My husband and I just returned from a week at the Paradisus La Perla. We stayed in an ocean view Jr. Suite with Royal Service. Before our arrival I contacted the hotel to ask for a full ocean view because I had read that not all of the ocean view rooms have a very good ocean view. We stayed in room 1197, and were happy with our view. It overlooked the ocean and the RS pool. We were initially concerned about privacy, being right above the pool, but that turned out not to be an issue at all. We were also told by our Butler that she would make our reservations, bring alcohol to the room, schedule services at the Spa, etc. However, we were frustrated and disappointed with the RS and housekeeping in general. We had to ask multiple times for our mini bar to be refreshed, the second day they took one of our coffee cups and, despite asking for another one several times, it was never returned. We also had a problem getting ice for the room. Because we were in RS there were no self serve machines, and so when we called for ice after our Butler left at 5 we never knew how long it would take to get it, if it arrived at all. The last night my husband called three times, and 2 hours later he had to go to the lobby to find someone to help us. Our Butler also failed to make the reservations we requested at the spa, so my husband missed out on the massage he was looking forward to. Needless to say we were very disappointed with the service aspect of the RS. However, the other perks (exclusive pool, exclusive beach area, La Palapa restaurant) were very nice. We were very impressed with the appearance of the hotel, the restaurants were all very good with excellent service from wait staff, (Fuego was our favorite) and the amenities were very comfortable. Our other disappointment was the lack of activities. During the week there was some nice entertainment, but the bars were slow, and there was no one really out dancing. During the weekend, the main bars were all reserved for private events or weddings, so we ended up having to go into town to find something to do. All in all, we were pleased with this resort. However, we don't feel the cost of the RS was justified, in our experience. And although we said to each during the first few days that we thought we would like to return to Esmeralda with our kids in the future, by the end of the trip we agreed we will probably not return to this resort and will try somewhere different.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Paradisus Playa del Carmen La Perla is a hotel catering to the discerning all-inclusive traveler. With 58 swim-up suites, opulent furnishings, and international cuisine prepared by award-winning chefs, this adults-only hotel is a crowd pleaser. Rooms feature special touches like deep soaker tubs and rainfall showers. Marble floors, flat-screen TVs, Minibar, in-room safe, free Wi-Fi, coffee maker, bathrobes and slippers, cable TV service and a DVD/CD player compliment the trendy interior design. Stay active with water sports like aqua aerobics, yoga, zumba and volleyball, or visit the spacious fitness facility. The Spa offers a wet and dry sauna($). Try a different menu every night with 14 restaurants. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Prodigios Interactivos SA, Travelocity, Orbitz, Hotwire, Hotels.com, Despegar.com, TripOnline SA, Jetsetter, getaroom.com and Evoline ltd so you can book your Paradisus Playa del Carmen La Perla reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Paradisus Playa Del Carmen La Perla Hotel Playa Del Carmen
- Paradisus Playa Del Carmen La Perla Riviera Maya, Mexico