“Exceptional Guest Service!”

GreenLeadersPlatinum level
Mexico City, Mexico
“Exceptional Guest Service!”
Reviewed August 31, 2013

I had business trip to Paradisus, the hotel facilities are outstanding but most of all was the service, everyone was willing to help with a warm smiles and very attentive to our needs.
I want to highlight to Maria Paz from Guest Service, I forgot my Ipad at the airplane and she was exceptional kind and support me all the time in a warm and friendly manner, frankly concern about my problem. She was very attentive to follow up the issue and kept me informed all the time.
The bell boys as well as the security service responded in a quick manner also.
The best food and drinks of all inclusive hotels i have stayed at for business or vacations, the rooms are modern and clean and the housekeeping was really good.
Unfortunately I stayed only for 1 day, but it was a great experience because the people made the difference.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank Carlos A
Quality Manager B, Gerente at Paradisus Playa del Carmen La Perla, responded to this review, September 3, 2013
Dear Guest,

We would like to thank you for taking the time to share this review with us.

It is a pleasure for us to read you had a great experience in our Resort; also, we are glad to learn you enjoyed our facilities and to know the service provided for our staff was always helpful and attentive, especial Maria Paz, thank you for recognize her work. She is a big asset of Paradisus La Perla Playa del Carmen.

We hope you will visit us very soon to experience the Pure Freedom to Just Be.

Quality Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,845)
  • Hebrew first
Reviewed August 30, 2013

We had a wonderful time from the rooms to the restaurants and clubs! The pool area was excellent and the beach is beautiful. The service was excellent. The entire staff was welcoming and friendly and made our vacation exceptional. I would highly recommend this resort.

• Stayed August 2013
Dear Guest,

We would like to thank you for visiting us and recommending us to future travelers.

It makes us very happy to know that you had a wonderful holiday with us and want to also thank you for granting us with the opportunity to host you. It is a pleasure read you enjoyed our facilities, the culinary experience we offer and to know the service provided for our team was always focused on your total satisfaction.

Our top priorities are to provide the highest quality service and to show you how to embrace the experience of the Pure Freedom to Just Be.

We look forward for your next holiday in Paradise.

Maryland
Reviewed August 29, 2013

Not only did Paradisus meet my expectations, but FAR exceeded them. We spent a total of four days, and I can't say there was one bad experience during the entire trip.

As soon as we arrived the Bell staff greeted us with warm smiles and led us to the Lobby. There we were met by friendly staff ready to help us get started with our vacation. Oh, and in addition to a great first impression by the Lobby staff, we were also welcomed with the perfectly delicious Paradisus Cocktail. At that moment we knew this was going to be a great vacation.

During check-in, our Concierge Viviana asked a few questions and quickly determined the restaurants we'd most enjoy. She made dinner reservations for each evening, for the time that best suited our needs. Her choices were great: Fuego, Mole, LaPalapa, and Vento. Each night's dinner experience was excellent. For breakfast there were two buffet locations: family-friendly, and adults-only. Same food choices but different dining rooms. Athough we stayed in the adults-only La Perla, we tried both buffets. Same great service and a variety of choices at both. Waiters Dominga, Lucero, and Jeronimo were especially helpful at the breakfast buffets. The best food and drink of any all-inclusive I have stayed at.

The rooms were just as they appear online. Modern, clean, and well-kept. No complaints with Housekeeping.
Great pool experience. Pool Concierge Elizabeth was friendly and so helpful that she scouted out the best spot for us, and had towels on the chairs by the time we arrived at the pool. Beach was a short walk from the property.
Many of the staff members who worked the pool and beach, also made sure guests were having a good time at the evening musical events. I enjoyed all the entertainment, especially the 70s/80s party. Special shout-out to Mario with the Mohawk, who helped us when we were late to the Wine Tasting, and made sure we were on time to the Tequila Tasting :)
Sommelier Carlos made the us the perfect Margarita.

This was one of the best vacations I have ever had, and I will return as soon as I can.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends
Dear Guest,

Allow me to express my gratefulness for selecting us to celebrate your vacation, and for sharing the impressions of your recent stay with us.

We want to ensure that once you walk through our lobby doors, you’re able to relax and enjoy every moment of your vacation. It is a pleasure for us to read you enjoyed the culinary experience we offer, to know you enjoyed our daily activities and we are glad to know the service provided for our team was focused on your satisfaction.

Also, we would like to thank you for your kind compliments toward our staff. It is thanks to our excellent team that we are able to accomplish our goal, the total satisfaction of our guests. We will gladly pass on your compliments to each one of them.

We hope this is the first of many more times we will have the pleasure to host you at the Riviera Maya

London, Canada
Reviewed August 29, 2013

We vacationed at the Paradisus La Perla from August 3 - 10 & stayed in the RS section. We have always vacationed in Adults Only resorts & it is, but this resort shares the majority of the restaurants and lounges with it's connecting resort Esmeralda which is for families. This really surprised us and it was okay but if you truly want to enjoy entertainment without children running around, strollers in restaurants etc then beware. Another surprise was that they do not have a separate air conditioned venue to enjoy the nightly entertainment. It almost appears that it was an after thought so they created a make shift area almost like a corridor between a buffet restaurant for families & that of the guest rooms in the Esmeralda side. A few nights we enjoyed listening to some musicians in what they say is an adults only area but because it is an open space it's really a walk through back to the Esmeralda side. Try the Red Lounge for evening cocktails, it has AC, is a lovely bar & not only is the service excellent but a young lad who resides close to the resort makes an awesome margarita! We really enjoyed the RS section, the private pool and the fantastic restaurant. The food there was amazing!
A word to vacationers, why is it that smokers have to smoke in the pool? Why is it allowed around the pool bar, so disgusting especially when those ppl don't use an ashtray in or around the pool. Perhaps it was because all guest rooms are smoke free which was great! Suggestion.......more areas that are deemed non smoking where most of the guests relax after dinner especially when children are also in the area. Just didn't sit right with us. Please do not allow people to smoke in the pool or when they swim up to the pool bar. We saw guests get their cigarettes, jump in the pool smoke or mozy up to the swim up and smoke while oops dropping their ashes or butts right In the pool. So many of us in the pool were disgusted by how many guests were smoking around the pool too and not even bothering with the ashtrays. Just seems to degrade the beautiful RS area, though every few feet where ashtrays so its like it was welcomed by all. There are lots of areas people can smoke. It was a beautiful resort, very contemporary and relaxing. Food at all restaurants was wonderful. . I must say the absolutely best asset of the Paradisus La Perla is by far the staff who were outstanding.

Room Tip: Book RS section.
3 Thank cruise67
Dear Guest,

First of all, we would like to thank you for letting us know about your experience at Paradisus La Perla Playa del Carmen.

You can be sure that your comments and concerns are already in the hands of our heads department, as we are always in the pursuit of exceeding your expectations and provide you the reasons to come back.

On the other hand, it is a real pleasure for us to know that you have enjoyed all the benefits, services, and special amenities of being a Royal Service guest. Your comments made us even prouder of our staff, we recognize those who put everything to their day to day, we highly appreciate the love, care and dedication shown to their work; this is what makes us different and what makes possible to exceed our guests expectations.

We sincerely value your feedback and do hope to have the opportunity to serve you again soon.

Playa Del Carmen
Reviewed August 29, 2013

We just returned from our stay at the Paradisus Perla. We went as a group of 4 couples and every one of us were amazed by this resort. The rooms/beds were so comfortable and the food was fantastic from the buffet to all the wonderful restaurants. We have been to many resorts all over the world and I have to say the staff at the Perla is by far the best we have ever encountered. The only thing I would change about the Resort is the access to the Beach, it isn't visible from the pool area or resort because of the natural man-grove that separates the two. It really had no effect on our stay but would have enjoyed seeing the beach more while on the resort. You won't regret your stay at Paradisus Perla, it was a 10 out of 10 for our group!!

Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Dear Guest,

Thank you for reviewing your recent experience at Paradisus La Perla Playa del Carmen.

We are delighted to read that you spent the best time in our property, our top priorities is to provide the highest quality service and to show you how to embrace the experience of the Pure Freedom to Just Be.

We are glad to read you enjoyed our facilities, your comfortable room and to know the service provided for our staff was always oriented on you total satisfaction.

Please honor us with your visit in your next vacation.

Tampa, Florida
Reviewed August 29, 2013

I've stayed at the Bahia Prinicipe, I've stayed at the Maya Coba in Playa del carmen, NON OF THESE HOTELS COME CLOSE TO PARADISUS LA PERLA! Super clean and beautiful! Staff spoke Enlgish well and made sure that my wife and I were taken care of. I've stayed in a lot of hotels over the years because my Wife and I are vacation addicts and I must say Paradisus La Perla blew ALL OTHER HOTELS AWAY. If you have the $ I would upgrade to Royal Service! You get to enjoy more restaurants for FREE so much amazing food comes with it, you get to dine in 5 star restaurants for lunch instead of going to the Buffet. Don't get me wrong the food is incredible all over the place, but Royal Service you get to enjoy lunch in an amazing restaurant by the pool side with soothing music. I was so pleased that even the non royal service area had cabana beds for people to sleep in by the pool side :) It can get wild there on the weekends a nice party at the pool with swim up bars :) Royal service is more of a relaxing soothing to the soul type of area, which after a few drinks from the swim up bar my wife and I just swam up to those big cabana like beds and took a few naps :) The restaurants were incredible, the room service always had a bottle of sparkling wine ready for us (for free), the staff can design your room romantically per request with rose pedals over the bed with a beautiful design and they can put those rose pedals inside the jacuzzi or the inside bathtub (you get a jacuzzi on your balcony and a massive bathtub indoors next to a beautiful shower). By the way, the bathtub can fit 2 PEOPLE EASILY :) I say this because some hotels don't have the massive bathtubs like Paradisus La Perla has. The beaches were nice, grab some snorkeling stuff with you because as soon as you get in the ocean you'll see beautiful fish :). I am definitely going back! No questions asked! By the way, the bartenders are really funny, they'll put on shows for you besides the fact that they have professionals come in everyday to give you great shows to just sit back sip, laugh and enjoy! FYI, right outside of the resort is a beautiful shopping/party streets!! I felt safe and welcomed and it was very modern, compared to other Caribbean countries where outside the resort it was a little foggy. Don't just stay on the resort, take a cab for $10 and get to meet hundreds of other tourist shopping around. If you like to party I highly suggest Coco Bongo :) Red lounge which is a club on the La Perla resort was really nice to :) it was my Wife's birthday and it was midnight at the Red lounge and they brought out a cake with candles and they spelled her name in chocolate all for free :))) Of course you have to let them know its her birthday ahead of time.

Room Tip: Royal Service area is a huge plus and DEFINITELY worth the extra cost because you will get everythin...
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking some of your valuable time to post a review on Tripadvisor and for sharing your comments with us.

It is always a great pleasure knowing that we exceeded your expectations and that we were able to create such a unique holiday experience. We are glad to read you enjoyed the benefits of our exclusive Royal Service Area, to know you enjoyed our facilities, the culinary experience we offered and it is a pleasure to read that the service provided from our team was beyond and always focused in your total satisfaction as you deserve.

We appreciate the suggestions you make for our future guests; we hope this is the beginning of uncountable vacations at Paradisus La Perla Playa del Carmen.

Playa Del Carmen
Reviewed August 27, 2013

The most amazing place I've ever stayed. I have not one bad thing to say. The staff is more then friendly the rooms were immaculate, we called for towels a couple of times and they were at our door within 5 minutes. Norma our guest hostess was amazing she set up all of our reservatios for dinner for every night we were there, went above and beyond to make arrangements to do excursions always asked if we needed anyting, she was great! I highly reccmend this place for anyone looking into it you will not be sorry.

Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Quality Manager B, Gerente at Paradisus Playa del Carmen La Perla, responded to this review, August 29, 2013
Dear Guest,

First of all, we would like to thank you for letting us know about your experience at Paradisus Playa del Carmen - La Perla.

One of our top priorities is to provide the highest quality service and show you how to embrace the experience of the Pure Freedom to Just Be.

Your comments made us even prouder of our staff, we recognize those who put everything to their day to day, we highly appreciate the love, care and dedication shown to their work; this is what makes us different and what makes possible to exceed our guests expectations. We will surely congratulate Norma in your behalf.

We hope to have the opportunity to host you again in the near future.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Playa del Carmen
Paradisus Playa Del Carmen La Esmeralda
Paradisus Playa Del Carmen La Es...
#33 of 214 in Playa del Carmen
4.5 of 5 bubbles 6,762 reviews
Royal Hideaway Playacar
Royal Hideaway Playacar
#31 of 214 in Playa del Carmen
4.5 of 5 bubbles 3,985 reviews
Blue Diamond Luxury Boutique Hotel
Blue Diamond Luxury Boutique Hot...
#49 of 214 in Playa del Carmen
Zoetry Paraiso de La Bonita
Zoetry Paraiso de La Bonita
#4 of 25 in Puerto Morelos
4.5 of 5 bubbles 2,202 reviews

Been to Paradisus Playa del Carmen La Perla? Share your experiences!