Paradisus Playa del Carmen La Perla
$227
$191
$587
  • Breakfast included
Royal Hideaway Playacar(Playa del Carmen)
$331
$217
Barcelo.com
The Royal Playa del Carmen(Playa del Carmen)
$423
$240
Agoda.com
  • Breakfast included
Valentin Imperial Riviera Maya(Playa del Secreto)(Great Value!)
$401
$289
Agoda.com
  • Breakfast included
Grand Velas Riviera Maya(Playa del Carmen)
$1,434
$753
Bookit.com
Fairmont Mayakoba(Playa del Carmen)
$438
$472
$973
$450
9,953 results
All reviewsroyal servicemolethe grillsouth bargabi clubla palapa restaurantyhi spadinner reservationsalfredobutler serviceguest servicesswim up suitebali bedsour honeymoonpool partypersonal butlerall inclusive resort
Reviewed June 21, 2013

I went to attend a wedding alone. The property was very nice, but if you are single, you will find yourself wandering around alone and drinking alone at bars, and couples there don't seem interested in acknowledging you when you try to make small talk. They don't offer any activities designed to accommodate their single guests. Also, I am vegan, so I found it very difficult to explain this to servers when ordering meals and having to leave items off entrees. It would be simpler if they would include at least 2 or three vegan entrees on the menu so it wouldn't take five minutes to place an order. One can only eat so many salads before getting annoyed that they paid an "all-inclusive" price, for so few meal options.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with friends
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Reviewed June 18, 2013

We stayed at the Royal Service adults only - La Perla and it was very luxurious. The Paradisus La Esmeralda is for families. The Royal service, you are given a phone when you check in to contact your butler at any time. Although our butler seemed new and inexperienced which was little disappointing. But she did manage to make our dinner reservations for us every evening which was nice. We chose the Jr. Suite swim up and I was very happy with our choice. Direct access to the pool was awesome. The only annoying part was that our private area pool was not directly connected to the main pool so a little hard at times to get a drink at the swim up bar from our room. Other than that, no complaints. This resort has plenty of restaurants to choose from. The beach was okay, but I chose to hang out mostly at the pool. We went on an excursion in Tulum and I thought the beach in Tulum was alot nicer. Overall I would recommend this hotel to a friend because of its beauty and because the style is modern and new.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Natalie B
Quality Manager B, Gerente at Paradisus Playa del Carmen La Perla, responded to this reviewResponded June 19, 2013

Dear Guest,

We would like to thank you for sharing your experience in our Paradisus La Perla Playa del Carmen, with our future guests.

We are very happy to learn that you enjoyed our Exclusive Royal Service Area, our culinary experience, our facilities and the Resort décor.

Our guest’s opinions are vital for us, because thank to your observations we can learn and improve our service, we passed you notes to the Royal Service Manager, in order to work with her team and provide the service that you deserve.

We appreciate your recommendation, and please if you decide to return to Playa del Carmen, will be an honor host you and exceed your expectations.

Reviewed June 17, 2013

What an amazing hotel. We stayed at La Perla the adults only side. The staff could not have been more helpful from start to finish. So many restaurants to choose from. They were excellent when dealing with my food allergies and remembered what they were. The all inclusive was exactly that ALL INCLUSIVE an aspect of holidaying that my husband and i had not yet experienced. We are big wine buff's and the wine list was extensive with a great somelier to assist.
We were upgraded upon arrival to a two room suite which overlooked the main pool and the ocean facing Cozumel, view to die for.
We can't wait to come back to this resort. THANKYOU

Room Tip: Higher floors have a better view of the resort and ocean. Try to get the rooms in the centre of the "U" as you will get a complete view of the main pool and ocean.
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
4  Thank Anomis-1980

Dear Guest,

We appreciate the time that you took to share your experience in our Paradisus La Perla Playa del Carmen.

It is an honor for us, read that you had a wonderful time in our resort, we are very happy to learn that you enjoyed our facilities, our dining options, your room and to know that the service provided from our staff was beyond you expected, especially with your allergies; for us it is very important the wellbeing of our guests, we are glad to learn that all our staff assisted you in every need.

We will be waiting for you on your next visit to pamper you again.

Reviewed June 17, 2013

It was a group of 6(ages 26-28) and we arrived and check out was a breeze and we received our bracelets for our inclusive stay. We went and checked out our rooms which was the swim up suite and it was everything the pictures stated it was and more. The room was clean and the bathroom was spectacular. And the swim up suite with the jacuzzi on the balcony was an awesome option. Being able to wake up and throw on your swim suit and go swim or sit In the cool pool was neat. And also being footsteps away from the swim up bar and the pool restaurant and music was nice too. I loved the variety of people there different ages although adult only. The restaurants offered a good variety of food and drinks along with the bars.

The only problem I had with the resort was while I was in the pool my friends and I laid our things in separate cabanas... i.e. our towels, my phone, our food and magazines. I laid my phone under the towel and came back after getting a drink from the bar and my friends were sitting 10 feet from the cabanas with their feet and the pool and only my cabana was cleaned out. The workers took our towels our food magazines and my phone. We had just ordered that food and received it. I told the manager of security and guest services and they stated they couldn't do anything but I still can't figure out why my cabana was the only one cleaned out and none of my other friends were. I was a little upset because I lost my phone with pictures and what not and they could absolutely do nothing... I think that situation could have been handled differently by the resort.

But besides that it was fun. The resort can set you up on excursions and different adventures. We went snorkeling and atv riding which was awesome. Also the night life is something awesome... Good music good drinks good people good fun.

Overall I would recommend Paradisus Playa del Carmen.

• Stayed: April 2013
2  Thank VWDoll
Quality Manager B, Gerente at Paradisus Playa del Carmen La Perla, responded to this reviewResponded June 27, 2013

Dear Guest,

First we would like to thank you for choosing our Paradisus La Perla Playa del Carmen, for
your past getaway.

All our guest's notes are very important for us, because it is the only method we can improve our service, about the situation you mentioned, we regret the inconvenience, we have several procedures for this type of events, our main goal is the satisfaction of all our guests and they safety, our Security Department has been informed about your review and they will be working in your observations.

On the other hand, we are very happy to read that you enjoyed our facilities, your room and our culinary experience, thank you very much for your recommendation.

Will be a pleasure host you once again, here in Paradise.

Reviewed June 16, 2013

We got engaged last year in Playa Mujeres, and decided to return to Quintana Roo for our honeymoon. While we absolutely loved our previous stay (and my then-boyfriend was blown away by the scenery enough to propose), we wanted to be closer to Playa del Carmen and Tulum.

The resort is modern and chic, yet understated. Maybe because it's the low season, but we never felt cramped or crowded. The restaurants and service were mind-blowing...our concierge Selena made sure we had everything we needed and was happy to make reservations at their restaurants and outside excursions. Every single person in the resort extended exceptional hospitality to us-- from housekeeping, to the waiters, to the bartenders at the pool bar. We had some of the most incredible meals at La Palapas, Mole, Vento, and Passion -- and we are San Francisco food snobs. :) At Passion, it's $50 per person extra (or free with the Royal Service), but worth every penny -- their tasting menu rivals any Napa, San Francisco, or New York establishment.

Their pools are lovely and well-maintained, and they have a nice beach that's a quick walk past the mangroves.

The only downside of our experience is going back to reality...

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
6  Thank Nance77

Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for choosing us and for your trust in our Paradisus La Perla Playa del Carmen.

We are very glad to read that you had a wonderful experience in our Resort, it is an honor to read that you enjoyed our Exclusive Royal Service Area, our modern facilities, the décor, our dining options and the service provided from our staff.

Our mission is the total satisfaction and relaxation of our guest, we are very happy to read that we accomplish that goal with you, during your stay.

Please if you decide to return to Playa del Carmen, will be more than please to host you.