“Wonderful grouper”

Cuisines: Caribbean, Mexican, Seafood
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed June 23, 2013

Always wanting try fresh fish while traveling to the Caribbean and adjoining area, I thought I'd give Kool Fish a try.

The fish was cooked to perfection (my apologies I can't remember the name of the dish) and had a little spice to it - just the way I like it.

The waitstaff was friendly and willing to answer any questions that we had.

Right on Fifth Avenue, easy to find. They do not rush you, so it was nice to do some "people watching" while eating.

Reviewed May 30, 2013 via mobile

My wife and I had our best meal in Playa here last night and we are going back again tonight. Jesus, our waiter was very friendly and the food - mixed seafood in half pineapple and fish and seafood wrapped in local plant leaf were memorable. The price was very reasonable even for the margaritas.

Reviewed May 27, 2013 via mobile

Nestled amongst larger venues, Kool Fish delivers with fresh local seafood prepared with flare. The service was great and the selection varied enough to fit many tastes. A good value among some overpriced choices nearby.

Reviewed May 15, 2013

My husband and I stopped in for the 2 for 1 tacos last night and they were delicious! For 60 pesos, we ate 6 tacos. The ceviche taco and garlic crab taco were my favorites. Kool Fish is towards the end of 5th but it was absolutely worth the walk. The service was great too. We will be back to Kool Fish before we leave!

Reviewed May 4, 2013

This is a great place to have fresh fish. Portions were very generous. A couple one table over from us ordered ceviche for an appetizer and it came out in a large casserole dish. Then they had to try to manage the steaks they ordered! The restaurant is quite plain without much atmosphere but the service was exceptional and the food top notch, well worth the walk further up 5th Avenue for.