$338
$237
  • Breakfast included
Valentin Imperial Riviera Maya(Playa del Secreto)(Great Value!)
$415
$261
  • Breakfast included
Playacar Palace(Playa del Carmen)
$728
Bookit.com
Fairmont Mayakoba(Playa del Carmen)
$597
  • Beachfront
Grand Velas Riviera Maya(Playa del Carmen)
$1,004
$872
Bookit.com
Iberostar Tucan Hotel(Playa del Carmen)
$335
Iberostar.com
$477
$448
$1,032
$551
Orbitz.com
  • Breakfast included
Iberostar Paraiso Maya(Playa Paraiso)
$357
$241
HotelsClick
9,842 results
All reviewsroyal servicemolethe grillsouth bargabi clubla palapa restaurantyhi spadinner reservationsalfredobutler serviceguest servicesswim up suitebali bedsour honeymoonpool partypersonal butlerall inclusive resort
FilterAll languages
Reviewed July 13, 2014

Our family stayed at the Paridisus in Playa Del Carmen and couldn't have been more impressed. The location has so many benefits. It is on a beautiful beach where there are drinks, food and a view of Cozumel. Every night there is entertainment. There is lots of tropical life around the resort so keep your eyes open. There is ALWAYS something to eat and the breakfast, lunch and dinners have lots of variety. Another key advantage of staying in Playa Del Carmen is that you're close to XPLOR (Perfection) and XCARET (Close second). The Cancun folks will be on a bus for an hour, but you will only be a quick 20 minutes away. Think how much of a difference that makes after a long day! the STAFF are trained so well and should be proud of their world-class achievements. Fifth avenue is worth seeing, but you're better off buying souvenirs at the parks.

Room Tip: I think the upper floors might be better than the swim-up rooms.
  • Stayed: June 2014, traveled with family
1  Thank Dragons_And_Tigers
Quality Manager B, Gerente at Paradisus Playa del Carmen La Perla, responded to this reviewResponded July 14, 2014

Dear guest,

Many thanks for taking the time to write a review.

It is great to read that your overall experience was amazing while you enjoyed the facilities, activities, food at our variety of restaurants, nice beach area and professional customer service.

If you consider coming back to Playa del Carmen, please think about Paradisus. We will be waiting for your return.

Reviewed July 13, 2014

Enjoyed a much needed break at La Perla over the Fourth of July. Beautiful resort with the most welcoming scent that provided immediate relaxation. Stayed in a suite by the pool...very comfortable and nicely appointed with a shower fit for a King and Queen. Dining options varied and all that we tried were very good. It was quite nice to see such attention to detail and beautiful presentation at an all inclusive. Everywhere we went we were greeted with a smile and desire to provide whatever was requested. But most of all we were offered an opportunity to relax and enjoy the beauty of the resort.

Stayed: July 2014, traveled as a couple
3  Thank Douglas S

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your kind words and candid feedback about your most recent stay at Paradisus Playa del Carmen La Perla.
After reading your notes, we are glad to know our LUXEclusive plan fitted your expectations in every way, with the variety offered at the restaurants, beautiful facilities but most of all for the attentive service provided by our staff.

We will be waiting for your return to our little piece of Paradise.

Reviewed July 12, 2014

My husband and I get away only 1 week a year. We should have done more research. Resort gets a 10 for being cleaned and maintained. This is not what I would call an adults only resort. There are children everywhere! Even passed through once or twice in The Royal Service area.
Thank goodness my husband upgraded our room - which was fantastic. Royal Service swim out. We paid way too much for what we did not receive.
Food would have been about a 7 if they had not added a gallon of oil to everything. It killed the fantastic sushi. I had never had sushi with oil all over it. And yes the screaming children at dinnertime. This may have been partly our fault we have always gone adult only and it has always been adult only. Family resorts are wonderful. Just not for me so maybe it should not be advertised as one.
The YHI spa. beautifully maintained again. I had to pay and leave gratuity before my massage. My therapist was highly untrained. It was the first massage that I could not wait to end. I was very polite and was prepared to share my thoughts at the end of my session because I had scheduled another one when I paid up front.
One person asked how my massage was and I said it was okay then she turned to talk to co workers and wished me a nice day. I was a little angry on my short walk back to the room. I called the spa to cancel my next appointment. I said I had just been there but felt like I needed to cancel. The woman on the phone did not ask why she just said thank you. So if you visit this spa I would recommend asking for a trained specialist.
Upon leaving my husband and I left gratuity at the front desk for house keeping - they were fantastic.I do not feel we received the level of service and or food we paid for. We have stayed at 3 other all - inclusive resorts in Playa and all were fantastic. Sorry but no one ever inquired how our stay was.

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled as a couple
5  Thank Stacy R
Quality Manager B, Gerente at Paradisus Playa del Carmen La Perla, responded to this reviewResponded July 13, 2014

Dear guest,

Thank you for your taking the time to share your point of view about your stay at Paradisus Playa del Carmen La Perla.

We are sorry that you did not have the best service as we are used to give at the Yhi Spa, we really apologize and be sure we will sharing your comments with the manager in charge and her staff in order to improve and take actions to give an exceptional service.

Moreover, we are pleased to know that you could enjoy the comfort in your Royal Service swim out suite and the facilities in general.

We hope that these issues aside you would be willing to return and allow us to improve on your overall experience.

Reviewed July 12, 2014

A beautiful hotel but not the sort of place I would choose to stay. My room was stunning with a swim up pool. The hotel was impressive just a bit too large for my personal choice. There was a good choice of restaurants. Our stay was perhaps not helped by torrential rain most days!

Stayed: June 2014, traveled on business
1  Thank Gillian W

Dear guest,

Thank you for reviewing your recent experience at Paradisus Playa del Carmen La Perla.

We glad to hear that you enjoyed the comfort in your stunning room and our unique LUXEclusive plan with a wide variety in food and beverage in all our specialty restaurants.

If you are thinking in coming back to Playa del Carmen, please consider to stay again in Paradisus.

Reviewed July 12, 2014

This was my husband and my first trip to Mexico. We chose Paradius based on reviews on Trip Advisor and so glad we did! We loved the resort from the moment we stepped on the property, and we will definitely return. We arrived a little after 1 PM at the main reception area where we left our bags. We were driven around to the adult welcome area (this is two resorts in one - adults only and family) on a golf cart where we were greeted with a glass of sparkling wine - pink for me and white for him. After receiving our room credits, we decided to upgrade to a master room. We opted for the Royal Service and met our butler Guisel. She couldn't have been nicer or more helpful. As a matter of fact, no one could have been. All the staff were warm, friendly and welcoming. Guisel walked us over to La Palapa where we had a nice lunch while waiting for our room. After lunch, we explored a bit of the resort and then returned to the welcome area. Upon arriving in our room, we were delighted at what we found! The room was huge and immaculate. The decor was nice. Our balcony overlooked the pool area and courtyard with a small, partial view over the treetops of the ocean. We could see Cozemel in the distance. Guisel showed us around the room, provided us with information about various features (speaker system for bedroom TV in the bathroom area), and explained that she took the liberty of making dinner reservations for us at Fusion. She asked if we were okay with that or would we like her to change it. We were fine with it and were definitely not disappointed. The food was fabulous. I was told not to expect too much about food at Mexican all-inclusive resorts but that turned out not to be the reality at the Paradius. Every restaurant we went into had fabulous-albeit sometimes very different to US-offerings. Reservations were definitely a necessity and Guisel handled all of that for us. To get the time slot you wanted you really needed to make the reservations for the entire week on your first or second day there. The resort's grounds were immaculately maintained and the pools were always clean. The wait staff in the pool areas and on the beach were attentive. I want to give a shout out to Celia who waited on us on the beach. That gal ran back and forth all day long from the beach to the pool side bar for drinks-in the heat and humidity-and she ALWAYS had a smile on her face. The beach was narrow, not like beaches along the US east coast, which I actually liked. With Royal Service, we had access to the bali lounges and Celia always was available to help put up the LARGE umbrella. The area off the Royal Service access beach did have rocks if you ventured out but if you walked a few hundred yards to the right, the public beach was fine for swimming. The resort cleaned its beach of the seaweed that came ashore so if you wanted to venture in a few feet to get your toes wet, you were fine. This resort was definitely more about pampering and relaxation. Nightlife other than socializing at a bar with other guests was really nonexistent which was fine for us. They did have an evening show two nights that we were there. However, it was in a very small corner close to the restaurants which became very crowded/congested. Also, if you had dinner reservations at the time, you missed it. There wasn't a "night club" on sight so to speak. Not sure if anything happened at "Club Gabi" in the evening - largely because if something did, it wouldn't have been our scene anyways. We went on an excursion one day to snorkel and Tulum. When we returned, we found chocolate covered strawberries and a bottle of champagne waiting for us. A bubble bath had been drawn with rose petals in and around the tub. Guisel left an anniversary card at the back of the tub. On our last day there, we were again greeted with a bottle of cold champagne and chocolate covered strawberries when we returned from the pool. We couldn't have asked for more for our getaway and can't wait to return!

• Stayed: July 2014, traveled as a couple

Dear guest,

Thank you for sharing with us your Paradisus Royal Service experience and for highlighting the aspects you enjoyed the most during your stay, like the modern facilities, the delicious and assorted food at our restaurants and of course the warm service provided by our staff, special mention to Guisel and Celia .We will pass along your notes about their outstanding service and the importance they had on your overall wonderful experience.

It is a pleasure for us to receive reviews from our tourists. We are proud that you have had a memorable anniversary celebration at our little piece of paradise and we will be waiting for your prompt return.