel amongst the Whale Sharks for a surreal, once in a lifetime experience; immerse yourself within the peaceful and tranquil serenity of the Sian Ka'an Biosphere or visit the Flamingos at Rio Lagartos. All of our Expeditions include a minimum of four locations each (Most others are two locations for the same price), Fruit, Coffee and a Pastry in the morning, Snacks, Cold Beer, Water, Juice, Soft Drinks throughout the day, Lunch and Round-trip Air-conditioned Transportation and top notch dive quality snorkel equipment. Most of our tours include a (4) course meal at the World Famous “Oscar & Lalo Restaurant, Bar & Grill”. We can also provide you with a private or custom expedition for any of our tours and activities. We look forward to sharing this beautiful paradise with you and having an other Amazing day! Relax and let us be your guide!
Reviewed November 20, 2012

There is a very good reason you will see so many positive reviews listed here.
Her name is Virginia.
She is a native, completely bi-lingual and spent a lot of her youth on the Riviera Maya where her Dad, Lalo (of Oscar Y Lalo Restaurant) began providing custom tours of the area a generation ago.
Virginia is hands-on, knowledgable like no one I could imagine and has hand picked a perfect staff to guide and pamper you.
Choose one (or more) of her itineraries or call and ask her to set up a perfect day for you.
They will have all the gear you need, the local knowledge, pay all the entry fees and be 100% cheerful.
Stay away from the huge tour buses and impersonal tours.
Adventours purposely keeps the groups very small and avoids the crowds.
Everything about your tour will be no stress for you and tons of fun.

Reviewed November 12, 2012

If you want to explore real Mexico, not the commercialized parks, we went snorkeling with sea turtles, Cenote snorkeling at Dos Ojos, and a place like Xel-Ha that apparantly only the locals know, (with a private tour guide Fransisco)... IT WAS AWESOME, he took 134 pictures, and it was way cheaper than the "commercialized" tours at the parks. I cant wait to get back there and see my new mexican family in Tulum.... Thank you from Bryan and Sammie... We love Oscar, Virginia, Lalita, Fransisco, and the staff at Oscar and Lalos...

Reviewed November 7, 2012

I don't even know where to start! My boyfriend and I just got back from Riviera Maya yesterday, and stayed at a fantastic hotel. But I'm writing this review based on the experience I had with Riviera Adventours! We decided to prebook our excursion and chose Tulum, Cenote diving, canoeing, snorkelling, and swimming with the sea turtles! We got picked up at our Hotel around 7am by Yiar and his driver! Yiar was by far the best and most informative tour guide we have ever had. On top of that, he was passionate, and wanted us to have the best time possible. We ended up being the only couple on the excursion, which made it intimate and paced! Yiar took pictures of us all day (I forgot my camera!!) and even sent me every single one (Which ended up being 100), including underwater with the sea turtles! We 'excursioned' all day, and couldn't of had a better experience. Virginia helped me book the excursion, and responded to me within hours, and also made our experience easy and comfortable! We took away so much from this day, and you HAVE to book with them! I am still missing a bunch of memories in this posting, but take it for me, you will not be dissapointed! Have fun!

Reviewed November 4, 2012

We found about this tour company from tripadvisor and we are so glad we did. We did the snorkeling expedition. Everything was perfect. Virginia was very responsive from the very beginning..emailing us back to answer all of our questions. They called us the night before our tour to confirm the pickup time and location. Francisco was waiting for us when we got to the gate and he was very pleasant and friendly and helpful all day. He made us feel very relaxed and taken care of. We had him take pictures of us snorkeling and they are going to be a great way to remember a great day! The lunch was fantastic and just what we needed after several hours of snorkeling. I have absolutely nothing bad to say!!!

Reviewed November 2, 2012

My boyfriend and I had the privilege of taking the Extreme Tulum expedition with Rivera Adventours on October 24th.

Francisco, our tour guide, called our hotel room 30 mins before our pick up time (a good reminder!) and met us in the lobby of our hotel at 7:30 am, with the biggest smile on his face. There were already 3 others who had already been picked up in the van (comfortable and air conditioned) and we enjoyed talking with them. On our way to the restaurant for coffee and pastries (it is right on the way to Tulum from Playa) Francisco gave us a rundown of the schedule for the day, and we talked about where we were from and enjoyed each other's company for the 30 minute ride.

After stopping by the restaurant for coffee, we took a short ride to Tulum, the Mayan ruins closest to Playa. The ruins are beautiful! Sitting atop a cliff looking over the crystal clear ocean, the ruins are very interesting and well preserved. You cannot walk or climb on them, and they are not huge temples or anything like that, but they are definitely worth the trip. We spent about an hour at the ruins and that was the perfect amount of time, not too little, not too much.

We then took another short drive to a gorgeous private reserve where we went zip lining over a crystal clear cenote. My boyfriend is scared of heights and even he loved it! We also went canoeing through the cenote which was alot of fun! you can see right to the bottom of a very deep ceote so it was great having a chance to explore it a little. After the canoeing, we walked over to a smaller cenote, which I did not believe possible, but was even clearer than the one we canoed and zip lined over! We dived off a cliff (maybe 20 ft high) into the refreshing water of the most picturesque cenote surrounded by jungle. I can not over emphasize the beauty of these cenotes, they are absolutely stunning! After we had our fill of swimming, cliff diving, and snorleing in the cenote, we walked through a real Mayan Village. It is amazing to see how the Mayans live, it makes you truly grateful for the luxuries we take for granted every day.

After that we went to Dos Ojos, an underground river full where we went snorkeling. It is also crystal clear, it is essentially a cave, but only one part we went in was blocked off my sunlight. The stalactites and stalagmites are beautiful, Francisco told us it takes over 100 years just for one inch to form!

We then went to lunch and enjoyed fresh grilled fish, fajitas, guacamole, pico de gallo, rice, beans, ceviche, and more! everything was delicious and fresh. One of our favorite parts of the day was after lunch we met Virginia's spider monkey Lalita. She came out and played with us for about half an hour and she was adorable. She was so sweet and had a great personality. I was in my swimsuit still and she was fascinated with my belly button and sat on my lap for over 10 minutes. She swung from ropes and played on the playset they have set up for her and was just so cute.

After lunch and playing with Lalita we went to a lagoon for our final activity. It was a stunning display of aquatic wildlife, as the fresh water of the cenote meets the salt water of the ocean and the fish all take haven in the coral of the lagoon. We saw a huge parrot fish, beautiful angel fish, needle fish, and hundreds and hundreds of smaller beautiful topical fish.

I would almost go back to Playa Del Carmen again just to take another day trip with Rivera Adventours! Meeting Francisco was the highlight of our trip, he is so kind and is truly happy to be alive, you can tell he takes great pride in his work and loves his job! He is one of a kind and we hope we can see him again, he is a beautiful human being. Though we only met Virginia briefly, we loved her as well and cannot say enough good things about everyone who took care of us.

Our group was so small it was a very personal experience, it felt like we had our own private tour! If you are in Playa Del Carmen this is an absolute MUST DO!

Here are a few tips we learned the hard way though-
***Don't drink too much before your tour! We went on our tour the second day of our trip and we over did it on the first day. We were very hung over for the first part of the day.

***Make sure to bring a towel, your wallet, a camera (underwater if you can! you will see a ton of beautiful things), and comfy shoes

***Schedule early on in your trip because if we knew how great our day was we would have scheduled a second day with them

1  Thank Amanda N