10,646 results
All reviews royal service mole the grill south bar gabi club rs pool la palapa restaurant yhi spa dinner reservations alfredo butler service swim up suite bali beds pool party our honeymoon guest services personal butler
Reviewed November 21, 2017

This resort is amazing and topped with excellent service! Unfortunately I started my trip without my luggage b/c WestJet left it in Vancouver, so I went almost two days without my belongings and this was very upsetting, to say the least. I was given a form from WestJet with a phone number to call the following day to check on the status of my luggage, so the next day I went to Guest Services and this is when we met Fernanda (#5132). She was an instant ray of sunshine and completely receptive to my situation. She made the phone call for me and was told my luggage had arrived in Cancun and was given a date & time as to when I could expect to receive my luggage at the resort. Everything she said she was going to do, she did it! Unfortunately I can't say the same for WestJet b/c they did not deliver my luggage when they said they would, so Fernanda followed up with another phone call to check on it, the WestJet rep told her the delivery driver from ACE was running late and wouldn't be there for another 3hrs., which would put us at 6:30pm when we were expected to be attending a family dinner. Fernanda knew what restaurant I was at and assured me that she would call me there if my luggage arrived. Well 6:30pm passed, 7pm passed, and growing more and more frustrated I called Fernanda from the restaurant to ask her to kindly make one more phone call to check on the status of my baggage only to find out that the WestJet department of the Cancun Airport had been closed for the day. She called me back at the restaurant to inform me of this unfortunate news and that I most likely wouldn't see my luggage until tomorrow. Putting a damper on our dinner, we decided to call it an early night and went back to our room around 9pm, the timing was impeccable, b/c as soon as we opened the door to our room the phone rang....it was Fernanda and she was beyond excited! Your luggage has arrived and you must come down to sign for it before the delivery driver leaves. The delivery driver didn't want to wait, but Fernanda made him stay there until I arrived to sign for receiving my luggage.

I spent over +16yrs working in the Hotel/Hospitality industry and this is what we called going above and beyond! Fernanda embraced this issue and took it upon herself to help me through it and I can't thank her enough for what she did....Thanks Fernanda, bless your heart and may all good things come your way!

Kind regards,
Jesse

Stayed: November 2017
2  Thank 121jessec
QD_Paradisus, Gerente at Paradisus Playa del Carmen La Perla, responded to this reviewResponded November 22, 2017

Dear 121jessec,

Thank you so much for your wonderful review about your recent experience at Paradisus Resort.

We are proud to know that the best memory that is taken home is the excellent treatment our staff offers to our guests, we are to make sure everyone is having a great stay. Let us state that we are completely proud of the attentive and caring staff that we have at the resort. As you experienced and is mentioned in all the reviews from other travelers, the service provided by the personnel is what they really treasure from the whole experience. Of course that the entire ambiance, meals, beverages, facilities, pools and other aspects are also important, but the service is always highlighted.
Please be sure that Fernanda will be notified of your recognition to her amazing labor and her importance on your overall experience. We are proud of having her as part of our staff.

We would love to welcome you back to our beautiful destination in the future.

Best Regards

Reviewed November 20, 2017

I am not a world traveler, in fact this was our first trip abroad, but this is going to be very hard to beat. This place is wonderful!!! The property was very clean, the food was good. And when they say you can have whatever you want what ever time, they mean it.

Room Tip: Get the Royal Service!!!
  • Stayed: November 2017, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Meliá Hotels International
1  Thank darkknight369
Reviewed November 20, 2017

We had an incredible stay at Paradisus and would recommend to all types of travelers from groups, to couples, to families. The service for food and drinks was amazing and the food was better than expected.

• Stayed: November 2017, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Meliá Hotels International
Reviewed November 19, 2017

If only I could award more than five stars! Paradisus La Perla left my family speechless every singe day. Despite a number of rainy days, the Paradisus staff always held true to the name. We met with our incredible concierge Angel just minutes into our arrival, and we felt so lucky to have his guidance during our stay. From excursion recommendations to dinner reservations, Angel exceeded all expectations. With his help, we started every morning with a flawless breakfast at Hadar where Christian awaited us with a smile. We were grateful for the sunny days when we could walk on the beautiful beach or lay by the pool, sharing laughs with Iran, Hector, and Alejandro at the Sunset Grill. Even those rainy days were exciting! From Bingo to Zumba lessons, live music at Club Gabi to Cirque du Soleil, Paradisus kept us very entertained. Special thank you to our new friends Irving, Brandon, Geraldo, Esteban, and Ceteyda at the South Avenue Bar. Our week at the Paradisus just wasn't enough! We can't wait to visit again and make more memories to last a lifetime!

• Stayed: October 2017, traveled with family
1  Thank davidsaleigh
QD_Paradisus, Gerente at Paradisus Playa del Carmen La Perla, responded to this reviewResponded November 20, 2017

Dear davidsaleigh,

Thank you for the great rating and review after your recent stay at Paradisus Playa del Carmen.
It is lovely to read how you benefited with Royal Service, that is especially for discriminating guests that want the highest level of service and attention to detail as you mentioned, and it is an honor for us to know that you have enjoyed all the services, and special amenities of our exclusive Royal Service Area.

We are happy to know that you were able to live the Paradisus experience and you loved it. Our staff is proud to know about your recognition to their outstanding job. All of them are a true example of the warm service we strive to provide every day in our resort.

We look forward to the opportunity to earn another 5 star rating from you and welcoming you back next time you are in Playa del Carmen.

Best Regards.

Reviewed November 19, 2017 via mobile

We enjoyed a few days away at what was booked as adults only all inclusive. Be alerted that only half of this property is adults only. You have to read the fine print as there are overlapping spaces where children are permitted. I dodged many strollers in the adults only areas, especially before 9 pm.

We had a very nice romantic dinner on the beach. Of special note were the attentive and timely pursuits of Jorge and Flor. My wife especially enjoyed the very fragrant flowers that we were "gifted" with at the close of the meal. The arrangement was enjoyed for the several days after the dinner. As this trip was for relaxation and decompression, we kept it very unstructured. That prefaced, we literally sat on the beach reading and drinking as we were serviced very pleasantly by Reyes. He anticipated our needs and offered options that he followed up on promptly. One morning we were unable to find an umbrella, a simple request to Reyes and we were set up.

The room, a junior suite, was very clean and well maintained. The air conditioner was a little loud intermittently, but I always take ear plugs to any hotel when I travel for sleep. The room was arranged so that our bed was two queen beds pushed together and made up. The largest bed arrangement I have ever slept in. The WIFI was reliable, but the hotel app did not function and two trips to the front desk did not resolve this issue. We actually used guest services face to face for our reservations. We received a card with our appointed dinner times, but the reactions of the hostesses led me to believe that they we unaware of our reservation. The first attempt at a reserved dinner spot resulted in us waiting at the bar. The second attempt, I had the foresight to take our "confirmation card" to the hostess stand. We we were seated promptly, but it was obvious she was unaware of our reservation. When we travel we try to sample foods that we might not necessarily attempt in the home environment, we had some pretty exotic choices for us. Most choices were very good. Of course, some were not necessarily to our liking, but most choices were appreciated and enjoyed.

We had $550 in resort credit as coupons. I found this option cumbersome and the coupons went in the trash at the airport.

Overall the time spent at this property was very good. With all of the options in the Cancun area I am not sure I would necessarily make it a top priority for a rebook, but I don't regret the experience.

Stayed: November 2017, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Advisematt

Dear Advisematt,

Thank you for taking the time to provide such detailed feedback to future travelers considering Paradisus, we appreciate it very much.

We are happy to see that overall you had a positive anniversary getaway experience and are thrilled that you found our team to be helpful throughout your stay.
First I would like to inform to TripAdvisor readers, our property Paradisus Playa del Carmen consists of two different hotels, La Esmeralda which is the family side and La Perla is the adult side, between both hotels there is a common area with bars and restaurants where adults and children can coexist.

However, we do regret the shortcomings you mentioned and have alerted
the respective leaders to resolve those issues for our future guests.

We appreciate you taking the time to provide your comments and we hope to
have the opportunity to welcome you back.

Best regards