This was an amazing experience for my boyfriend and I. We were both so impressed with how friendly everyone was. It doesn’t matter who was passing you, everyone smiled and said hola! After a couple days most of the people around the resort learned our names, which was even more enjoyable saying hi to people as you walked around. We ended up not booking with the Royal Service which we didn’t regret at all. One of the main things I remember noticing was that the certain portion of the beach that was reserved to RS members, was also the worst section of the beach. The sand was the same all the way across, I mean once you stepped in to the water. It’s dark with a lot of rocks which makes it really hard to walk without wondering what unknown creature or plant life you’re sticking your toes in. Further down the beach where the rest of the members can go, there were much less rocks which left the water looking clearer and that classic Caribbean color you see in pictures. The water on the RS side was dark because of the rocks unfortunately.
I’ve read other people’s reviews and found that there were complaints about children. The only part of the resort that’s combined on both sides are the restaurants. So yes you’ll see families and may be seated next to someone with bratty children at dinner, but then you can retreat back to the La Perla side with no worries.
Even though we went during the high season and the resort was booked, it never felt like it was over crowded or busy. The food, oh the food. It was so delicious at all the restaurants we went to. The Market was our favorite. We did have minor issues with the AC in our room, which would be as cold as we wanted it to be during the day, but at night we couldn’t seem to get the room cooler than the low 70’s. Someone came up right away and tinkered the thermostat which seemed to do the trick. We also ordered room service one night, and it took over an hour for a plate of penne with marinara sauce to make its way up to us, but that’s honestly the only less than perfect moments on the trip.
Overall the people stood out the most to us. Everyone was so nice, courteous, helpful, genuinely interested in us having a good time and finding any way they can offer suggestions of things to do in the area. We most certainly expect to come back again sometime in the future!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Paradisus Playa del Carmen La Perla is a hotel catering to the discerning all-inclusive traveler. With 58 swim-up suites, opulent furnishings, and international cuisine prepared by award-winning chefs, this adults-only hotel is a crowd pleaser. Rooms feature special touches like deep soaker tubs and rainfall showers. Marble floors, flat-screen TVs, Minibar, in-room safe, free Wi-Fi, coffee maker, bathrobes and slippers, cable TV service and a DVD/CD player compliment the trendy interior design. Stay active with water sports like aqua aerobics, yoga, zumba and volleyball, or visit the spacious fitness facility. The Spa offers a wet and dry sauna($). Try a different menu every night with 14 restaurants. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Agoda, Expedia, Hotels.com, Priceline, Orbitz, Travelocity, Evoline ltd, Cancelon, TripOnline SA and HotelQuickly so you can book your Paradisus Playa del Carmen La Perla reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Paradisus Playa Del Carmen La Perla Hotel Playa Del Carmen
- Paradisus Playa Del Carmen La Perla Riviera Maya, Mexico