My husband and I just returned from 5 days at Paradisus La Playa and we couldn't have asked for a better experience. We had read reviews on Trip Advisor prior to traveling and knew to ask for the upgrade to the Royal Service if we wanted a special experience. We weren't disappointed!
We really enjoyed the private lounge, pool and bar/restaurant area that Royal Service offered. We did use the butler service, but it wasn't the most important thing to us. During the day, you can return to the lounge area and get snacks, drinks (alcohol and non), coffee, etc. at any time. Rooms were also provided with a refrigerator, mini bar and small espresso machine. If you asked for a particular liquor, beer, or soda, your fridge would be stocked without hesitation. We were placed on the first floor, although our request was for an upper floor, but it ended up being fine because the area was so quiet (we never felt our privacy was compromised).
Celina was our primary butler (Alma was her "companero" on Celina's day off) and she was wonderful. The butlers brought us bottles of champagne and a sipping tequila, made our dinner reservations, and helped with travel and flight arrangements. In their absence, every member of the Royal Service staff was always attentive to our every need or inquiry. We only made one minor request, for more hangers, that was not fulfilled. The rose petal bath set for us in the Jacuzzi helped us "get over" this, however!
We really enjoyed the private pool area with Marco, the pool bartender, and Arturo, the pool/beach waiter during the day. They were both very personable and always attentive. Upgrading to the Royal Service meant the pool was not over crowded, and we were always able to easily find seating by the pool or beach. Gabriel, the pool concierge, was always ready to help set us up at the beach or pool with towels and a special place to lounge. He always checked back with us during the day to see if we needed anything new. We enjoyed chatting about movies with him! He is very personable and definitely an asset to the hotel.
Roxana, the hostess at La Palapa, always greeted us enthusiastically when we ate at that restaurant and helped me practice my Spanish. When my husband accidentally stepped on a sting ray, the beach staff, including Ivan the lifeguard and the security guard (another Arturo?) were very attentive and helpful. They stayed with us until my husband felt comfortable and tended to his wound. All we can say about this unfortunate incident is to do the "stingray shuffle" when walking into the water, especially early in the AM!
As for the rest of the resort, we really enjoyed the variety and diversity of the restaurants. Being from New York, we have some of the best food in the world, and we were very pleasantly surprised. We have stayed at other all-inclusives and the food has all started to taste the same after a few days. Our favorite restaurant was Fuego, with its fresh ceviche. Every meal was delicious. We had authentic Mexican, fresh sushi, and delicious Italian. During one lunch at the Grill, our request for a "special" dish of fried calamari was granted. We enjoyed the fresh hamburgers at the beach BBQ for lunch as well.
Each night, there was some sort of entertainment going on. We really enjoyed the live music in the Gabi Room, as well as the Mayan dance group. Tequila tasting at the Blue Agave is a must, as well as a stop by the hookah bar! The atmosphere of the entire hotel is very sophisticated, with a modern decor. The loungers located in every area of the hotel made it very inviting for pure relaxation!
On our return trip to the airport, we spoke with a family from our local area who stayed at the La Esmeralda side of the resort. They were equally happy with their choice and said their nearly 2-year old son was very comfortable there. The staff was very accommodating for children and they never felt too crowded at the pool or beach either.
Overall, we would certainly rate this with the "excellent" rating, with no hesitation. Other couples we met at the Royal Service area this week agreed. The discussions about the rocks at the Royal Service beach were no problem for any of us - we just walked a few feet into pure turquoise water... No complaints!!!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Paradisus Playa del Carmen La Perla is a hotel catering to the discerning all-inclusive traveler. With 58 swim-up suites, opulent furnishings, and international cuisine prepared by award-winning chefs, this adults-only hotel is a crowd pleaser. Rooms feature special touches like deep soaker tubs and rainfall showers. Marble floors, flat-screen TVs, Minibar, in-room safe, free Wi-Fi, coffee maker, bathrobes and slippers, cable TV service and a DVD/CD player compliment the trendy interior design. Stay active with water sports like aqua aerobics, yoga, zumba and volleyball, or visit the spacious fitness facility. The Spa offers a wet and dry sauna($). Try a different menu every night with 14 restaurants. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Prodigios Interactivos SA, Expedia, Agoda, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Priceline, Orbitz, Hotwire, Travelocity, Evoline ltd, TripOnline SA and HotelQuickly so you can book your Paradisus Playa del Carmen La Perla reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Paradisus Playa Del Carmen La Perla Hotel Playa Del Carmen
- Paradisus Playa Del Carmen La Perla Riviera Maya, Mexico