Paradisus Playa del Carmen La Perla
Barcelo.com
$191
Bookit.com
  • Breakfast included
The Royal Playa del Carmen(Playa del Carmen)
$385
$293
Bookit.com
$537
$517
  • Breakfast included
Paradisus Playa Del Carmen La Esmeralda(Playa del Carmen)
$583
$258
Melia.com
Valentin Imperial Riviera Maya(Playa del Secreto)(Great Value!)
$448
$359
  • Breakfast included
Fairmont Mayakoba(Playa del Carmen)
$486
$344
Orbitz.com
  • Beachfront
$562
$676
$450
  • Breakfast included
Grand Velas Riviera Maya(Playa del Carmen)
$15,600
9,981 results
All reviewsroyal servicemolethe grillsouth bargabi clubla palapa restaurantyhi spadinner reservationsalfredobutler serviceguest servicesswim up suitebali bedsour honeymoonpool partypersonal butlerall inclusive resort
Reviewed October 29, 2013

We went here for our 10th anniversary and to escape from our 3 yr old twins. There are plenty of wonderful aspects of this resort, and we thoroughly enjoyed ourselves. But I have to say, we were a bit disappointed in a few areas:

1. Children -- You will see plenty of children (even at what appear to be "Adults only" restaurants. The adults only buffet restaurant and the "Grill" were both closed at supper time (the "Grill" was closed all the time). The entertainment facility (which is really the bar) is on the kids side, so you'll be involved in kids "tired" melt-downs and see them sleeping on the chairs.

2. Restricted areas and movements -- If you don't upgrade to "Royal Service", then you lose about 1/3 of the La Perla (Adults only) resort. You can't use one of the pools and bar or access the beach from the "Adults only" side); you can't use La Palapa restaurant for breakfast or lunch (even though 2 other adult only restaurants are closed). I was insulted by the restriction of movement for the "regular" 5 star guests -- frustrating when you pay 5 star prices and then are told you can go here and there.

3. Need more daytime activities -- there is yoga, beach volleyball (hello, again kids!), and aquasize, and that's about it. One day a week there is a pool party, but otherwise, pretty quiet. Need more beach equipment (paddleboards, boogie boards, maybe a catamaran or two) and a few more activies at the pool (games, water volleyball, water polo (no kids), beach volleyball without kids, etc.)

The two remarkable items are:

1. Staff -- they are wonderful. In Hadar, ask for Rafael Velasco -- he will take very good care of you. Ariana's yoga class in the afternoon is a must. Veronica's smoothies at breakfast in Hadar are a real bonus; Maria-paz at the concierge was our go-to person for everything.

2. The property -- outstanding rooms (very clean), beautiful grounds, modern decor, nice beach. Really top notch.

Overall, we liked the resort, but frankly, we would go back to the Royal Playa Del Carmen before we came back here. I'm sure

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Melia Hotels International
4  Thank Twindad2013
Quality Manager B, Gerente at Paradisus Playa del Carmen La Perla, responded to this reviewResponded October 31, 2013

Dear Guest,

First of all, we would like to thank you for letting us know about your experience at Paradisus Playa del Carmen La Perla.

You can be sure that your comments and concerns are already in the hands of our heads department, as we are always in the pursuit of exceeding your expectations, provide you the reasons to come back and provide you unforgettable experiences.

On the other hand, we sincerely appreciate your kind comments about our facilities, your outstanding room and the beach area As for the staff members you have mentioned in your review, we will make sure to pass on your kind comments to all of them, whom we are sure did everything out of love in order to make your stay memorable.

We sincerely value your feedback and do hope to have the opportunity to serve you again in the future.

Reviewed October 29, 2013

My wife and I recently returned from a 6-day vacation at the Paradisus Playa del Carmen La Perla resort. We have stayed at many all-inclusive resorts mostly in Jamaica and Punta Cana, but this was our first stay in the Cancun/Riviera Maya area. Of all the resorts we went to, this was a big number 1!

We chose Paradisus based on the recommendation of our American Express travel agent and the reviews from TripAdvisor. Paradisus gave us the important aspects of what we wanted in our vacation, a quiet adults only atmosphere, terrific food with a large variety of choices, a beautiful pool, and friendly, helpful staff. Although we’re not “nightlife” people, the guests were mostly young honeymooners and they had a great time at the Gabi Club every night.

The atmosphere is very “Zen” peaceful, with lush plants, fountains, koy ponds and beautiful sculptures throughout the resort. The rooms are fantastic. We booked the most basic room (Jr. Suite) and it was far better than any room/suite we ever had before. We had a large kitchen & living room area plus a bedroom, next to a room with double vanities and bath with 2 closets and clothes drawers. And another room with a modern shower for 2 people, another vanity/sink and toilet room. There is an outdoor patio with a large Jacuzzi and lounge chairs, just off the bedroom. We had 2 large flatscreen tv’s and built-in wifi for our iphones and laptops. Important: There is a safe for your valuables, passports, documents, etc. Avoid any possible thefts and use them. Also Important: There are numerous bottles of spring water at every sink so you don’t have to drink or brush your teeth with the tap water. We never drank from the tap and managed to avoid any sicknesses during our stay.

We spent our daytime hours by the pool lounging in the shade and in the pool with a tropical drink or two. The pool activities manager, Rafael, always provided us with an extra umbrella since we wanted to stay out of the sun. He would periodically stop by and ask if we were okay and if we needed anything else. I also don’t want to forget the staff who also came by regularly to see if we wanted a pina colada, bottled water, sandwiches, or nachos and guacamole. Occasionally, there would be performers/dancers that came to the pool to entertain the guests. It was like an everyday party there.

The food was outstanding. The restaurants served a nouvelle cuisine menu, after a few days, it was too much for us, but you can request a basic style, no problem. They’re there to give you what you like. I recommend the following: the sweet and sour chicken dish at Bana; The Ribeye Steak at La Palapa, the Rack of Lamb at Passion, and my favorite was the Crème Broulet dessert at Fuego. The breakfast and lunch buffets were terrific as well, The coffee was the best we ever had. We didn’t want to drink hot coffee on our vacation in Mexico, but it was so great, we drank it almost non-stop. Our waiter, Rafael Velasco, was our loyal breakfast servant at Hadar and catered to our tastes. Muchas Gracias, Raffi. We won’t forget you, amigo.

We must also thank our guest hostesses Viviana for getting us oriented and setting up our restaurant reservations, and Tania helping us as well. Everyone is friendly and outgoing. We spent our last hours at the resorts thanking (with a few bucks) and saying good-bye to our favorite staffers.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank glessnr1

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking some of your valuable time to post a review on Tripadvisor and for sharing your comments with us.

On behalf of all the staff at Paradisus Playa del Carmen La Perla, we want to take this opportunity to thank for believing and trusting on us. It is always a great pleasure knowing that we exceeded your expectations and that we were able to create such a unique holiday experience.

We sincerely appreciate your kind comments about our facilities, the atmosphere, your fantastic room and the culinary experience we offer in all the restaurants.

We really appreciate your compliments towards Raffi: he is a big asset of Paradisus Playa del Carmen. It is thanks to persons like him that we are able to accomplish our goal, the total satisfaction of our guests.

We hope to welcome you back in the future to make more travel memories.

Reviewed October 28, 2013

We had an excellent experience at the Paradisus La Perla. The staff went above and beyond to take great care of us. The staff worked very hard and took great pride in serving awesome food, accomodating guests and providing a very clean facility for each guest.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Melia Hotels International
1  Thank S C

Dear Guest,

We would like to express our gratitude for staying at our hotel and provide us the privilege to serve you.

Thank you for your kind comments and for letting us create this excellent experience, we look forward to pampering you once again in the near future.

Reviewed October 28, 2013

We stayed at Paradisus la perla10/20/13 to 10/27/13.. Its truly a beautiful place and the staff were great...I had a wonderful time. Just a few negitive things we stayed in La Perla Which is suppose to be Adults only but its really not a true adults only Hotel Resort.. Its one huge Resort separated into two Resorts.. The La Esmeralda which is for Familys with kids and La Perla for Adults only.. What they dont tell you is, that both Resorts share the Resturants and buffet area and beach and shows and main areas which are in the middle of both Resorts so pretty much you see kids everywhere even in the adults section because the Staff does not inforce the rules on the La Perla side.. On The Beach there were kids on the La Perla side and like I said before the staff doesnt inforce the rules they allow anyone to sit anywhere they want.. Much of the same in the Resturant we were told no kids after 8pm but there were kids there well after 9.30pm crying.. My Room was 1307 ocean front and one night I heard a baby crying when I told the women at front desk she told me that couldnt be true but I did hear a baby crying.. I didnt mind but if La Peala says its Adults only then it should be what you paid for. Also my room was suppose to have a beach front view but not really..This Hotel is set very far back from the beach and my room had more of a sea view which was nice. The room was very large and cleaned well everyday the bathroom was huge..On the first night we went to use the jacuzzi tub on the deck and noticed it was still dirty with a ring of sun tan lotion around it from the last guest to use it.. I guess they forgot, it happens..The rest of the room was very clean.. Towels in bathroom very hard and stiff a little downy could help. I know it seem like a little thing but on sun burn skin the towel felt like sand paper.. The beds were Great got a wonderful nights sleep..As for the Resturants they were all really great but dont look for Mexican food at this Resort because you will not find it here and thats sad being that this is Mexico..The Resturant Mole seemed more like food from France.. Couldnt find a fish taco or Rice anywhere even if I paid extra.. Other wise my trip was Great I had a nice time but would have enjoyed Mexican food but I couldnt find any.. The beach was pretty but the place the beach chairs like an assembly line right on top of the next person (guest) with no space to move that I didnt like. The lady on the beach who severed us drinks and food everyday with a smile (Carmen) was so wonderful and hard working, love her.. Sorry I didnt get a chance to say good bye.. before I forget the club melia people in white just drove us crazy i dont think they understood the word NO.. They kept bugging us to sign up for a time share, I had to tell them 100 times it felt like that Im not interested. ALso just one other thing they have no theater for the show and no shows at all in the Adults side of Resort so every night if you want to see the show you have to walk over to the kids side of Resort at there Bar called South Bar wich had little to no seating because the Bar area is small to share with people coming from both sides of the Resorts. It was really tight and dark with kids sitting on the floor and people trying to pass to get to the Resturants. I saw a women almost step on a child sitting on the floor because there not many seats because its a bar.. that part was so strange when I asked why I was told this was a freedom Resort.. I guess that mean no seating..lol.. All and all had a good time..

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled with friends
2  Thank mkuinlan

Dear Guest,

Thank you for reviewing your recent experience at Paradisus Playa del Carmen La Perla.

We appreciate you have taken the time to share your impressions with us and we want you to know that we take our guests´ comments very seriously, this helps us to work harder in specific areas which we might have not paid the attention they deserve. Please rest assured that all the issues you have raised have been addressed and that appropriate corrective actions have been taken.

On the other hand we are glad to read you had a good time in our beautiful Resort and we are happy to know the service provided by Carmen was excellent and personalized, always focused on your total satisfaction.

It will be always a pleasure to welcome you back, and you can be sure that we will never cease in our efforts to constantly improve the quality of services provided.

Reviewed October 28, 2013

Let me start by saying that I, sadly, forget to write reviews. My husband and I just returned from playa del Carmen, Mexico. He had surgery before we left and was not doing well when we arrived. They have what is called Royal Service for their guests. I thought it was just a fancy name for a concierge. WELL I was mistaken. These people were amazing. One evening I needed something from a pharmacy for my husband. One of the butlers, Gabriel Ortiz, worked for hours to find for us. He stayed at work hours after he was to leave and the next day (his day off) he searched everywhere and brought to the hotel for my husband. Aside from this, he continued to check on him all week. Gabriel is not only caring, but smart, articulate and well spoken. To come to a resort in Mexico and have the ability to communicate this easily made it even better. I hope Paradisus knows what a gem they have in their staff. Alma, Monica, Hector are also part of Royal Service staff that are amazing. One day at the pool we had to lovely girls from guest services (Ambar and Karla) ask guests how everything was. I mentioned how I wish there was more diet coke in our fridge. By the time I returned to my room it was loaded.

We've stayed at nice hotels many times, but I needed to make an effort to let people know about
Paradisus La Perla in Playa Del Carmen. The hotel is beautiful. The rooms are gorgeous and the food was the best we've ever had in an inclusive resort. All of these things are worth going for. However, it's the overwhelmingly fabulous service that will get me to come back.

I know this sounds to good to be true, but it's even better than what I've mentioned. If anyone going to Riveria Maya wants to stay in a spotless, stunning hotel with great restaurants with top shelf wine, liquor and over the top SERVICE, then Paradisus is the place for you.

The day we left, Gabriel was at the lobby to say goodbye. Saying goodbye to him was harder than leaving this place of paradise. If I could give this more stars I would.

Much appreciation,
Jwanshek@att.net

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled on business
3  Thank J0anne1959

Dear Guest,

Thank you so much for selecting us as a destination for your vacation.

We are delighted to read that you spent an excellent time in our property. One of our top priorities is to provide the highest quality service, always focused in the total satisfaction of our guests.

It is a real pleasure for us to know that you have enjoyed all the benefits, services, and special amenities of being a Royal Service guest.

Your comments made us even prouder of our staff, we recognize those who put everything to their day to day, we highly appreciate the love, care and dedication shown to their work; this is what makes us different and what makes possible to exceed our guests expectations. We will surely congratulate Gabriel in your behalf.

It will be a real pleasure to welcome you back to your second home, Paradisus Playa del Carmen La Perla.