“Fish was awesome” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Kool Fish Restaurant - CLOSED

Kool Fish Restaurant
Cuisines: Seafood, Mexican, Caribbean
Good for: Dining on a budget, Large groups
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Late Night, Breakfast, Delivery, Free Wifi, Highchairs Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
New York City, New York
“Fish was awesome”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 27, 2012

My water was the guy with big belly. Totally love the man. Tey didnt have fried fish but when asked, he said ok even with my tomatoes hahha. He even let me leave my left over I went running in the beach. Went here 3 times to eat same fried fish and loved it. Also cheaper than most places.

Visited November 2012

“Good food”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 22, 2012

I would rate the food as good. The service was very good our waiter Honore took very good take of us. I would go back.

Freehold
“Great dining”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 11, 2012

Honorio and his staff were accommodating to everything I asked for and the overall experience was great. Best fish I ever ate!

• Visited July 2012
London, England
“Good seafood”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 9, 2012

If you like fish then do go here. It's worth finding the place. Good food, portions a bit on the too large scale but we liked it and the staff our friendly.

Washingotn DC
“Worth the walk”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 5, 2012

I saw the reviews for Kit Kool Fish on TA. I'm a big fish fan, so I decided to take the long walk (it's on the far end of 5th Ave.) to go there and give it a try. It was more than worth the effort.

The restaurant was empty when we got there at about 6:30. Perhaps it was a bit early, but I still can't understand why the place wasn't packed. We went for the mixed ceviche. We ordered a large. Large probably isn't a fair description - the portion was enormous. The ceviche was " same day" fresh, and was some of the best I've ever had. My wife and would have been fine ifr we had only had the ceviche, the portion was so big. I had read reviews about the whole fish however, so we had to try it.

I'm not entirely what kind of fish it was. Perhaps I'll go back and ask. The fish was cooked to perfection, and was as fresh as I've ever had.That's saying something, as I fish a lot, and know a fresh fish when I see (or taste) one. Nothing fancy here, just a wonderful fish, perfectly prepared.

As good as the meal was, the service was even better. Jesus Palacios was our server. He was enthusiastic, helpful, and a real pro. He took great pride in his work, and the work of the chef. He was a joy: pleasant, patient, and accommodating. We never had to ask for anything - he was always one step ahead of us, refilling chips, salsa, and drinks, always right on time.

If you like fresh fish and great service, do NOT miss a chance to eat a Kool Fish. It's truly a gem. Thank you, Jesus. I hope to see you again in a day or two. Keep up the good work.Kool Fish and Jesus rock. I highly recommend Kool Fish, and can't wait to go back!!

-Ed