“Incredible expierence”

Paradisus Playa del Carmen La Perla
Ranked #19 of 215 Hotels in Playa del Carmen
GreenLeadersPlatinum level
Reviewed July 21, 2013

Its an excellent all inclusive resort, very modern, clean, great service, amazing food, beatiful views, etc. I will return for sure. Thanks to all the people who works there, they made our stay very pleasent and enjoyable, specially raul from fuego, celina and julia.

Room Tip: Royal service totally worths it.
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled with friends
2  Thank Michelle D
Quality Manager B, Gerente at Paradisus Playa del Carmen La Perla, responded to this reviewResponded July 23, 2013

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience in our Paradisus La Perla Playa del Carmen.

It is a pleasure read you had an incredible and an excellent experience with us during your stay, we are very happy to learn you enjoyed every part of our resort, to know you enjoyed our exclusive Royal Service area, Hotel the décor, our dining options, the grounds and to know the service was the service you deserve. Raul, Celina and Julia will know about your recognition, thank you for mention them.

It is heartwarming read we accomplished our main goal, which is your total satisfaction. We will be waiting for you in your next visit and make you repeat this memorable experience.

Quality Manager

Write a ReviewReviews (9,459)

Reviewed July 21, 2013

The resort was gorgeous food was delicious and the staff overall amazing and friendly. Ralph the pool service manager was the best super friendly. Loved my stay felt very safe we will be back soon!!!!

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank Amanda J

Dear Guest,

We appreciate your review on Trip Advisor.

We are very happy to learn you had an amazing vacation in our Paradisus La Perla Playa del Carmen.

It is a pleasure read you enjoyed our facilities, our culinary experience and knows the service provided from our team was amazing and friendly, always focused in your total satisfaction and relaxation. Ralph will know about your mention, thank you for recognize his work.

We will be waiting for you, to make you repeat the Paradisus Experience.

Reviewed July 20, 2013

I recently stayed at the Paradisus La Perla resort in Playa Del Carmen from 7/13-7/18. It was an amazing experience, we stayed at the royal service side. Definitely worth the upgrade, if you are looking for peace, quiet and pure relaxation.The rooms were immaculate, clean and modern, our view was horrible but we hardly were in the room. Our butler for the week was Celina, she was the best. Handled all of our reservations, she would find us in the pool area or beach and ask us how is everything going, if there's anything she can help us with, she was friendly and passionate about her job. Everyone in the resort is very friendly, they aim to please. My drinks were always full and they constantly double checked to see if there was anything else we desired. My favorite restaurants were Fuego, La Palapa, & The Grill (For dinner). The trip into 5th Avenue for some shopping was great as well, Raul our driver was very helpful in recommending where to go.

We loved the trip so much, we are planning on visiting again with friends and family! We are also interested in their upcoming resort in Costa Rica!

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
Quality Manager B, Gerente at Paradisus Playa del Carmen La Perla, responded to this reviewResponded July 21, 2013

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your preference in our Paradisus Brand and thank you for sharing your experience in our Paradisus La Perla Playa del Carmen with our future guests.

We are glad to read you had an amazing experience in our Resort; it is a pleasure to learn you enjoyed the peace and the quiet, just relaxing time. We are happy to know you enjoyed our exclusive Royal Service Area and the benefits, to know you enjoyed our culinary experience and to know the service for our staff was always attentive and focused on your satisfaction, especially from your Butler Celina.

Our main goal is your total satisfaction, it is heartwarming read we accomplished that goal with you during your stay.

We will be waiting for you and make you repeat this memorable experience with all your family.

Reviewed July 19, 2013

Five girlfriends and I went on a trip for my birthday last month and stayed at Paradisus Playa del Carmen LaPerla. We were a little skeptical about and all inclusive resort. We were pleasantly surprised! The rooms were very spacious and the resort is beautiful and very well maintained. The food was excellent, in all the restaurants! We ate the breakfast buffet with made to order omelets and fresh fruit daily and made reservations in the restaurants for dinner. All the staff at the resort were super friendly and attentive. After the first day on the beach, the attendant remembered what everyone was drinking and the following day as soon as we were in our beach chairs, he had a drink on the tray for us. I would definitely recommend this resort. I will be visiting Paradisus Punta Cana The Reserve next week and I hope it is as nice as Playa del Carmen!

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with friends

Dear Guest,

We would like to thank you for your preference in The Paradisus Brand, thank you for your confidence.

It is a pleasure for us to be part of especial moments for our guests, we are very happy to read you had a wonderful time in your birthday celebration, with your friends. Also we are glad to learn you enjoyed our facilities, our dining options and to know the service provided for our staff was always attentive and friendly.

We appreciate your recommendation; will be an honor host you in Paradisus Punta Cana The Reserve or in any other Paradisus Resort.

Reviewed July 19, 2013

Our trip was a getaway without the kids and it did not disappoint. Initially, I booked this package online with airfare and the all-inclusive component. I must have booked Paradisus La Esmeralda by accident. For your information, La Esmeralda is the sister component to this resort and is the family-friendly resort that is next to La Perla. Being that this was a getaway for my husband and me, I was anxious to switch over to the adult-only side, La Perla. When we checked in, we expressed our desire to move over to the adult-only side. Jose (front desk) told us that the resort was full and said we could be moved to La Perla the next day for a $10 fee. We felt that the fee was very reasonable and we were pleased that it was not hundreds of dollars. When we went back to the front desk the next day, Jose remembered who we were and even waived the fee. A pure delight! He was very accommodating and it set the tone for our vacation.

After registration, we went to the concierge and set our dinner reservations for the week so we were not blocked out of certain restaurants. I would recommend seeing Luis at the La Perla concierge desk as his service was superior! While there, we ate at The Grill, Ventos, La Palapa, Bana (tatami table in back room), and Passion. The Grill was our first night's dinner and was good. Ventos was the best meal I ate there. La Palapa is romantic as it is outside but they have a bit to go in terms of food before I would rate them as good. Bana (tatami service) was outstanding. We were the only two people at the the table of 8 and our server, Eliezer M., made our dinner so special. He spoke with the chef and requested vegetarian options for myself since it was a set menu. We requested addtional helpings of the appetizers and he was more than willing to accommodate our special requests. He even had the pastry chef send out a special dessert for us after the pre-set dessert that was part of the dinner. His service was outstanding! Passion is a restaurant that garners addtional costs as it is the highest-end restaurant on site. I would have to say that this was the most high-end service I have ever received and I consider myself an extreme foodie eating all over the world especially in Manhattan. Their service staff was attentive in all of your needs and requests. We literally had 6 or 7 different attendants that each had particular jobs. The chef even came to speak with us at the end of the meal which was a bonus, in my eyes. The most delicious part of my meal was dessert...passion fruit panna cota with a granita sprinkling and yogurt ice cream atop it. My meal was not the best I had on site but it was the most memorable in terms of service. Note that this restaurant is an additonal cost as I mentioned previously and requires a mandatory 15% gratuity but it is worth it if you prefer top-notch service. The M bar that specializes in martinis was outstanding. My husband and I splurged the first two nights we were there and drank about 3/4 of the drinks on the menu. They use premium liquor and know how to make a quality martini. We also ate at the Hadar adult-only buffet for breakfast every morning. It was good and there is anything and everything you could imagine. I recommend the green juice that they make as a hangover cure. It is full of good things for your body!

The grounds are pretty but the design and interior decoration of the resort is what makes it stand out. The decor is modern and what I would call sexy chic. There are multiple seating areas in every area. It is clear that the resort wants you to be able to lounge and feel comfortable no matter where you are. Being that we stayed at La Esmeralda and La Perla during this stay, I would say that both rooms are beautiful. La Esmeralda is slightly older and has more earth tones in the room whereas La Perla had more trendy decor but both are well above-average suites. Our room in La Perla had a partial ocean view so that was a bit more special. I was curious about the many swim-up suites at the resort but never saw many people lounging on them so it may not be necessary to book one as most people went to the pools with service. The servers are on top of their jobs and rotate constantly around the pools taking drink and orders for food at the two different Sunset Grill locations on the resort. The lunches seemed, to me, the one time of day that the food was not on par with everything else but most of the time during the day, we focused on having drinks by the pool so it was not a huge deal for us. Tipping is not necessary or required but my husband and I found that the bartenders and servers would remember you and take care of you if you showed them some hospitality.

Lastly, the beach. It is pretty but I am a beach snob. It is not the most beautiful I have ever seen but the chaise lounges and umbrellas are great as well as the table service you get while catching some rays. I much prefer the pool unless the water is crystal clear. This beach has some sea grass on the bottom which causes some darker areas versus crystal turquoise waters though there are patches of the turquoise sections. My husband and I went for a walk on the beach at night twice. It was reassuring to see people stationed at the two deck areas that connect the beach to the resort checking wristbands and monitoring that outsiders do not get in to the resort.

Overall, the trip was very memorable and our biggest splurge so far. The all-inclusive vacation is the only way to go especially when it is at La Perla where they strive to take care of you and give you the best service possible. There were a few minor things that I would have changed but nothing that deterred from the time I was having. I would recommend this resort to anyone and I have high expectations!

Room Tip: In La Perla, request a room that is not facing the pool as those areas tend to be the loudest. Ask f...
4  Thank Christi H

Dear Guest,

First we would like to thank you for choosing our Paradisus La Perla Playa del Carmen for your couple getaway.

We are very happy to read you had a memorable vacation in our Resort; it is an honor for us to learn you enjoyed our culinary experience, the décor of the hotel, to know you enjoyed our facilities and know the service provided from our team was outstanding and very attentive.

Jose and Eliezer will know about your recognition, thank you for mention them; we have the strong commitment in focus on our guest satisfaction and relaxation, we are glad to read we accomplished that goal with you.

Also we are happy to read you had the opportunity to be in our Paradisus La Esmeralda, please if you decide to return to Playa del Carmen with all your family o repeat this romantic experience, will be an honor for us, host you in any of our Paradisus Playa del Carmen.

A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed July 19, 2013

Property is less than 2 years old and in excellent condition.Service is first rate. I could not have had better meals at a five star restaurant.This was one of the best vacation experiences we have ever had. I would highly recommend this property if you want a relaxing week of pampering. :*))

Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for choosing our Paradisus La Perl Playa del Carmen for your past holidays, and thank you for share your experience with our future guests.

It is a pleasure read you had a wonderful vacation in our Resort; also it is an honor for us, learn you had the best experience with us. We are very happy to know you enjoyed our facilities and to know you enjoyed our different dining options.

Your recommendation it is very important for us, thank you for the confidence, will be an honor host you again in the near future.

Reviewed July 19, 2013

My husband &I just returned from a 5 day vacation at the Paradisus La Perla. We have stayed at nice resorts this one was by far the best! It was clean, food was great, and the service was bar none! I think the visit was so perfect because you could tell the employees were treated well. Even our time at the beach was amazing. This was the first time that we felt no need to venture off the resort. The SPA was to die for!

Dear Guest,

We appreciate your review on Trip Advisor.

It is an honor read by far you had the best vacation in our Paradisus La Perla Playa del Carmen, it is a pleasure learn you enjoyed our facilities, our YHI Spa, to know you enjoyed our culinary experience and to know the service provided for our staff was the service you deserve.

Our main goal is the total satisfaction of our guests, we are very happy to read we achieve that mission with you during your stay with us.

Thank you for share your experience with our future guests, please if you decide to return to Playa del Carmen, will be an honor for us, host you again and make you live again this unique experience.